GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 1,297
1 members and 1,296 guests
g41965

Old 04-08-2015, 12:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Rushing as a transfer

So I am a transfer student interested in rushing for a fraternity. My current options lie with University of Kansas, LSU, and possibly UT.

Now, although I am familiar with greek culture (have friends that are greek, and have seen how the rushing process goes, albeit an ACC school - if that matters), I am but a mere GDI and I've never rushed before.

My concerns are that I am a transfer student and that I am now 21 years of age. I won't be graduating for another 2 years, so I'll be 23. In terms of college age, I don't think that's too bad, but I can understand that it might not be seen as favorable.

The concept of top, mid, and low tier is new to me. Where I'm at, I hang with a fraternity that gets a lot of flak for silly reasons, and they might not also throw the best parties, but I find them to be the chillest dudes. So all in all, I'm interested in the brotherhood. That's not to say I wouldn't choose a fraternity that's more popular if given a bid; I would like take advantage of networking potential or other benefits that may come with joining a fraternity, so of course the chapter and popularity may be a factor for me. I do understand that my options are limited, so any fraternity bid is good for me.

I would also like to know of any other requirements or just any general information I can get concerning the rushing process, preferably of those schools, if anyone is familiar.

Thank You