GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,249
2 members and 1,247 guests
KDKells, Xidelt

Old 07-24-2001, 04:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Red face AGD Daughter...

Hi AGD's!!! My mom is alumni from Mercer University and Florida State University and I just wanted to let you all know what a great organization I think you are a part of. Growing up I looked forward to becoming an Alpha Gamma Delta, but unfortunately my school does not have a chapter (...although I am an Alpha XI Delta and fully loving it). Keep up the great sisterhood ladies!

-Melissa
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-24-2001, 01:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Awww, thank you Melissa! What a sweet thing of you to say. I have a friend who is an AXD from Michigan, and from what I've seen, your organization is wonderful!

Make sure to give your Mom lots of Alpha Gam love from her sisters on Greek Chat!

And of course, our Alpha Gam love to you--our little legacy!
Old 07-24-2001, 04:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Thank you so much! ...and by the way, I read your profile and my mom is also an attorney!

"Whatever the letters, we're all Greek together."
Old 07-24-2001, 09:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Very cool! Feel free to tell her about our board...maybe she might want to join us here! And of course you are welcome to drop in anytime too.
Old 08-04-2001, 03:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

I showed my mom this website and she thought it was too cute! by the way its so funny, i was in the sigep message board and is your husband a sigep? my "exboyfriend/friend/everyone says well get married one day" is a sigep, and his brothers are so great, by far my favorite fraternity on campus, pass that on to your busband...
-melissa
Old 08-04-2001, 09:09 AM
GreekChat Member

My Sister-in Law, Jeannine, is an Alpha Gam Alumnus from VCU. She has all kind of Alpha Gam stuff. I think shes trying to be more active as an alum. We never had AGD at George Mason but its my schools loss I think the AGDs on this board are great Two I can think of are OTW and LeslieAGD

Fraternally,

Kevin Mullinix
Beta Theta Pi Alumnus
George Mason
Old 08-04-2001, 01:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Kevin, that was really nice of you to say...what a sweetie! I'm not familiar with your fraternity, but I'm sure you have a great group of guys!

------------------
Whitney
Old 08-04-2001, 09:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MARIA!!!! and my XI LOVE to you and your husband
Old 08-04-2001, 09:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you Melissa! You are such a sweetie...you do your mother proud.
Old 08-04-2001, 10:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Maria and Whitney,

Wow, Thanks Ladies. You both are very sweet and thanks for the kind words. Laine4JC, I saw your post in chit chat and I thought what you said was very sweet. GreekLaw, Thats cool about your cousin. PolySci is definitely a good one at Mason. I graduated in 97 with a B.S. in Administration of Justice however I'm not doing anything Justice related now. I am working for a major bank in Northern Virginia.

Mason is definitely a pretty campus and its pretty young too. It was very accessible to DC which made it nice. Only about 30 years old. When I graduated there was like 16 fraternities on campus and 6 Sororities. XO, AOII, A-Phi, Gamma Phi, Zeta, and Phi Mu. I heard they just recently added AXD. Thats great that you share such a strong bond with your sisters. I love each and every one of my brothers. Even though things are not the same as they were in school but we still have that special bond. Actually my Fraternity is having a birthday in a few days on August 8th. We were founded on August 8, 1839(hence my username). Actually I've heard from my brothers at Southern Illinois U. that they hold your Sorority in high regard. I'm sure there are other chapter that feel the same way as well. We have chapters in almost every state and in Canada.

Beta Love,

Kevin

[This message has been edited by Miami1839 (edited August 04, 2001).]
Old 08-04-2001, 10:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey Kevin,

My mom's birthday is August 8th, too! It must be a very auspicious day!

And my cousin just finished her first year of law school at American University. Her family lives in Leesburg. Do you know the town?

AGD Love,
Maria
Old 08-05-2001, 12:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AlphaXiStarlet:
by the way its so funny, i was in the sigep message board and is your husband a sigep?
-melissa
Hi Melissa,
Yes, my husband is a Sig Ep! In fact, we met at a pledge mixer and have been attached at the hip ever since. We're celebrating our first wedding anniversary in three weeks!
btw, they are also my favorite fraternity by far, but I guess I'm biased.
--Maria
Old 08-05-2001, 12:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Miami1839:
We never had AGD at George Mason but its my schools loss I think the AGDs on this board are great Two I can think of are OTW and LeslieAGD
Hi Kevin,
My cousin recently graduated from George Mason with--I think--a degree in poli-sci. I've seen pictures of the campus and it looks beautiful! You're lucky to be going there.
And thank you for your kind words about AGD...its nice to know that we are well-thought of around here! And you're right, OTW and Leslie are wonderful people. Lucky for me, I think all my sisters are amazing.
Alpha Gam Love to You!
Maria
Old 08-05-2001, 11:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Maria,

Wow, thats awesome about your Mom's birthday. A very special day indeed

Thats cool about your cousin and finishing her first year. Ironically, my moms sisters family used to live in leesburg. They live in Winchester now. I'm not totally familiar with leesburg but I do know where your talking about Actually one of my cousins is in his second year of law school at Willam & Mary.

Beta Love,

Kevin
Old 08-05-2001, 03:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi Kevin,

Wow, what a small world. I swear it seems like its getting smaller by the minute. I've never been to Leesburg, but my husband and I are hoping to make a trip to DC in the near future. He's never been. I'm sure we'll drop in on my family when we go. Maybe we'll get to meet you too!

Maria