GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 1,622
3 members and 1,619 guests
AlwaysSAI, Xidelt

Old 07-03-2001, 01:02 PM
GreekChat Member

WHoops....... ya'll forgive me...

I spelled "Prospectives" wrong in the topic....

I know, I know....I lost some cool points on that one... it's all good though

ROOOOOO
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-03-2001, 03:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Bruh, I am right there with you. We as members need to be more cognizant of what we put out there and to practice the discretion (oops, there's that word again ) we always preach to prospectives.

I will check out your site!

------------------
MCCOYRED
Mu Psi '86
BaltCo Alumnae

Dynamic...Salient...Temperate...Since 1913
Old 07-03-2001, 09:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Alias_01
I guess you could say I'm what you would call a "digital prospective". But from my real life conversations with greeks, I was told no matter how much info I acquire before I pledge will mean little and can never compare to what a REAL process will teach me. IMHO :-)
Personally I throughly appreciate every member, chapter and org that has a web page..I enjoy reading them.

Peace and Love
Old 07-04-2001, 12:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Question "Digital Prosepectives"

Sorors,

What do you think about people's personal and chapter websites? Do you think too much information is available on the net about our organizations (i.e. info that only members should know)? Do you think that it's a positive or negative form of advertising?

With that in mind, check out my website at http://www.angelfire.com/ca6/goldboots. I am preparing to renovate it and want to know how ya'll feel about what's there and if anything should be added or taken off. Negative and positive criticism wanted.

I'm just kind of curious that our websites may not fully represent what we should be portraying to GDI's. Of course, the sites are just a reflection of the organization's members, whether they be good or bad.

Ok, I'm done rambling.... after I say this (he he).... I just don't know how comfortable I am with what I like to call "Digital Prospectives" going through "digital intake." Some one who has never spoke of their interest to a bruh or soror delves in and out of our organizations' pages reaping tons of info and end up eliminating the most important aspect of joining....sisterhood/brotherhood.
Granted, someone can go into a website and find out the fraternity's/sorority's aims and purposes to see whether or not it is the one for them. I think that's a positive. But do they really need to see Omega/Delta Songs, poems, etc.?

It definitely has it pros and cons....I'm wondering what ya'll think.

I've also posted this topic in the Que forum as well. Can't wait to get your input.....

BE OUT!! ROOOOOOOOO!!!!!

------------------
T.J.
Da Nasty Lone Dog
1-Phi Omicron-SMR '00
Check me out:www.angelfire.com/ca6/goldboots
Old 07-04-2001, 12:59 AM

Lightbulb

if you aren't progressing...you are either stagnate or regressing...