GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,722
2 members and 1,720 guests
flamboyanttree, gatordeltapgh

Old 04-06-2005, 07:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by jubilance1922
When you have a math question, do you consult a math teacher?

The most qualified person to speak about an org is its members.
Well I go to anyone that can help me when I have a math question. In fact I took math through the grad level in college and for each class I worked in a group to finish my problem sets. So basically we all learned off each other and I'm rather dandy with math now.

Do you understand that I'm not trying to insult you? I'm just trying to understand so I hope you get that since I haven't thrown cuss words around or been negative towards you. And I have no motivation to insult you right? Like I don't hate you, your org, or whatever so why would I?

-Rudey
Old 04-06-2005, 07:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jubilance1922 Send a message via Yahoo to jubilance1922
Quote:
Originally posted by Rudey
Well I go to anyone that can help me when I have a math question. In fact I took math through the grad level in college and for each class I worked in a group to finish my problem sets. So basically we all learned off each other and I'm rather dandy with math now.

Do you understand that I'm not trying to insult you? I'm just trying to understand so I hope you get that since I haven't thrown cuss words around or been negative towards you.

-Rudey
I never said that you were trying to insult me. And where did I say that you cursed at me or have been negative to me. In fact, if you would like to speak one-on-one, please pm me.

I do have a question for you. You have been harping on Iota Phi Theta and their name change. Why do you feel that you (as a non-member) are allowed to know the reasons behind their namechange? Can you accept that it may be something esoteric, or something they don't want to share on a public messageboard?
Old 04-06-2005, 08:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by jubilance1922
I never said that you were trying to insult me. And where did I say that you cursed at me or have been negative to me. In fact, if you would like to speak one-on-one, please pm me.

I do have a question for you. You have been harping on Iota Phi Theta and their name change. Why do you feel that you (as a non-member) are allowed to know the reasons behind their namechange? Can you accept that it may be something esoteric, or something they don't want to share on a public messageboard?
No I'm not saying that you think I'm insulting you. I just wanted that to be clear right off the bat.

I want to know a lot of things. Maybe it's why I read a lot and have a memory like a sponge.

As for I Felta Thigh: At first I asked because I wanted to know if this was for real. I'm sure you would doubt it if you read that somewhere and hadn't heard it before. Then it became a question of why use that name and why change it if you are serious about starting a national fraternity. What did I get? First I got people that attacked me. Second I got people that called me a liar until I posted the quote. And then I got people that didn't respond.

I post my questions until I get a response. If it's truly secret, then someone will say it and I will realize there is no way for me to understand it. Look at this thread. I posted my questions and people didn't answer until wolfman and elldawg answered what I wanted to know (or at least quite a bit of it).

-Rudey
Old 04-06-2005, 08:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by RACooper
Dman you're dumb...

1- Please point out where I asked for people's personal business... and kept at it after I was told "sorry that's personal".
2- Please make an honest or concerted effort to read why it is important to keep track of what is considered esoteric as I stated in my post.
3- As someone who is involved in a) student politics, b) school administration, c) teaching, and d) school history and tours - I tend to get asked a lot of questions about GLOs, particularlly when I wear my letters... and as I result I try to be as informative as possible to those interested (student, parent, faculty, or staff) without revealling anything remotely esoteric as it pretains to each org. - if they press I direct them to the org. in question for more information.

4- Finally you combative and insulting attitude is frankly getting to be more than disruptive to discussions - if you want to be an ignorant and spiteful little bitch so be it; but please do it somewhere else so the rest of GC is subjected to your self-righteous and self-deluded hissy fits.

Wow, you are moved.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by RACooper ] I'd rather hear the information explained and put into to context if I don't quite get somethings...

So if you admit you are beating a dead horse why continue to do so?
Old 04-06-2005, 08:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DSTCHAOS
Many of us did.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JocelynC
People on this site don't know when to leave well enough alone so I'll quote myself. And you know, remember when you were little and you asked your mom a question and her answer was "look it up"? I think that applies here too. Feel free to look it up, just stop the insanity. This thread is on HBGLO information. This could've been over and done about 100 or so posts ago if people just looked up and posted the websites.
I was thinking that last night.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ladygreek
And if you want to spill all the beans about PBS--go ahead. Don't expect the rest of us to do the same about our orgs.

And btw, considering your relationship with KAZO, why did you feel the need to bring up that comparison on here? Looking for some sympathizers?

Word up
Old 04-06-2005, 08:57 PM
GreekChat Member

As my dear Papa says...the only thing absolut in life is Vodka. Stop being such a fucking ass hole.
Old 04-06-2005, 09:02 PM
GreekChat Member

what a dumb discussion.
Old 04-06-2005, 09:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DSTCHAOS
Be nondismissive about general NPHC issues and SPECIFIC Phi Beta Sigma issues, then.

Your "eager beaver" mentality is ironic considering your disclaimer. Your inclusion of a DISCLAIMER means you should leave divulging SGRho information to the SGRhos.

No wonder dude always got igged.
Old 04-06-2005, 09:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by elldawg
Is it incorrect?
Why the fuck would you ask her that here? No wonder you get treated like you did.
Old 04-06-2005, 09:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Rudey
Again, I post this:

"And as for saying people research the national before the chapter, well so you're saying that the guy on the AKA forum who said his daughter would never be a Delta because of what someone said had researched the national entity? Sure."

Obviously it's not just about national programs and what a chapter is like, so is there anyone out there that actually has info as to the reasoning why some people, like this one for example, are able to come up with these conclusions so early on? If someone says research I probably won't look at it and if someone is on ignore, I won't look at it. Hopefully someone knows. Wolfman? elldawg?

