GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,603
2 members and 1,601 guests
*winter*, speedsters

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2012, 02:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Transferring Questions!

Hey! I have a few questions they are general greek life questions in general, not specific to one organization so i'm hoping to get some good feedback!

Heres the sitch
Im a second semester sophomore, i'm going through deferred rush in a few weeks but im not sure the school I am at is right for me, but i'm hoping this semester to change my mind. If not, i'm going to transfer to an SEC school (small liberal arts at the moment)

1) (assuming worst case scenario) If I rush this semester, get a bid, try it out & decided I still wasn't happy, DONT initiate, & transfer, do I have to wait a full calendar year to rush again at the SEC school

2) I will be a Jr. when I rush again at the SEC school (non deferred rush), I know it is unlikely for a Jr. to get a bid, however is it impossible?

3) The SEC school I am transferring to will also be the school i attend for graduate school. Can you be active while in graduate school? During rush should I share this fact with the greek ladies? & Is this like fraternity life when you can be an active for for four years,(that may be wrong), but I know a fifth year sr who rushed as a sophomore who is still active.

That covers it for now, thank you lovely ladies