GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,682
2 members and 1,680 guests
flamboyanttree, LaneSig

Old 10-14-2020, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnchorAlumna View Post
Some PNMs are so fabulous that I think they get dropped because everybody thought their sorority would never have a chance with her.
YES!
Old 10-20-2020, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Some PNMs are so fabulous that I think they get dropped because everybody thought their sorority would never have a chance with her.
This too.

A lot of "She is not going to return here, her sister is DG." Or "Her mom is AZD, she's probably not interested in us."

I always try to remind collegians that connections are not always an indicator of interest. You never know how connected that PNM is to a sorority.

Ex: Yeah she may have an AZD aunt who wrote her a rec but sometimes it's just a courtesy and that PNM has no preference for AZD above any other chapter. Or an Alpha Chi Omega . grandma but they really just found out and it has no prevalence in the PNM's life.

That's different from say, a PNM whose mother is a former DZ chapter advisor and who grew up at sorority events. Different connection levels.

Many times, PNMs ARE legit trying to be open-minded because knowing someone is a XXXXX alumna on paper has no bearing on their decisions.

Lakers Nation.
Old 10-20-2020, 03:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
This too.

Many times, PNMs ARE legit trying to be open-minded because knowing someone is a XXXXX alumna on paper has no bearing on their decisions.
Misread this as a Chi Chi Chi Chi Chi alumna and just for a second was trying to figure out what sororities used 5 letters...
Old 03-27-2021, 08:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JonInKC
Quote:

You mean like how some women will preemptively drop men because they figure they're too good to be true?

p a w e a since 1899
Old 03-29-2021, 06:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInKC View Post
You mean like how some women will preemptively drop men because they figure they're too good to be true?
Something like that...

Old 03-29-2021, 07:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
That's the thought that crossed my mind when I first met you!

True and Constant
Old 04-08-2021, 11:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JonInKC
Quote:
Originally Posted by navane View Post
That's the thought that crossed my mind when I first met you!

I picked the wrong sister. If I could do it over...

p a w e a since 1899
Old 04-10-2021, 07:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I picked the wrong sister. If I could do it over...

LOL...oh Jon....

True and Constant
Old 04-12-2021, 01:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Mine would be "I didn't see you as a sorority girl anyway." The PNM clearly wanted to join greek life and saying that because, say, she might not have non traditional interests and such can really kill confidence and can even cause the PNM to question her own hobbies.

Since 1888

If I can get a bid so can you; a longer recruitment story
Old 06-30-2022, 06:29 PM
Super Moderator

bumping for fall 2022--
Old 08-22-2022, 03:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Hello all!!! It’s been ages since I’ve been here. Had a question on current recruitment practices, post-Covid.

Has anything within RFM had a major change in the last few years? Daughter of a coworker going through a competitive recruitment right now. She was completely released before preference round. Mom is losing her mind over it. Daughter told mom that she was told that as long as she maximizes her options each round, and lists all of the chapters she was invited to, she would make it through to preference. I told her (kindly, gently) that is not how it works and that only applies for preference round. If she’s invited to 2 pref parties and she lists them both, she will receive a bid from one of them. But if she’s released before preference, then her only option for now is to put her name on a list with the campus Panhell in the hopes of COB. Am I wrong?
Old 08-22-2022, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator

You're right!
Old 08-22-2022, 05:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishLake View Post
Hello all!!! It’s been ages since I’ve been here. Had a question on current recruitment practices, post-Covid.

Has anything within RFM had a major change in the last few years? Daughter of a coworker going through a competitive recruitment right now. She was completely released before preference round. Mom is losing her mind over it. Daughter told mom that she was told that as long as she maximizes her options each round, and lists all of the chapters she was invited to, she would make it through to preference. I told her (kindly, gently) that is not how it works and that only applies for preference round. If she’s invited to 2 pref parties and she lists them both, she will receive a bid from one of them. But if she’s released before preference, then her only option for now is to put her name on a list with the campus Panhell in the hopes of COB. Am I wrong?
There are very VERY few campuses where every PNM that goes through rush is guaranteed a spot by the University. How they can guarantee that, I do not know.

Sounds like this girl is not on one of those campuses and that she simply misunderstood what she was told by the rush counselor. Girls can be dropped by all chapters prior to Pref at most schools. Remember that she is also eligible for a snap bid after bid lists are made, if there are chapters who do not reach quota.....