GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Phi Omega

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,836
1 members and 1,835 guests
Cookiez17

Old 08-17-2011, 06:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitapoul View Post
lol, it's not that big of a secret. After all it's in my user name. Delta Theta at UL.

We are guaranteed at least two basketball games a year (one ladies and one mens)...both I think are away games for us.

You've definitely provided lots of ideas and thoughts for us to take into consideration. Thanks!
YEAH! I know your Section! My suggestion is to read "The Good Guys" from Phired UP productions. I have found that you can use some of the ideas for recruitment.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elicampbell View Post
YEAH! I know your Section! My suggestion is to read "The Good Guys" from Phired UP productions. I have found that you can use some of the ideas for recruitment.
Thanks! I'll have to see if I can find a copy of that anywhere...
Old 08-18-2011, 12:05 PM
GreekChat Member

BTW, I looked at Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kentuck...sville_rivalry). It looks like Basketball games have been scheduled every year since 1983-1984 and Football games every year since 1994. While football is the Governor's Cup, some years the football game has been scheduled in August(!), which makes getting things together more difficult. OTOH, the basketball game appears to be over the Christmas break...
Old 08-18-2011, 01:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Yeah, I'm very aware of the traditions of UK/UL, since I grew up a Cats fan. The football game is usually the opening home game. The basketball game for men is usually over Christmas break...last year it was New Years Eve. Let me tell you, going back up to Louisville to play pep band for that game was a logistical nightmare. Everyone in Lexington temporarily migrated to Louisville. haha
Old 08-18-2011, 04:26 PM
GreekChat Member

For good or ill, I just can't imagine any of the other Rivalries for UL (Wikipedia says U Cincinnati, Marquette, WVU & U Memphis) quite generating the same amount of on campus enthusiasm, but I don't know the school)
Old 03-26-2012, 08:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Now might be a good time to quickly schedule a UK/UL competitive service project!
Old 07-04-2012, 01:58 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm just now seeing this. Unfortunately I was not able to schedule a competitive service project because I was required to be in New Orleans. haha