GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Careers & Employment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,534
1 members and 2,533 guests
John

Old 08-25-2005, 07:53 PM
GreekChat Member

School teachers! (student teachers too!)

I just wanted to wish you all a successful and exciting new year filled with positive challenges and excellence. May we all have the love, caring, knowledge and patience necessary to deal with everything we do this year.

Tell me and I forget. Show me and I remember. Involve me and I understand. -Chinese proverb.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-31-2005, 09:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to OUlioness01
thanks! i just took a job teaching in Greenville, NC....11 hours and 600 miles from where I grew up in Ohio. I'm kinda nervous, and this message cheered me up a wee bit, especially 'cause I was actually hired after the school year started.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Glad to hear that you are taking on a new challenge...Best wishes!
Old 09-06-2005, 11:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Today was my first day at the middle school where I'm going to be student teaching this year... Middle schoolers sure have a lot of energy... It's 9 o'clock and I am exhausted. It is going to be an interesting year.
Old 09-07-2005, 07:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Congrats on your first day, mine is tomorrow...so I'm going to go work myself out hard at the gym so I can sleep really well.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to trojangal
Keeping all of you in my thoughts...going on my 10th year of teaching and am at a new school. It's already going to be an interesting year---so far, we've had two students in Alternative school, 12 in ISD, and two who are seeing their judge this week about their court date.

Please pray.

Membership in a sorority brings pride and responsibility. Let your actions reflect the same.
CAB, Delta Eta, University of South Florida
Old 09-08-2005, 09:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to BirthaBlue4
I've been having a pretty good 1st year! I'm getting a new student whenever his bus starts (which could be December the way they roll up here LOL). That brings my total to 5 boys. I love small special ed classes lol.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Awesome all! this is my 5th year of public school, and 7th year of teaching...it was a good first day today, though if I hear another "I was supposed to be in Spanish 1, not French 1," I think I will scream. My canned response was finally: "If you were supposed to be in Sp.1 all 9 sections are full, so you can stay, leave, go take art or one of the other foreign languages, or wait until a miracle happens and you might just get in." Sometimes they just can't seem to go with the flow...besides, my class is more fun than spanish. I've observed all the spanish teachers. It was a great first day though.

Admin messed up the schedule and gave me Fr. 2 6th period, so all of my student atheletes from last year are assed-out...bummer. I tried to get it changed, but then a bunch of other kids were affected.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:20 PM
ADPiZXalum

I just opened a Christian school in Montreal....talk about being stressed!! This was our first week and it went really well.