GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,538
1 members and 2,537 guests
No Members online

Old 07-15-2003, 05:58 AM
Unregistered-

Your Convention will be...

I've been reading posts about different GLO conventions for the past few weeks. I know some people are also interested in planning GC get togethers, so I'd like to start a thread about YOUR convention info, just in case people want to get together. I get really jealous when I see pictures of GC get togethers because it's so easy for some of you to meet.

The last time AGD had a Convention was in 2001 in Atlanta. It was cool because Alpha Delta Pi held theirs exactly a week before ours. Being that it was their 150th and they were founded in Georgia, the streets of Downtown Atlanta flew with ADPi flags!!

Normally we have ours every two years, but Alpha Gamma Delta will not hold Convention this summer as she anticipates her Centennial Celebration next summer, July 17-21, 2004 in Chicago at the Chicago Marriott.

I've already made up my mind that nothing and I mean nothing will stop me from going to Chicago...and I know the majority of my online sisters are going. It'd be really nice to have a big GC Chicago party next summer!

This thread doesn't have to be just for Conventions either. If you're attending a seminar/workshop/conference for a GLO--post it here!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-15-2003, 06:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nauadpi Send a message via Yahoo to nauadpi
Adpi also has its conventions every two years. This summer, only a few weeks ago we had convention in Texas. The big news, that i am looking forward to is that convention in 2005 will be in Phoenix, AZ....So I will finally have no excuse to stop me from being there.
Old 07-15-2003, 08:22 AM
GreekChat Member

In a week and a half I leave for Tampa Florida and Kappa Sigma's 64th Grand Conclave. Our next conventiion in 2005 will be in Las Vegas, and word on the street is next summer my chapter will host our Area's Leadership Conference
Old 07-15-2003, 09:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to butterfly2001nc
tnx

We have convention every year, usually at the beginning of September. Each year it is in a different place and we have a committee that helps plan it. This year it is in Orlando, Florida.

How cool would it be to have convention in Las Vegas!!!

What are other good places to have convention??
Old 07-15-2003, 10:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sistermadly
Alpha Phi's convention is in late June, 2004 in Palm Springs, CA. I'm going to start a savings account so I can put money aside each pay period so I can afford to go.
Old 07-15-2003, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator

Summer, 2005 in St. Louis.

This year there is a College of Chapters for undergrads. It's in Lexington, VA. I went to it a couple years ago and it was great.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 07-15-2003, 10:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Beta Theta Pi has annual conventions.

The 164th General Convention of Beta Theta Pi will be July 24th-27th in Oxford, Ohio on the campus of Miami University - the place of our founding.
Old 07-15-2003, 10:51 AM

Karnea, Delta Tau Delta's every two year international conference will be held next August here in Denver.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 07-15-2003, 11:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sairose Send a message via Yahoo to sairose
SAI convention

SAI Convention is only 16 days away! But I'm not counting or anything. It's July 31-August 4, in Dearborn, MI. This convention is super special for us because this year marks our 100th birthday!!!

I know RedRoseSAI is going, and so is BrownEyedGal, and who else? I hope to meet my GC sisters up there!!

Last edited by sairose; 07-15-2003 at 11:10 AM.
Old 07-15-2003, 12:07 PM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
D Phi E's next convention is in late June 2004 in San Antonio, Texas. I know that Chi Omega's and Tri Delt's is around the same time as well in San Antonio.
Old 07-15-2003, 12:12 PM

The 2004 Delta Gamma Biennial Convention will be held just outside of Washington, DC, at the Crystal Gateway Marriott, in Arlington, Virginia, June 24-28, 2004.
Old 07-15-2003, 12:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Sigma Kappa has convention every 2 years and a collegiate officer training school (COTS) on the off year. We had converntion last year in Scottsdale, Arizona. COTS is always in Indianapolis and starts this week. Convention next year is in Cincinnati, Ohio and is June 24-27, we will be celebrating our 130th anniversary.
Old 07-15-2003, 01:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CutiePie2000
The 2004 Delta Gamma Biennial Convention will be held just outside of Washington, DC, at the Crystal Gateway Marriott, in Arlington, Virginia, June 24-28, 2004.
phi mu is having convention in arlington, va next year, but i don't know what the dates are. that would be so much fun if dg and pm were at the same time!

i am going to try to go, but i have to start saving now!
Old 07-15-2003, 01:32 PM

Delta Zeta's 46th National Convention will be at Saddlebrook Resort in Tampa, Florida, July 9 through 14, 2004.

Since I missed the one last year (the biggie Centennial Celebration), I am bound and determined to attend this next one. Since it takes place at a resort, I think I will try to bring along the husband and kiddies. They could swim, play tennis, etc. while I do DZ stuff
Old 07-15-2003, 01:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: SAI convention

Quote:
Originally posted by sairose
SAI Convention is only 16 days away! But I'm not counting or anything. It's July 31-August 4, in Dearborn, MI. This convention is super special for us because this year marks our 100th birthday!!!

I know RedRoseSAI is going, and so is BrownEyedGal, and who else? I hope to meet my GC sisters up there!!
Oh my gosh. Only 16 days! :anic:: I have sooooo much to do between now and then!!!