GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,273
0 members and 2,273 guests
No Members online

Old 06-01-2002, 11:36 AM
GreekChat Member

I adore "Legally Blonde." It just makes me laugh on so many levels--as a sorority girl, lawyer, and chihuahua owner. It reminds me a lot of one of my other favorite movies, "Clueless." Sort of like "Cher Horowitz Goes To Law School." They both have that tongue-in-cheek, good-natured feeling about them.

Anyway, my fellow Gator Glitter650 hit all the important points about the scene Tara's asking about. So I have nothing to add there! Tara, trust us, rush will be one of the most wonderful, unforgettable experiences of your college career. Go where your heart leads you and you won't be disappointed!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-01-2002, 02:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Greeklawgirl, this has nothing to do with the movie, but on the way to work today, I saw a man walking his Chihuahua, which could not have weighed more than a pound or two. It was so precious!
Old 06-03-2002, 12:12 AM
GreekChat Member

APhigirl, I agree with you!!!!! I love that movie in part because it reminds me so much of my sorority experience!!!!! Elle reminds me so much of my 1st little, who actually is a DEAD RINGER for Reese Witherspoon!!!!! (Lisa lives in NYC and I GUARANTEE that she has been accosted by crazed fans who thought she was Reese.)

I think Elle is such a great character. On the surface she seems so shallow, etc. but actually she is a fantastic person. She is totally herself, and she's ok with it. So she has a lot of money (I'm still trying to figure out when that became a bad thing) and likes stuff.......that's her and she fully admits it. She is nice to everybody and tries her hardest to make others like her. I know I would have been her friend!!!!
Old 06-03-2002, 01:19 AM
GreekChat Member

ok this is a little baby brag that might not even be relevant, but in the movie when they are showing the "delta nu" house, in the foyer they show the letters that are the tile floor and from the camera angle it looks like the letters are really DZ and not Delta Nu...makes me wish i went to that school
Old 06-03-2002, 10:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ISUDeeZee8
in the movie when they are showing the "delta nu" house, in the foyer they show the letters that are the tile floor and from the camera angle it looks like the letters are really DZ and not Delta Nu
I've always wondered if a DZ had a hand in making that movie...the letters are SO similar, and if I remember correctly, Delta Nu's colors are also pink and green!
Old 06-04-2002, 11:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorry to disappoint, girls, but actually from a couple of articles I read the actual inspiration for Delta Nu was DG. The producers and some of the actors went and hung out with the DGs at one of the area campuses to get ideas......that's where the whole Tiffany jewelry thing came from......the producers said that virtually every DG on campus had the Tiffany heart set and they thought it was so funny they had to put it in there.
Old 06-06-2002, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by RubberSoul
Sorry to disappoint, girls, but actually from a couple of articles I read the actual inspiration for Delta Nu was DG. The producers and some of the actors went and hung out with the DGs at one of the area campuses to get ideas......that's where the whole Tiffany jewelry thing came from......the producers said that virtually every DG on campus had the Tiffany heart set and they thought it was so funny they had to put it in there.
Yippers, the inspiration is Delta Gamma's Alpha Nu chapter at USC (and I have met that chapter...there is a similarity!
Great girls! Also, remember way back, on the Legally Blonde website, you could send an ecard and it accidently said "Delta Gamma is the best you can be" instead of Delta Nu? They have since fixed it, but I saw it with my own eyes!
Old 06-08-2002, 06:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Aphigal
I actually know a lot of girls that rushed because of that movie. The realized it was a movie, and not 100% what real sorority life was like but they wanted -the pretty house, the best friends, the support (not only do her friends rush to her side when she gets dumped, they help her study, and go to her first trial!), and if all else fails go get a manicure!
I'm happy they rushed for the right reasons! Sisters are the best kind of friends a girl can have...the kind of friendship depicted in the movie was right on target!