GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,276
1 members and 1,275 guests
znathanhulzeo24

Old 04-28-2013, 03:11 AM
GreekChat Member

OKC Thunder Cheerleader called "chunky" (sorority alumna)

A (female) CBS Sports blogger calls a OKC Thunder cheerleader "chunky".

http://gma.yahoo.com/sports-blogger-...opstories.html

Her response was "to be womanly always, to be discouraged never".
(With those words, I knew she was my sister. Upon researching, Kelsey Williams is a Chi Omega from Oklahoma University.)

Not sure how a woman who looks like this would ever be called CHUNKY!

As a FEMALE working in television sports for over 2 decades -- What the does this have to do with sports coverage???
For the sports blogger who wrote about this (under a pen name) -- Write about the game!
Old 04-28-2013, 09:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Lordy, I think this woman is beautiful. From her response, I knew she is a sister. Of course, I thought to check GreekChat first before our website. LOL.

As for the blogger...it's sad that some women are never able to leave the mean girls mindset behind.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Lord have mercy, I'd love to be that kind of chunky! What a classy response, too.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 04-28-2013, 10:21 AM
GreekChat Member

The only thing I can come up with: maybe it's because her face doesn't look all sunken in and chiseled and plastic? It actually looks like a "normal" face. Seriously...

I'd kill for that "chunky", too. On my best day in Never Ever In My Entire Life have I ever looked that adorable and wonderful.

Guess the sports blogger (a) hates Chi O (b) is jealous (c) doesn't understand that you keep certain things to yourself (d) needs new glasses (e) all of the above.

oh, and just in case anyone takes offense at the preceeding paragraph:
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity

Last edited by AZTheta; 04-28-2013 at 11:19 AM.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator

This is about a week old. It mostly got publicity because a local blog, The Lost Ogle (so named because we have three generations on two networks of reporters from the Ogle family), took a screenshot of the article before it could be deleted.

Here's their last bit of continuing coverage:

http://www.thelostogle.com/2013/04/2...r-girl-chunky/

Here's the original article from TLO:

http://www.thelostogle.com/2013/04/2...r-girl-chunky/
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 04-28-2013, 02:11 PM
GreekChat Member

If that is chunky, then I guess I have a new work out goal...

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 04-28-2013, 04:54 PM
GreekChat Member

People have such a distorted view of what is healthy. Last week I was reading about models eating tissues - TISSUES - during photo shoots. The woman they showed was so sickly looking there was NOTHING attractive about her. She was literally skin and bones.

This cheerleader is a healthy looking woman.

Just a cursory glace through an art history book will show anyone that our views on what a woman should look like are seriously screwed up.

But then again I think the BMI expectations are totally screwed up too so I'm biased.

My recruitment story: My sorority membership changed my life.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:09 PM
GreekChat Member

But look at those boobs! Doesn't she know to be acceptably pretty you have to have boobs that keep you from being able to stand upright?

Shame on that female reporter. We have enough trouble with having women taken seriously without having one of our own beat us down.

On a separate issue, there is at least a little blame to go around with the photo shopped top picture.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Seriously, can I have her "chunky" body?!?!

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 04-29-2013, 05:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to NutBrnHair
Those OU Chi Omegas are class acts.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiSis View Post
Shame on that female reporter. We have enough trouble with having women taken seriously without having one of our own beat us down.
Exactly. The author should be ashamed of herself on two counts. 1. Being a rude beyotch about a beautiful young lady and 2. Writing the blog post under a pseudonym.

"CBS Houston sports blogger Anna-Megan Raley is under fire for writing a post asking if an Oklahoma City Thunder cheerleader is "too chunky."

Raley, writing under the pseudonym Claire Crawford, wrote "The Rockets looked terrible in Game 1, but some say they weren't the only bad-looking people on the court."

She was referring to Kelsey Williams, a blond basketball cheerleader who Raley claims has been "criticized" by some for having "pudginess" around her waistline."

And here's the kicker...according to news reports, Anna-Megan Raley tried out for a professional dance team for a MLS team and was not chosen. I saw the footage on a sports show today at the gym. In the footage, she looked to have a similar body type to Williams, whom she publicly slammed.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Chunky? You can almost see her ribs.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:12 PM

Can I be that chunky?

Good for her for taking the high road and not slamming the blogger.