GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,451
2 members and 1,449 guests
naraht

Old 06-09-2014, 12:01 PM
GreekChat Member

I've been reading a lot of complaints about last night's episode. I frankly don't get why. I enjoyed the battle bc it's a huge part of the story and it helps determine he path Jon will take as well as some other important characters. I won't say who bc I do t want to spoil it for non readers of the book.

What's bugging me is how in the hell are they going to end the show this season? There's still so much waiting to happen unless they wait til next season.

Warning: highlight only if you don't mind spoilers or have read the books.

Will we see Jon become Lord commander of the Night's Watch next week or will they drag that out til next season? I'm betting they wait til next season.

Will Stannis come to the aid of The Night's Watch? I know it happens in the books but for him to do this now would be odd bc there has never been a mention of Stannis or Davos discussing The Wall like there was in the books.

I'm betting the season finale will be Jaime & Varys helping Tyrion escape. Tyrion will then kill Tywin and Shae. I really hope he says the line from the book that popular to contrary belief, Tywin did not shit gold. LOL!

What I want the season finale to be is the Brotherhood without Banners to find the body of Cat Stark and reanimate her so she comes back as Lady Stoneheart. That would be an epic finale!
Old 06-09-2014, 12:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for hiding the spoilers! I’m still deciding whether I want to read them or not, but it’s nice to have the choice either way. I have only read the first book in the series, and am current on the TV show.

I do have one question though (non-spoilery as long you watched last night’s episode): Last night, when Maester Aemon talked about being Aemon Targaryen- was that the first time it was revealed on the TV show that he was a Targaryen? It seemed like it was meant to be a “big reveal.” I already knew it, but was that because I read the first book, or have they referred to him as being a Targaryen at any point previously in the TV show?
Old 06-09-2014, 12:16 PM
GreekChat Member

No, it was said at one point before, I just don't remember exactly when

And I just didn't like that the whole episode was the war at the wall
Old 06-09-2014, 04:55 PM
GreekChat Member

I have read up to book three. I hate to read too far ahead because I then forget things. I am going to start book 4 and book 5 this summer. A friend recommended reading 4 and 5 at the same time because they cover the same time period just different characters.

I am wondering how they are going to fit all of the things left from book 3 into the finale. I cannot wait for the finale.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:32 AM
GreekChat Member

FYI

Aemon revealed he was a Targaryen in book 1 and in Season 1, if I recall correctly.

@IndianaSigKap...it me up in a PM, I have some things for you if you are going to read Books 4/5 together (as it should be)...it will make it a whole lot easier for you

Gwyn

The edit button has become my new best friend
Old 05-08-2016, 07:05 PM
GreekChat Member

I cannot wait for tonight's episode! The first episode was kind of a downer; slow and plodding without much reveal. Then last week's was...wow. That's all I am going to say, in case some of you haven't watched yet. Tonight we should see if the fan theory R+L=J is a possibility. I hope it's not one of those once a season really dull episodes that sets up the rest of the season. Fingers crossed.
Old 05-08-2016, 08:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSigKap View Post
Tonight we should see if the fan theory R+L=J is a possibility.
I've never read the books (been meaning to!) and so I looked this up to make sure it was what I thought, but I have to say that I've been suspecting this myself. It was a definite feeling I had from watching the first season of the show. After looking it up, I'm so much more convinced of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSigKap View Post
I hope it's not one of those once a season really dull episodes that sets up the rest of the season. Fingers crossed.
Same here.
Loyal, forever, Alpha to thee
Old 05-13-2016, 05:31 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
Spoilers

Hang in there Olly