GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,935
0 members and 1,935 guests
No Members online

Old 07-19-2011, 11:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Pennsylvania numbers

I agree, Pennsylvania is a state that expecting someone who pledged in the state to know the exact number of chapters may not be realistic. There have got to be at least 30 schools in the state with National Social Fraternities and Sororities, and while that's no guarantee that any social greek has that many chapters, I know that APO service fraternity has 38.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
Quote:
Originally Posted by nittanygirl View Post
^^^
Weird.

Although, I probably couldn't say exactly how many chapters of Sigma there are in PA off the top of my head (but I know how many are in Kentucky!)...the rest of it sounds kind of fishy
Like someone who *maybe* began pledging and dropped or cut but regrets it...
This organization has around 50 chapters nationwide and one MAYBE two chapters in the entire northeast area. I'm not exactly sure if the website is up-to-date or I'd know for certain. It's entirely possible that his was the only chapter in the entire state of New York. He should know that.

What got me the most was that it didn't seem to register for him that his organization was founded in the *particular state* I mentioned. He was so nonchalant about it.

I didn't have any place challenging him as he is not a member of my organization and I have no affiliation to his. Thus why, though I wanted to dig deeper, I had to refrain.

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Delta Sigma Theta Front License Plate on a car in the parking lot at a local gym.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Saw a Kappa Alpha Psi license plate holder outside my mom and I's favorite breakfast place this morning. Two very nice looking gentlemen came out of the car as well. I smiled at them, but didn't say anything about the plate holder.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:23 PM
GreekChat Member

- Alpha Chi Omega sticker on a car
- Kappa Alpha Theta " "
Old 07-20-2011, 08:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Saw an AChiO sticker on the back of a car yesterday, and a SigEp one today.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:24 PM
GreekChat Member

- SHSU Tri Sigma stickers.

I'm teaching summer school at the college, so I have to drive in and out of the parking garage.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Just met an alpha chi omega In the bathroom at a bar I'm at so nice
Old 07-24-2011, 04:26 PM
GreekChat Member

My daughter and I were shopping on the Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica. In a cutsy/trendy store that sold stuff for bedrooms. There was a tree filled with plaques that read Delta Zeta...in Greek letters.

I don't know of any schools here with Delta Zeta...but an interesting sighting.
Old 07-24-2011, 05:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Washington D.C. at the intersection of H and 14th: amongst a group of Segway-riding tourists, a girl with an ASA shirt.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Big Brother - Rachel mentioned that her sorority big sister. She went to Western Carolina. Anyone know what sorority?
Old 07-24-2011, 11:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDLynn View Post
Big Brother - Rachel mentioned that her sorority big sister. She went to Western Carolina. Anyone know what sorority?
http://magazine.wcu.edu/2010/09/new-reality/

This article says Phi Mu
Old 07-25-2011, 01:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Greeks at the gym recently:
Woman in my class with a Gamma Phi Beta / Delta Chi Dancathon shirt
Woman in my class with a Sigma Kappa Sigma Phi Epsilon shirt
Woman with a Think Theta shirt.
Man with a Sigma Nu jersey.

Woman with an Xi, big spelled out on the mall, I am almost positive it was Alpha Xi Delta.

Man with a Psi Upsilon shirt on at the grocery store today.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:38 PM
GreekChat Member

walking to doctor's appointment on UWS/Morningside Heights - DG and SigEp have houses (brownstones) on W. 113th between Bway and Amsterdam. There are huge pink DG letters on the front of their door, and the SigEps have a flag outside/above the door. Theyre right next door to each other, and I bet there are other chapters (Columbia) that have space, maybe not on that block but in the area.

hypothetically speaking, if i was a DG at another school (could say NYU, but I can go with another NYC school, or even another NPC org that didnt have space on their campus-perhaps, a commuter school), if I stopped by the house to say hello, would members there think that was weird? Or would I need a reason to be there? Wonder what yall's rules are on hospitality across chapters are. I suppose its different in the city, where even having space is a luxury, but I know your chapters run independently enough that it could be weird.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tld221 View Post
hypothetically speaking, if i was a DG at another school (could say NYU, but I can go with another NYC school, or even another NPC org that didnt have space on their campus-perhaps, a commuter school), if I stopped by the house to say hello, would members there think that was weird? Or would I need a reason to be there? Wonder what yall's rules are on hospitality across chapters are. I suppose its different in the city, where even having space is a luxury, but I know your chapters run independently enough that it could be weird.
I don't think it would be weird, but I'd call ahead first, and make sure you wouldn't be interrupting recruitment/ritual/chapter/etc.