GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Phi > Phi Sigma Sigma
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 2,277
0 members and 2,277 guests
No Members online

Old 01-31-2002, 02:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ThielGirl
Talking Trying to start new chapter at Thiel College!

Hi! A few friends and I are trying to start up a chapter of Phi Sigma Sigma at Thiel College, Greenville, PA. Last month a charter was restarted for the Delta Sigma Phi Fraternity, which gave Thiel 5 fraternities and 4 sororities. Unfair, right? So, a group of my friends I, deciding we want more diversity in our school's greek life, settled on Phi Sigma Sigma! We're hoping to get in contact with some other chapters to help us through process, and we'd like to know more about Phi Sigma Sigma on a personal note. I guess my friend Amber has already been in contact with the Gamma Gamma chapter, but I don't know much about that, yet. Our only fear right now is getting over the school's strict administration (they have sticks up their asses, but we'll get around that!). If anyone has any support, stories or ideas, drop me a line! Thanx!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-31-2002, 01:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AngelPhiSig
Hi! This is Alison, Amber's friend. I am more than willing to come talk to you about Phi Sigma Sigma if you would like... I can tell you what I can about our organization! I can also help to put you in contact with the appropriate people in our National Organization!!! Any time you need me, email me!!!

Lots of Love-
Alison

PS Tell Troz I said HI!
Old 01-31-2002, 01:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to reighnfall
good luck

i'm not quite sure where you are in PA, but i'm from the delta chi chapter at shippensburg university. i'm excited to hear that you chose phi sigma sigma as the sorority you would like to start! we have a tradition of great girls and great friendships, and if nothing else, we have fun! if you need any help email me! good luck with everything and keep us updated on your progress!

LITP,
angi
Old 01-31-2002, 02:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to ThielGoddess Send a message via AIM to ThielGoddess
I'm part of the group from Thiel..

Hey, I'm one of the girls that are interested in starting the chapter at Thiel College. I just wanted to say thanks for everyones support so far- the admins here still have sticks up their asses (they haven't replied to us about anything yet)

And, Angi, what year are you at Shippensburg? My boyfriends brother goes to Shippensburg, and he was wondering what year you were

Allison- that would be great! I'll pass the message on to her
Old 01-31-2002, 04:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to reighnfall
okay, i'm going to apologize now in case this same exact message is up three times! i'm having serious issues with the computer!

anyway, i am a junior. what year is he? is he a sport or fraternity?

where are you guys in relation to ship? if we can figure out who your chapter consultant would be, nationals might be able to help get you all started!
Old 01-31-2002, 04:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Thiel College is in Greenville, PA, which is about an hour north of Pittsburgh, and an hour south of Erie. We are a small liberal arts college, with just over 1000 students. I think our closest chapter is Gamma Gamma (Clarion), either that or Zeta Nu (Slippery Rock). Hope this helped!
Old 01-31-2002, 07:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile Good luck!

I just wanted to offer my support in bringing Phi Sigs to Thiel. I just recently graduated from the gamma gamma chapter at clarion university. I have moved to Maryland, but would be more than willing to answer any questions you may have. I still get to Clarion often so if you need anything don't be afraid to ask. I am also getting involved at the alumnae and national level in Maryland and helping the undergraduate chapters in the area with recruitment as a member of the alum advisory board. I am also starting membership in the alum chapter of Phi Sigs in the area. Phi Sigma Sigma is really a wonderful sorority and I wish you the best of luck! Hope to hear from you soon!

Kirsten

Last edited by SapphireSphinx9; 02-18-2007 at 03:31 PM.
Old 01-31-2002, 08:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to ThielGoddess Send a message via AIM to ThielGoddess
Angi- i believe he's a senior this year.. He's neither actually, but does a lot with the theatre and the drama dept. there.. If you want, im me and i'll give you his name
aol- arcanefool

Greenvilles about an hour-2 hours north of Pittsburgh Pa, and not that far from Clarion or Slippery Rock Uni.

Thanks Angel- we will def. keep that in mind.. ThielGirl and I are going to head over to the head of Greek life here [again] and have a talk with her.. we'll keep you updated

Last edited by ThielGoddess; 01-31-2002 at 09:08 PM.
Old 01-31-2002, 09:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Wow! That is so great that you want to start a chapter of Phi Sig at your college! I am an active member of the Zeta Chi chapter at Villa Julie College in Maryland. We also have a really yucky administration, but we have proven ourselves to them by becoming active in the campus events. Phi Sigma Sigma has a lot to offer, and I am sure that if your campus allowed another fraternity to develop, they will allow Phi Sig to develop as well. Best of luck to all of you devoted ladies!
Old 02-01-2002, 11:16 AM
GreekChat Member

UPDATE!!!!!!

Amber (ThielGodess) and I went down to the head of greek life today, and she said she had already talked to the head of student services, and she is going to take the topic to the Feb. 7 meeting of Panhellenic reps from the 4 sororites here. There they will vote to either begin a comittee or forget it ever happened. We're so nervous! The only thing we're affraid of is a sorority saying they don't want us. Amanda and I gave her a few good points, let her know how much research and time we've put into this, and told her why Phi Sigma Sigma would be perfect for Thiel. So now we play the waiting game! We will post more updates as they come along!

Thank you to all you girls showing your support! We cannot vocalize how much we appreciate it. It makes us even more eager to become sisters of Phi Sigma Sigma!

You all are so great!
Jill
Old 02-01-2002, 11:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Sorry, I said Amber was ThielGodess, but her name is Amanda. Amber is our other friend that is interested in starting Phi Sig here! Sorry, Amanda. ::blushes from embarrasment::
Old 02-01-2002, 03:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AngelPhiSig
SO EXCITING!!!

That is so exciting!!! I hope that things go well for you!!!!! Keep in touch! Amber has all of my contact info

<3Alison
Old 02-02-2002, 11:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey ladies! It's great to hear about your interest in Phi Sig! I hope your meeting goes well. But don't ever let them forget it ever happened...keep trying.

Jen
Old 02-04-2002, 12:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jess_pom
Good luck girls! I wish you the best of luck! I also go to Clarion, so let me know if you need anything!
Old 02-05-2002, 10:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

hey girls! my name is meghan and i am a sister here at the gamma pi chpater in maryland! it awesome to hear that you are looking to start a phi sig chapter at your school! phisigma sigma is an incredidle organization that has something to offer anyone who is willing to devote themselves to it! good luck and keep us all updated!!!