GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 1,568
0 members and 1,568 guests
No Members online

Old 08-09-2018, 11:19 PM
GreekChat Member

I’m afraid since DD did well after round 1, Saturday morning is going to be a huge blow. It’s the name of the game though, and I want it over! The Fireball is coming out tomorrow night!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-10-2018, 12:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Why not now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherRusher View Post
I’m afraid since DD did well after round 1, Saturday morning is going to be a huge blow. It’s the name of the game though, and I want it over! The Fireball is coming out tomorrow night!
There will be absolutely no judging if you pull it out now! My daughter's turn will be next week and I already want it to be over!
Old 08-10-2018, 07:28 AM
GreekChat Member

As always the UGA student newspaper, The Red and Black, posts a daily album of pictures from each round of recruitment. Here is a link to Round One: https://www.redandblack.com/multimed...5ebd9e.html#19

This is a great resource for upcoming PNMs who want to get a look at what PNMs and sisters really wear for recruitment, what the tents look like and even a peak at what the boys on campus are doing during recruitment (don't worry, Mamas, its mostly flirting while handing out water!)
Old 08-10-2018, 09:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveMaroon View Post
Back in the jurassic era at UGA, I went from 18 to 8. I was fine with it. In retrospect, I was a little tactless. My Rho Chi checked to see if I was OK, and I told her I was thrilled that I didn't have to go back anywhere I didn't like. Totally true. Now did I get cut from places (cough KD cough) that I thought I had nailed it? Sure. But not really the point. I'm an optimist.

Truth be told, seven houses is PLENTY for second round. You can focus a little better, you get some breaks... you have the advantage over Full Schedule Felicia who can't catch her breath and can't remember Delta Zeta from Delta Gamma. Or was it Gamma Phi Beta?

I am glass half full, for sure, but full schedules are a rarity, and they come with their own heartburn.

Good luck Moms and Daughters!
I loved your recruitment story!
Old 08-10-2018, 09:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlGirl13 View Post
As always the UGA student newspaper, The Red and Black, posts a daily album of pictures from each round of recruitment. Here is a link to Round One: https://www.redandblack.com/multimed...5ebd9e.html#19

This is a great resource for upcoming PNMs who want to get a look at what PNMs and sisters really wear for recruitment, what the tents look like and even a peak at what the boys on campus are doing during recruitment (don't worry, Mamas, its mostly flirting while handing out water!)
This is great info indeed. As for the guys watching? When I went through rush (decades ago), there were always guys who literally "set up shop" - they'd put a sofa on the sidewalk across the street from some sorority houses and sat there to watch the girls go by, LOL. I even remember hearing a story of some guys driving down the street who were so busy watching girls that they rear-ended another car.

Last edited by NYCMS; 08-10-2018 at 11:01 AM.
Old 08-10-2018, 10:50 AM
GreekChat Member

I haven't had an rec gals for UGA before, so I haven't paid much attention to it, but do the parties take place outside? That looks brutal in August weather!!!!
Old 08-10-2018, 11:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkaytay View Post
I haven't had an rec gals for UGA before, so I haven't paid much attention to it, but do the parties take place outside? That looks brutal in August weather!!!!
No - the parties are all inside, but the girls wait outside between parties. The busses are air conditioned and tents help keep them out of the elements, but the humidity is intense!
Old 08-10-2018, 01:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCMS View Post
I even remember hearing a story of some guys driving down the street who were so busy watching girls that they rear-ended another car.
I know of it happening on Bid Day. Guys would cruise up and down South Milledge like kids in a candy store. We saw a fender-bender my Junior year.

Apparently, from the sister side, the sororities/panhellenic are all excited about R2 return rates.

Old 08-11-2018, 04:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEviolet View Post
Any news on the UGA front? I heard back from 2 of my rec girls and round 3 didn't go as well as they thought. They were each cut by houses they liked, but each have at least 1 they are hoping to pref...Prefs are tomorrow morning, which back in Ancient Times, we had them in the evening!
How interesting that they do prefs in the morning...never heard of that. The schools that I'm familiar with still do them in the evening. Just personally, but I like evening since it adds an air of formality and mystery as well.

Do you know the reason for having them in the morning? When do they get their bids?

And I wish them luck and staying open to whichever house wants them as a sister!

Last edited by NYCMS; 08-11-2018 at 04:53 PM.
Old 08-11-2018, 04:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
...which back in Ancient Times, we had them in the evening!
Definitely. I think around 4 - 7 PM. Then we would start scrambling for bid day.

Back in the days of skits, they started crazy early, and there was food. So as a Rushee, depending on where started your day, you might be greeted with a slab of cheesecake at 7:45AM.

And of course, we all kept the Coca-Cola distributor busy with deliveries of the little glass bottles.

Sugar coma for days.

Old 08-11-2018, 04:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Bids are distributed Monday at 6pm. I believe Monday is also the first day of classes.
Old 08-11-2018, 05:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Oh! and my Georgia Southern rec went Phi Mu...happy for her (obviously I wanted a little lion instead of a ladybug but it's all good
My son's precious high school classmate became my Monmouth Duo sister today when she pledged KKG at Georgia Southern!
Old 08-12-2018, 05:09 PM
GreekChat Member

FloridaTish, how is your friend’s daughter doing?
Old 08-12-2018, 10:54 PM
GreekChat Member

You're right NEviolet - classes begin tomorrow. My daughter had a good week overall. Naturally she was sad to see some chapters go, but she attended two prefs today. She loves her first choice but says she knows she could also be happy at her second choice. Fingers crossed that she gets her first choice! From what she said, it seemed like the cuts after round two were rough for a lot of girls. She said she saw a lot of upset girls and know some personally who dropped out Saturday morning. She said that this morning (pref) seemed to be a much happier day for people. I'm just glad Bid Day is tomorrow! I've definitely lost sleep this week!
Old 08-12-2018, 11:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Oh! and my Georgia Southern rec went Phi Mu...happy for her (obviously I wanted a little lion instead of a ladybug but it's all good
We have a little Georgia Southern friend who also went Phi Mu... she said ADPi was the only house that cut her all week... I had offered to write her and ADPi rec and she never sent me her packet. AHEM.