GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,256
1 members and 1,255 guests
bjenzdarka5720

Old 09-19-2000, 05:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Red face Nervous!

I just started rush last night and it was great. I enjoyed meeting all the girls I've met so far because they were all so nice. I still have 2 more nights to go of just meeting the sororities, and then we get invited back for Inspirationals on Thursday. Bid Day is Friday. I'm so nervous!!! What if I don't get any bids at all??? I'll feel like such a loser!
Old 09-19-2000, 05:45 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
Smile

Daisy,

Just be yourself and relax! Ask good questions, work in why you'd be an asset to a chapter and have a good time.

Don't worry about not getting bids - and even if you do (which is unlikely unless you are a failing student with no personality), it is not a reflection on you, per se.

When you sign your bid card or accept invitations, keep in mind what chapters are already like you - these are where you will feel most at home once Recruitment has ended.

I see that you are going through recruitment at a school that has a special meaning to me, so you really must write and tell me where you pledge! More NPC sororities were started at Longwood College than any other school - ZTA, KD, Tri-Sigma, Alpha Sigma Alpha. They are known as the 'Farmville Four'.

------------------
Fraternally,
Barbara
Zeta Tau Alpha Alumna

If you have to go around telling everyone you're in charge you're not much of a leader.
Tallahassee Area Alumnae of ZTA
Tallahassee Alumnae Panhellenic & Sorority Recruitment FAQ

[This message has been edited by PnguinTrax (edited September 19, 2000).]
Old 09-19-2000, 10:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Hi. I just finished going through rush so I know how it feels to be freaking out about the bids. Don't worry too much abut it though-I think almost everyone who rushed at my school got a bid except for these two girls, but that is because the bid matching process is really hard. The good news is that those two girls were called the next day and they are going to be joining a sorority too. I think it works out for the best for everyone. The thing that I learned going through rush is to ALWAYS ask the girls questions. Sometimes if you don't, you come off looking uninterested. Best of luck, and keep us posted :-)
Old 09-19-2000, 10:34 PM
GreekChat Member

What kind of questions do you recommend asking the sisters...
Old 09-20-2000, 12:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile

I met the ZTA's tonight and I just loved them. I hope I get invited back because they were great and I totally felt at ease talking to the sisters. I'm not so nervous anymore!
Old 09-20-2000, 12:45 AM

Smile

Hi Daisy!

Good luck with rush. The last I heard, Longwood doesn't allow first semester freshman to rush. So I'm gonna assume that you're a second year. When going through remember to make your decisions based on your own experiences with the chapters. Not things that you heard may or may not have happened.

Even though being Greek is a big deal at LWC; there's a chance that by the end of rush, you may not want to join one of the NPC sororities. Remember that there are other options open to you. I believe that there is a local based there. Also there's Alpha Phi Omega. You can join APO and a sorority too!

I would definitely suggest being involved at LWC. Who knows, if you're active enough you might get picked to be a CHI! I don't think anything at LWC could be cooler than to have that honor.

Barbara,
I don't know if you've ever had the chance to visit Longwood. There is definitely a reason why so many sororities were founded there! Farmville is not exactly an exciting town.

Sorry that this is kinda long. I'm having flashbacks to Spring Weekend there.

Old 09-20-2000, 08:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile

I think it's interesting that so many people have heard of LWC, since it is a small school in a small town. But I guess since 4 NPC sororities were founded here, there's a good reason for that. You're right, they probably got bored! I know about Alpha Phi Omega. Actually, I don't want to get TOO involved because I'm in a really tough major and I shouldn't overload myself too much. And my grades are my number one priority. Thanks for everyone's advice!