GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,426
0 members and 1,426 guests
No Members online

Old 07-13-2011, 06:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by als463 View Post
I looked and couldn't find it. What did some random girl post on there? I only saw stuff about new prints coming out for letters and the thing about the Miss USA pageant. Am I missing something?
It was eventually deleted by the Admin almost immediately after I posted this.

Basically a PNM from NC rushing at Bama this Fall wrote on the wall and solicited rec help. In true cut and paste form we see here on GC, she went from Page to Page of the NPC sororities for which she didn't have recs and just changed the sorority name.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always AlphaGam View Post
It was eventually deleted by the Admin almost immediately after I posted this.

Basically a PNM from NC rushing at Bama this Fall wrote on the wall and solicited rec help. In true cut and paste form we see here on GC, she went from Page to Page of the NPC sororities for which she didn't have recs and just changed the sorority name.
Wow. That is just cheesy. I'm sorry I missed it.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool Recs for the University of Tennessee

What is the best way for someone new to a college (like the University of Tennessee) to get recs?
Old 07-27-2011, 11:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by efirefly View Post
What is the best way for someone new to a college (like the University of Tennessee) to get recs?
Ask your parents' friends, coaches, former teachers, people you know from church if they are members of sororities or know someone who is.

Contact your local Alumnae Panhellenic. A directory is listed at www.npcwomen.org -- if your local area is listed but there is no link, contact someone at NPC so they can put you in touch with someone in your area.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:33 PM
GreekChat Member

University of Michigan recs

My HS senior daughter and I went to a University of Michigan admissions event last night. One of the student panelists who is a sorority member told my daughter that she HIGHLY recommends recs, and multiple ones for each chapter are even a good idea. She specifically told us that she had recs for all the chapters when she went through recruitment. She said not everyone will have them, but recruitment draws large numbers of PNMs and it's easy to get lost in the crowd without a rec. I know that when I went through, there were several sororities that pledged a majority of legacies, and this student did join one of the sororities for which she is a legacy.

Since my daughter may go to Michigan next year, I'd be interested in hearing if anyone has any more up-to-date info. on the necessity of recs for this campus?
Old 08-10-2011, 08:52 PM

Stuff like this isn't going to change in that short of time - if a current sorority member says recs are good to have, get them. Especially if the number of girls going through rush or just the amount of students being admitted in general has been steadily increasing.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:57 AM
GreekChat Member

is it appropriate to include a copy of your transcript with the letter of rec? also, a photo?
Old 08-11-2011, 09:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciencewoman View Post
My HS senior daughter and I went to a University of Michigan admissions event last night. One of the student panelists who is a sorority member told my daughter that she HIGHLY recommends recs, and multiple ones for each chapter are even a good idea. She specifically told us that she had recs for all the chapters when she went through recruitment. She said not everyone will have them, but recruitment draws large numbers of PNMs and it's easy to get lost in the crowd without a rec. I know that when I went through, there were several sororities that pledged a majority of legacies, and this student did join one of the sororities for which she is a legacy.

Since my daughter may go to Michigan next year, I'd be interested in hearing if anyone has any more up-to-date info. on the necessity of recs for this campus?
Disagree.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ml2314 View Post
is it appropriate to include a copy of your transcript with the letter of rec? also, a photo?
yes, and make sure the photo is up to date and normal and flattering-not a prom pic, or a photo of you in a costume or uniform(cheerleading, band, majorette, girl scout, etc.)
Old 08-14-2011, 09:15 AM
GreekChat Member

UGA Definitely

You definitely need a rec for UGA.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Going to disagree with UNC being on the must-have-rec list. However, if you are an out-of-state student, I would say it's good to get recs.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzgirl View Post
Disagree.
Disagree with needing recs at Michigan or disagree with Sciencewoman allowing her daughter to go there?
Old 08-14-2011, 12:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetpretty View Post
Disagree with needing recs at Michigan or disagree with Sciencewoman allowing her daughter to go there?
Needing recs. U of M is a great school. I have no problem with it.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:05 PM
GreekChat Member

I got one last letter of rec. My problem is that it would now be late. Better to send it in late or not at all?
Old 08-15-2011, 02:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Does anyone know if recs are needed for Union University in Jackson, TN? There are only three sororities, so I'm not sure if that makes it more competitive or less?