-Rudey
See, that's why I like you Rudey, you do ask direct questions bravely... And you hold you own...

To directly answer you question for my instance ONLY:

Because both my parents told me I can join whatever organization I wanted, but they are only paying for AKA!!!

It is because I am a legacy and I joined my organization before there was a legacy clause in its constitution.

For those of you that work at a university, my graduate school that also was an undergraduate institution had a greek life office that requested that ALL greek organizations provide them with up to date International constitutions and bylaw documents... So it really depends on the amount of disclosure required from the universities...

Most large universities have this anti-greek disconnect from the communities. I have spoken to many members in HWGLO's about this issue alone. Because many of them provide excellent leadership opportunities for their members.

So, if there is some much sentiment from the "general campus population", then how are HBGLO's getting members--is the question I am reading from those who are interested and are posting?

Truthfully... There can be some improvements made... I agree with elldawg on that one...

What worked in my old stomping grounds was getting alumni involvement in the undergraduate chapter, i.e. attending the undergraduate events, etc. There are procedures that go along with that and I will not discuss this issue further...

But, basically, it took ALL the graduate advisors from the represented NPHC groups to come together on one accord and get our kids to the level the school is requesting us to be... When we stepped in, we had a Math Ph.D. (lady of DST), police officer (gentleman of Kappa), V.P. of the Urban League (lady of DST), an entreprenuer (lady of ZPB), a bank officer (lady of SGRho) and me Mol. Bio. Ph.D. (AKA)... We got a hold of our young people and laid down the ground work for them and afterward we got a lot of cooperation... Eventually, we were handling our business at the school and grades went up.

We had a unified approach to interests. And we were considering participating in the generalized rush practices of the NIC/NPC, but I had graduated and left grad school by that time.

But what I realized from all the young people in the NPHC was they were encountering overt discrimination not only because of their ethnicity, but also because they were greek by the administration and faculty... And the school police officers also saw it that way too... Then they had to validate themselves to OTHER greeks... No wonder these kids were at each other's throats... We had to get them back to the table and let them know we are all in this together. EDUCATION FIRST!!! But if our kids were encountering overt discrimination, that is where the Graduate Advisors and a few powerhouse members can step and and ask questions to make corrections... Quickly...

One thing that many HBCU's require is that all interests can submit for membership in their sophomore year. RARELY do we accept freshmen... And they are 2nd semester freshmen on a full load with a C+ GPA at a 4 year university with an active chapter on campus... Direct from the AKA website under membership requirements.

So, it isn't that much that we are asking. I don't know what other questions can be asked that I would want to answer... Hayle, if I had the internet back in the day, I'da be a googling fool...

"Yo soy una mujer negra" ~Zoe Saldana
Old 04-06-2005, 09:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ThaBrickHouse
Why the fuck would you ask her that here? No wonder you get treated like you did.
i thought it was because of.........................nevermind.
Old 04-06-2005, 09:18 PM
Banned

Monet,
thank you as well.

We're all here to learn. Some people want to ruin this thread like they ruined this thread: http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...rity+challenge

-Rudey

Quote:
Originally posted by AKA_Monet
See, that's why I like you Rudey, you do ask direct questions bravely... And you hold you own...

To directly answer you question for my instance ONLY:

Because both my parents told me I can join whatever organization I wanted, but they are only paying for AKA!!!

It is because I am a legacy and I joined my organization before there was a legacy clause in its constitution.

For those of you that work at a university, my graduate school that also was an undergraduate institution had a greek life office that requested that ALL greek organizations provide them with up to date International constitutions and bylaw documents... So it really depends on the amount of disclosure required from the universities...

Most large universities have this anti-greek disconnect from the communities. I have spoken to many members in HWGLO's about this issue alone. Because many of them provide excellent leadership opportunities for their members.

So, if there is some much sentiment from the "general campus population", then how are HBGLO's getting members--is the question I am reading from those who are interested and are posting?

Truthfully... There can be some improvements made... I agree with elldawg on that one...

What worked in my old stomping grounds was getting alumni involvement in the undergraduate chapter, i.e. attending the undergraduate events, etc. There are procedures that go along with that and I will not discuss this issue further...

But, basically, it took ALL the graduate advisors from the represented NPHC groups to come together on one accord and get our kids to the level the school is requesting us to be... When we stepped in, we had a Math Ph.D. (lady of DST), police officer (gentleman of Kappa), V.P. of the Urban League (lady of DST), an entreprenuer (lady of ZPB), a bank officer (lady of SGRho) and me Mol. Bio. Ph.D. (AKA)... We got a hold of our young people and laid down the ground work for them and afterward we got a lot of cooperation... Eventually, we were handling our business at the school and grades went up.

We had a unified approach to interests. And we were considering participating in the generalized rush practices of the NIC/NPC, but I had graduated and left grad school by that time.

But what I realized from all the young people in the NPHC was they were encountering overt discrimination not only because of their ethnicity, but also because they were greek by the administration and faculty... And the school police officers also saw it that way too... Then they had to validate themselves to OTHER greeks... No wonder these kids were at each other's throats... We had to get them back to the table and let them know we are all in this together. EDUCATION FIRST!!! But if our kids were encountering overt discrimination, that is where the Graduate Advisors and a few powerhouse members can step and and ask questions to make corrections... Quickly...

One thing that many HBCU's require is that all interests can submit for membership in their sophomore year. RARELY do we accept freshmen... And they are 2nd semester freshmen on a full load with a C+ GPA at a 4 year university with an active chapter on campus... Direct from the AKA website under membership requirements.

So, it isn't that much that we are asking. I don't know what other questions can be asked that I would want to answer... Hayle, if I had the internet back in the day, I'da be a googling fool...