GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,454
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, nathnpetrovo648
» Online Users: 1,461
2 members and 1,459 guests
bmilesqtivaov13, naraht

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-2021, 05:06 PM
GreekChat Member

BID DAY!!!!!

On the morning of Bid Day, the bids were late getting to us. My roommate was very on edge, but I was able to wait patiently because I didn’t have so much suspense. Finally, my Gamma Chi knocked on my door and handed me a bid to…

My favorite Blue Bloods character, Frank

Also known as…

Alpha Omicron Pi!!!!!!!!!

Wow, what a time! Reliving that whole experience was crazy, haha! My grandma, who was also an AOII, was so overjoyed that I had also joined, and that made Bid Day so much more fun for me. I was so happy that she was happy.

EPILOGUE: Shortly after Bid Day, I was glad to be an AOII, but I was still struggling to deal with how recruitment had gone for me overall. At the time, I just didn’t understand why I had been cut by so many houses, plus I was dealing with all the regular stress of being a freshman in Greek Life. I have to admit that looking back on my freshman year, I don’t miss it. It wasn’t the best, simply because I felt like I didn’t know anyone. But after that, when I moved in house, I had the absolute best time of my life. I have so many wonderful memories of being an AOII. AOII was exactly what I needed. I grew so much personally and as a leader. I found women who loved me because of who I was, and who saw the best in me. They challenged me, but they have always stood by me. I would not trade my experience in AOII for anything. For future PNMs – please don’t pay any attention to what other people say. Your recruitment experience is your own. Go in with an open mind because if you don’t, you can easily get hurt. Furthermore, if you don't get "that feeling" at a house during the week, don't worry. Not feeling an instant connection to a house doesn't mean you won't fit in there, and frankly, I wish people would not hype up that feeling so much. If you get that feeling, great! But if not, don't stress. Also, just know that recruitment is not a reflection of how Greek Life really is! I promise that if you give it a chance, you won’t be disappointed.

I hope everyone enjoyed my story. Thanks for reading.

Alpha Love and Mine,

Delusions