GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,459
Threads: 115,512
Welcome to our newest member, aolviatopz5295
» Online Users: 1,635
1 members and 1,634 guests
zashlytopo8836

Old 10-14-2009, 01:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Recruitment Process at Texas Tech

Can anyone tell me how sorority rush works at Texas Tech? I know schedule of events; however, just want to know when it comes down to cuts how this works and the entire process. I would appreciate any and all info!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-14-2009, 02:26 PM

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...d.php?t=106684

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...d.php?t=106882

http://www.orgs.ttu.edu/gogreek/registrationpacket.asp

http://www.orgs.ttu.edu/gogreek/forAlumnae.asp

Lakers Nation.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Ask vague questions and you shall get vague answers.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DoubleTDG
How did I miss 2 threads about Texas Tech Recruitment?

Old 10-15-2009, 02:03 PM
GreekChat Member

KSUViolet06, Thank you for the sites. I had already been to the Greek Life site at Tech and reviewed that information; however, I was wondering how the elimination process worked each day. For example: I have heard some schools do cross cutting, some just based on your list and if your list matches their list then you are invited back, etc.

I did try to search this forum for Texas Tech info and must have missed the threads you provided for me. Thank you, I will definitely read. I apologize if my first question appeared vague - I'm a newbie on this forum. I have a senior daughter and we are trying to go to every resource possible to get info.

Thanks again
Old 10-15-2009, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galstx View Post
KSUViolet06, Thank you for the sites. I had already been to the Greek Life site at Tech and reviewed that information; however, I was wondering how the elimination process worked each day. For example: I have heard some schools do cross cutting, some just based on your list and if your list matches their list then you are invited back, etc.

I did try to search this forum for Texas Tech info and must have missed the threads you provided for me. Thank you, I will definitely read. I apologize if my first question appeared vague - I'm a newbie on this forum. I have a senior daughter and we are trying to go to every resource possible to get info.

Thanks again
Tech's Panhellenic site lists the max number of chapters PNMs will visit each day.

http://www.orgs.ttu.edu/gogreek/datesattireschedule.asp

The PNMs visit all 11 the first day. Then 8, then, 5, and then 2 for Pref.

I have no clue what you're talking about in terms of "cross cutting."

Recruitment is a mutual selection process and each day, the girls will receive a max number of invites back and rank the chapters they visit.

The actual selection criteria and processes of each individual chapter (and how they determine who comes back) are private.

Lakers Nation.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

while sororities are deciding which pnms to invite back for the next round of parties, the pnms are ranking the sororities. after the pnms attend all 11 parties during the first round, they will rank their 8 most favorite chapters as #1's and the less desirable 3 as #2, #3 and #4. if all of the pnm's #1's do not invite her back, then #2 will be moved up. in the event that #2 does not invite her back, then #3 would be moved up. The goal is for the pnm to have the maximum # of parties to attend each day. sometimes pnms do not have a full compliment of parties to attend-that's okay, and there is never just one girl that this happens to. in this event, the pnm will just go to a designated spot and try to relax for that period of time.

your daughter should try to have recommendations to each chapter on her campus, keep an open mind and give each group a chance.

in general, sororities are looking for friendly girls who care about their appearance, present themselves well, have good gpas, were in a few extracurricular activities and volunteered their time somewhere.

while this is not specific information,hope that this helps.

Last edited by FSUZeta; 10-15-2009 at 03:47 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you for explaining that FSUZETA..I am pretty sure that is what galstx was asking and you answered it very clearly.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:49 PM
GreekChat Member

mammom, you are correct, that is the exact info I am looking for - just trying to understand the process of matching/elimination. FSUZETA - perfect explanation; you made it very clear and easy to understand. I appreciate your help and knowledge!
Old 10-15-2009, 06:46 PM
Super Moderator

texas alumnae panhellenics seem to all hold recruitment information sessions in the late winter, early spring-those ladies are organized! please contact the nearest alumnae panhellenic association to see if they hold such a session and make every effort to attend. alternatively, look in the newspaper for an announcement of a recruitment information session.

i'm glad that my info. helped. good luck to your daughter!
Old 10-15-2009, 06:58 PM
GreekChat Member

yes, we have definitely heard she will need recs and she's begun making a list. Our panhellenic meeting is February 28 and we do plan on attending. Any other info or advice is welcome - thanks to everyone for helping us.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:44 PM
Super Moderator

i have heard that at some of the alum. panhellenic events, the alumnae actually collect packets from the pnms that contain a resume and flattering photos of the pnm. you all might want to make enough packets as there are sororities at texas tech, just in case.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Based on her user name, I'd say she probably needs this one, but the 2010 recruitment info isn't up yet. This Panhellenic group is extremely well organized when it comes to recruitment and DOES collect packets from PNMs for delivery to the various universities. The Informational Tea will be held in the spring....usually in March.

http://www.clearlakepanhellenic.org/...ent.asp?page=1