GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 2,421
1 members and 2,420 guests
No Members online

Old 01-26-2006, 12:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorry to barg in, but with some companies you can rent a car if you are under 25 they just charge you an additional daily surcharge. I know Thrifty will let you rent because I did it when I was in college.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-26-2006, 12:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mu_agd
Does anyone know when IHQ is going to start sending out information and registration packets?
Old 01-26-2006, 01:57 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally posted by mu_agd
Does anyone know when IHQ is going to start sending out information and registration packets?
It was suggested that you send in the pre-registration before February 1st, so I'm thinking anytime after that...?

Cindy Luis Wells (our Recruitment Advisor) was so kind enough to take on the task of coordinating the airfare for us Hawaii girls in hopes of getting a group rate. Aloha and Hawaiian both fly into Orange County, so hopefully we'll be able to avoid yucky LAX!

Depending on how many of us go, I was thinking about getting a rental car anyway.
Old 01-26-2006, 03:11 PM
GreekChat Member

I think IC will be finalizing some details at their next meeting (early Feb) and packets will go out after that. Election info should be coming soon too.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:35 PM
GreekChat Member

I got my registration packet today.. anybody else?
Old 02-03-2006, 06:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool ME!!

565 FULL CONVENTION
160 THURS DINNER ONLY
230 FRIDAY DAILY
230 SAT. DAILY

MEAL SERV ONLY
90 OPENING DINNER
65 INFO OASIS LUNCH
95 EP BANQUET
65 FOUNDATION LUNCH
105 FEAST OF ROSES (BOY, THOSE ROSES TASTE GREAT, LOL)

REGISTER BEFORE 3/1/06 = $50 SAVINGS ON FULL CONV.

REGISTER AFTER 5/1/06 = $50 LATE FEE

CANCELLATION AFTER 5/15/06 = $100 CANCELLATION

SHUTTLE $23.00 EACH WAY FROM PALM SPRINGS INTL AIRPORT approx 20 minutes from resport

HOTEL = $99 ROOM RATE PER NIGHT = RESERVE BEFORE 6/1/06 TO GET RATE.

Workshops.....these are the best best offering that I've seen...more relevant to what collegians and advisors need on an almost daily-monthly basis

The 1st to register from a collegiate or alumnae Jewel Chapter gets a special ribbon!

Anything else you want to know?

ETA
Been scoping some of the travel sites from Atl to LAX and Palm Springs Airport.

I've been looking at different travel sites...it's about $330 to LAX but then you have to pay about $130 to rent a car ($25 a day if under 25!!!). If you fly into Palm Springs, its about $441 and the shuttle is $23 one way but that's a lot of Alpha Gam's on 1 flight, lol.

The hotel rooms are $99/a night...I'm taking that to mean no matter how many are in the room. RIGHT???

At Chicago, there were 4 of us.

Last edited by AGDLynn; 02-03-2006 at 11:00 PM.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to winnieb
Re: ME!!

Quote:
Originally posted by AGDLynn

The hotel rooms are $99/a night...I'm taking that to mean no matter how many are in the room. RIGHT???

[/B]
That is what we were told by the hotel!
We have our rooms booked and will be mailing our registrations in next week!! I cant wait-- oh and I requested the time off work today!
Old 02-07-2006, 07:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Gosh, I think that right now there will be about 7 GTaus! or maybe more!

That will be a first!!

BTW, when I mentioned that Sandy's chapter had enough of people to get a group airplane rate, someone wanted to know how....

"Cause they start planning right after one Convention for the Next!!

Sandy, how many DS's are going?
Old 02-07-2006, 07:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to winnieb
We were told 10 people for a group rate, is that correct? And Sandy, do you know you know how much of a savings you receive with the group discount for the airline tickets?
Old 02-07-2006, 08:04 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally posted by winnieb
We were told 10 people for a group rate, is that correct? And Sandy, do you know you know how much of a savings you receive with the group discount for the airline tickets?
I believe it is 10. Whenever I had people call in for more than 9 seats, I'd always refer them to the Group Desk in Detroit. I'm not sure how much of a discount there would be, either.

And Lynn, I think at this point we'll have well over 10 Delta Sigmas attending. Most of the alums who went to Chicago will be attending once again. And you're right...when one Convention ends -- we start planning for the next one right away! Chicago was great because we had 3 years to plan for it!

Everybody's so busy this time around...I don't think we'll have time to practice a hula. But we shall see...

And in other news...

Our very own MaiLy (hawaiiagd) was elected Hawaii Alumnae Chapter President last week. She was my Frat Ed Advisor, my Chapter Advisor, Panhellenic of Hawaii Alumnae President, and now Alumnae Chapter President. I'm pretty sure she held one more office with the P o H, but I can't remember.

Congrats, Mai!
Old 02-07-2006, 10:31 PM
GreekChat Member

An Alpha Gam emailed me a packet so if you want it, pm me with your regular email address.

I got one in the mail.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:18 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally posted by AGDLynn
An Alpha Gam emailed me a packet so if you want it, pm me with your regular email address.

I got one in the mail.
I requested mine via regular mail as well. I know I could've got it faster via email, but there's something about seeing that nice big envelope. Like a dork I still have my Atlanta and Chicago ones tucked away somewhere.

Nic got her email this morning...I figure my envelope's going to follow the path my Quarterly takes to my house.

Last edited by Unregistered-; 02-07-2006 at 11:22 PM.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mu_agd
Quote:
Originally posted by OTW
Nic got her email this morning...I figure my envelope's going to follow the path my Quarterly takes to my house.
And the hotel room is booked..

I hope y'all have better luck than me when booking. I had to repeat "not March, JUNE!" way too many times.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

I hope y'all have better luck than me when booking. I had to repeat "not March, JUNE!" way too many times.
For some reason, this cracks me up to no end. Its not as if "March" and "June" rhyme!
Old 02-08-2006, 01:03 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:

Maria and I each got hooked up with phat large rooms in Chicago. I wonder if we can get lucky again?