GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Sigma Sigma
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 2,097
1 members and 2,096 guests
gatordeltapgh

Old 10-09-2007, 06:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Aww congrats, ilovetheviolets!! You look beautiful in the photo! Sigma weddings are so much fun. I was one of my Big Sister's bridesmaids as well when she got married a few years ago.

And glad to hear that grad school is starting off well Jocelyn. How are classes treating you now that you're a month into it?

Scotland is lovely as ever. I had an absolutely insane summer travelling for my research (London and Venice), a friend's wedding (I was her maid of honour) and dancing in the Fringe festival in Edinburgh for two weeks. Fun stuff, if tiring.

I can't believe I have less than a year to finish my PhD. Ack. I would like to know where my second year went and why my supervisor didn't make me write more (I have about 22,000 words so far of an 80,000 word thesis). But it will get done, and in a little over a year (barring any major disasters), I shall be Dr ShyViolet. hehe.

Sigma Love and Mine,
Laura
Old 10-29-2007, 11:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Just thought I'd post a few random updates...

-I'm leaving tomorrow for a mini-vacation (3 days) to San Antonio...the boyfriend and I are driving down there (it's like a 7 hour drive), so that should be interesting...it will be the longest we've been in the car together.

-I started a 16-week course last week at the synagogue to learn more about Judaism

-My collegiate chapter is having a tailgate on Saturday before the football game (they're hosting it jointly with the other Oklahoma chapter whose team we're playing)...I'm excited to go back and visit...it's been too long!

What is everyone else up to?
Old 11-02-2007, 01:43 PM

As for me, I'm surviving my first semester in grad school. It's been challenging but I enjoy it.

On a Tri Sigma note, I visited my collegiate chapter yesterday to welcome my new GRANDLITTLE! She's adorable!

I'm so proud of my girls as a whole because they've managed to get 22 new members this semester!

Lakers Nation.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:28 AM
GreekChat Member

What is everyone going for Thanksgiving this year? Any fun traditions that you and your family or you and your chapter do?

I'm feeling a little nostalgic for Thanksgivings past right now...the new boyfriend and I were going to cook a traditional meal for my mother but now he has to go home to attend to some family business. So, it's going to be just my mother and I at my apartment. I really miss the traditional Thanksgiving dinners that I had growing up with my parents and my uncle. Not large by any means, but it was nice. It's hard when it's just Mom and I sometimes. One of my best friends/sisters invited me and Mom to her house for Thanksgiving but my mother doesn't want to go and be around people she doesn't know (which is a story unto itself!).

I love hearing family Thanksgiving stories...so share away!
Old 11-17-2007, 08:22 PM
GreekChat Member

hmmmmm

I am an adviser to a chapter....I am a member of the gold program.....had my first meeting after my initiation...

Things are moving very fast with sigma and I am loving it....

attempting to write a novel that isn't a piece of crap....

Thinking of moving across country for a change of scenery..

loving my job, but will most likely look for a new one....

The edit button has become my new best friend
Old 12-04-2007, 06:49 PM

My Big is now engaged! I'm so excited for her

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 06-02-2008 at 04:27 AM.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations KSU! My little was my Maid of Honor...it was amazing! My random is that my husband and I bought our first tree together. I am Jewish, he is Lutheran...so I've never had a tree. It was so much fun to decorate!!
Old 02-19-2008, 12:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Urgh - so I cracked a rib a week and a half ago (caused by my pas de deux partner trying to show me something he wanted me to do, slipping and landing his weight on my ribs) and it still hurts like none other. My doctor gave me painkillers which make me so tired that I'm prone to falling asleep at my desk every 15 minutes or so (much to the amusement of my officemate). Thank goodness I don't have to teach any early classes this week (or at all this term).

It's so frustrating to not be able to do a lot of the things I usually do (dancing in particular), as we're rehearsing selections from La Bayadere for a performance in May (I'm in the pas de quatre), and I have to finish the choreography for the Irish dance classes I teach... And I have to walk around with my hot water bottle, as I'm in too much pain to go more than an hour without it. I look like a real idiot when the red fuzzy fabric pokes up out of my handbag. Argh.

Thanks for listening to my rant - back to my thesis, I suppose. :/
Old 02-19-2008, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyViolet View Post
Urgh - so I cracked a rib a week and a half ago (caused by my pas de deux partner trying to show me something he wanted me to do, slipping and landing his weight on my ribs) and it still hurts like none other. My doctor gave me painkillers which make me so tired that I'm prone to falling asleep at my desk every 15 minutes or so (much to the amusement of my officemate). Thank goodness I don't have to teach any early classes this week (or at all this term).

It's so frustrating to not be able to do a lot of the things I usually do (dancing in particular), as we're rehearsing selections from La Bayadere for a performance in May (I'm in the pas de quatre), and I have to finish the choreography for the Irish dance classes I teach... And I have to walk around with my hot water bottle, as I'm in too much pain to go more than an hour without it. I look like a real idiot when the red fuzzy fabric pokes up out of my handbag. Argh.

Thanks for listening to my rant - back to my thesis, I suppose. :/
Ouch. Best wishes for a quick recovery.

Lakers Nation.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks Jocelyn!
Old 02-22-2008, 02:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Compy died on my last week, I am slowly getting back into the groove. The loss that was the hardest was my email. I still have my old hard drive but the brilliant repair guys did not back up my drive completely like I asked.

Good News: I am going on a mini vacation next week to Boston to hang out with friends and dress up!

The edit button has become my new best friend
Old 02-25-2008, 08:28 PM
GreekChat Member

My major event at work was Saturday and went well! It was the first year that I did it "on my own" as my boss resigned in January, so I've been doing my job and hers! I'm so glad it's over, though!
Old 02-26-2008, 12:06 AM
GreekChat Member

I got approved for graduation today! Here's to walking across the stage to pick up my fake diploma on April 28th!

All I need now to feel completely at ease is a phone call I've been waiting FOREVER for. More to come soon, hopefully....
Old 02-26-2008, 04:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Pin on Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/SIGMA-SIGMA-SIGM...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 02-28-2008, 07:44 AM
GreekChat Member

I applied for my dream job today. Please, wish me luck...pray for me...whatever you do...I need all the luck in the world right now!