GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Gamma Rho

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 2,150
0 members and 2,150 guests
No Members online

Old 10-11-2011, 01:39 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm interested in Sigma Gamma RHO

OK I decided to create a forum for all those who may be interested or have questions about the illustrious Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority Incorporated.

Poodles!!!!
Old 10-11-2011, 01:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fineprint View Post
OK I decided to create a forum for all those who may be interested or have questions about the illustrious Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority Incorporated.

Poodles!!!!
Are you an aspirant or a member?
Old 10-11-2011, 01:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Mership status

I am a member
Old 10-11-2011, 01:58 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm not seeing it now but someone posted what would my sorors at my school think of this. here is my response.

Well Maybe I should start by saying that I am not now at a school as I have attained my bachelors degree and am an Active and Financial Member of an Alumni Chapter. What I find is that both undergraduate and graduates alike are interested in various sororities or fraternities and some not all members act as if they are so high and mighty they make themselves unapproachable. This post was simply meant to allow any ladies aspiring to become apart of my illustrious organization, an opportunity to obtain (non privlidged) information through this forum.
Hope this answers you question.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
I'm not seeing it now but someone posted what would my sorors at my school think of this. here is my response.

Well Maybe I should start by saying that I am not now at a school as I have attained my bachelors degree and am an Active and Financial Member of an Alumni Chapter. What I find is that both undergraduate and graduates alike are interested in various sororities or fraternities and some not all members act as if they are so high and mighty they make themselves unapproachable. This post was simply meant to allow any ladies aspiring to become apart of my illustrious organization, an opportunity to obtain (non privlidged) information through this forum.
Ok.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Welcome to GC! I sent you a PM.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Hello all! I am an aspirant of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Incorporated. I am, what you might consider, a "newbie" to GreekChat as well, so please bear with me, as I am sure some variance of this has been posted before.

I grew up in an area that didn't really have a lot of African-Americans, as well as was a first generation college student, so I didn't have much experience with BGLOs or Greek life in general until my sophomore year of college, when I began researching the Divine Nine. As I completed my research, I became interested in Sigma Gamma Rho, and acquainted myself with the members of the sorority on my campus. Although I wanted to pursue membership in undergrad, I was also in a tough situation where I was working two jobs, interning, and taking a full load of classes while applying for post-graduate opportunities, so I didn't think it would be the best time to dedicate myself to a MIP, if invited. However, now that I have graduated and am on more solid footing with my finances, I have realized that my dream of serving my community through this organization has not died. I would love to pursue membership in an alumnae chapter.

I will have the opportunity of attending an alumnae interest meeting soon, and I respectfully ask for any advice or tips on this - I have only attended undergraduate chapter interest meetings, and I am wondering, if there is a different protocol or anything I should expect? I want to be as prepared as possible. In addition, if possible, can anyone highlight differences between pursuing alumnae and undergraduate membership? I understand if these cannot be provided, and thank you all for your time!

Last edited by missmoni; 12-08-2011 at 09:39 PM.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmoni View Post
Hello all! I am an aspirant of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Incorporated. I am, what you might consider, a "newbie" to GreekChat as well, so please bear with me, as I am sure some variance of this has been posted before.

I grew up in an area that didn't really have a lot of African-Americans, as well as was a first generation college student, so I didn't have much experience with BGLOs or Greek life in general until my sophomore year of college, when I began researching the Divine Nine. As I completed my research, I became interested in Sigma Gamma Rho, and acquainted myself with the members of the sorority on my campus. Although I wanted to pursue membership in undergrad, I was also in a tough situation where I was working two jobs, interning, and taking a full load of classes while applying for post-graduate opportunities, so I didn't think it would be the best time to dedicate myself to a MIP, if invited. However, now that I have graduated and am on more solid footing with my finances, I have realized that my dream of serving my community through this organization has not died. I would love to pursue membership in an alumnae chapter.

I will have the opportunity of attending an alumnae interest meeting soon, and I respectfully ask for any advice or tips on this - I have only attended undergraduate chapter interest meetings, and I am wondering, if there is a different protocol or anything I should expect? I want to be as prepared as possible. In addition, if possible, can anyone highlight differences between pursuing alumnae and undergraduate membership? I understand if these cannot be provided, and thank you all for your time!

Check your PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Interested!

Hi all! I attend a small PWI that does not permit any Greek letter orgs on campus. I would like to know if it is possible to pursue membership (as an undergrad) through a chapter on a different campus in this city? Or through any other means? I understand if this cannot be answered here, but I would really appreciate if someone would point me in the right direction as to where I can find this information.

Thanks in Advance,
Firefly
Old 08-11-2017, 09:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Greetings!

Good morning ladies of Sigma Gamma Rho. I'm an aspirant as well. I've actually been interested in the sorority since 2009. I recently moved from Louisiana to Tacoma, Washington, and have been interacting with members here. I'm going to some events this weekend and was invited to the informal rush at the end of the month. Any advice going forward?
Old 08-11-2017, 01:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aishaelle View Post
Good morning ladies of Sigma Gamma Rho. I'm an aspirant as well. I've actually been interested in the sorority since 2009. I recently moved from Louisiana to Tacoma, Washington, and have been interacting with members here. I'm going to some events this weekend and was invited to the informal rush at the end of the month. Any advice going forward?
Be yourself!
Old 08-11-2017, 03:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmadiva View Post
Be yourself!
Thanks!
Old 08-14-2017, 09:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Ok, so I attended the events the local SGRho chapter had this past weekend and it went well. Three aspirants attended, however, I seemed to be the only one that really knew anything about the sorority. Anywho, I will be attending the informal rush at the end of the month. It's a long time coming and I hope I make it through and will one day sooner rather than later become a Sigma Soror. I do feel a little awkward at times though because I'm 27 and just now pledging. I left school for four years to join the Navy, so I'm no spring chicken lol! However, I do feel that it is better for me to pledge at 27 than at 18 or 19 when I lacked structure and maturity. I know for a fact I would NOT have been a good candidate for a sorority at that age, as I was still immature and still finding myself out as a person. Now I'm at an age where I'm ready, even if I might be the oldest person on the line.