GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 575
0 members and 575 guests
No Members online

Old 07-29-2009, 09:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Informal: how many chapters?

I've been doing searches to read up on informal recruitment, and have come across a lot of references to going to fewer than the number of chapters participating. It seemed in some of the things I read that it is bad form to go to COB events at a large number of houses. I am going to be a transfer this fall and as such can go through COB in the fall. I was planning on attending whatever events I was invited to. I'm new, I don't know girls in the chapters (with a very few exceptions, and those I don't well), I don't have a particular group in mind, just trying to keep an open mind. Should I rethink my plan and only attend events at a small number of houses? Or is at alright for someone who has not gone through formal to attend any COB events to which she is invited?
Old 07-29-2009, 10:14 AM
GreekChat Member

I think it is fine to go to as many COB event as you would like if you don't know anything about the chapters. You will likely not have much time to figure out where you want to be so pay attention. There may only be a few chapters planning to COB anyway.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 07-29-2009, 11:28 AM

You might have gotten confused and read some of the NPHC or AI threads. Those do not apply to your situation. DEFINITELY go to events at ALL the chapters participating.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:36 AM

During COB, it is to your advantage to attend events for as many chapters as you can.

Lakers Nation.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:35 PM
GreekChat Member

I think she may have also read info about women who go to parties for only one chapter since they know a lot of women in that chapter or that chapter is the only one doing COB. At my school, it was not unusual for a woman to accept a bid after going to only one COB party at one chapter. If you have an opportunity to go to more chapters than one, by all means take that opportunity. If you don't you might later wonder, what if!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 07-30-2009, 04:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you ladies. I'm glad to know I misunderstood the contexts/ details of some of what I was reading! I am looking forward to getting to know all of the COBing chapters a little better this fall.