GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,373
1 members and 1,372 guests
No Members online

Old 09-03-2018, 05:54 PM

I think that’s exactly why she’s saying she “tried to drop” them instead of saying she cut them, which I’ve seen in other rush stories.
Old 09-03-2018, 10:13 PM
GreekChat Member

You’re exactly right 33girl!
Old 09-05-2018, 08:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Waiting for an update!
Old 09-05-2018, 07:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Round Three: Sisterhood

Once again I woke up bright and early for round three! I was so excited! I kept telling myself that as long as I had one of my top three (Virginia, New York, and New Hampshire) I would be happy. Once I got my schedule, I saw that I had all three. I had also received the max of 6 parties. I ended up with Virginia, New York, New Hampshire, Maryland, New Jersey, and South Carolina!

Virginia: The conversation here was so easy this round. The girl I talked to was so really about school and just life overall. I felt like I could be myself and speak honestly.

New York: OH MY GOODNESS!! The girl that rushed me here was amazing and we had so much in common. If I received a bid from this sorority, I definitely wanted her to be my big. I loved it even more here.

New Hampshire: The conversation was okay here this round. It definitely wasn't anything special. But I had loved this chapter so much in the previous rounds, I definitely still loved it after round three.

Maryland: I had a great conversation here and felt like I could make it my home if I got a bid from this house. My top three were still my top three though, so this house didn't move up any after round three.

New Jersey: I talked to a really sweet girl and had a very real conversation. We had a lot in common and we were very well matched. I left this house liking it.

South Carolina: This house was fun and easy this round. I had a good time but I didn't love it any more or any less.

At the end of round three, I had to drop from 6 houses to 2 houses. I wanted to pref New York and New Hampshire. In order, I ranked my bottom four:

1. Virginia
2. Maryland
3. South Carolina
4. New Jersey

Old 09-07-2018, 09:18 PM
GreekChat Member

I can't wait to see how this turns out!
Old 09-07-2018, 09:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Please update!
Old 09-08-2018, 03:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Anxiously waiting to hear the rest of your story!
Old 09-09-2018, 09:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciencewoman View Post
Anxiously waiting to hear the rest of your story!
Me too!!!
Old 09-09-2018, 03:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Round Four: Preference

We had a couple days in between round three and round four and overall, I hadn’t been too nervous. No one I knew was nervous about getting “the call” and everyone was having a great first day of class. On the morning of preference, I got a text that my first party wasn’t until later in the day, but I still went to get my schedule bright and early! I knew I would be happy if I just got two of my top four! When I opened my list I saw that I was invited back to....New York and Virginia!!! I was so happy!

New York: This house was so emotional for me today. The song they sang as we walked in was so sweet and they made preference so personal. I cried here and was rushed by the same girl as in round three! It was amazing and I felt at home.

Virginia: Preference at this house was definitely more laid back and not as somber as New York! I had a wonderful, easy conversation with the girl I was rushed by. I felt like myself here and like I wasn’t being judged. I knew I could be at home here too.

It was a really tough decision for me to rank the two houses I rushed during preference round. I was so thankful that I loved both and would be happy with either. Due to the emotional experience and personal connection I felt, I decided to rank New York first and Virginia second. I was so excited for bid day because I knew I would be running home to somewhere I loved and somewhere I was loved!

1. New York

2. Virginia
Old 09-09-2018, 03:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Waiting to hear the announcement!! I'm glad you had two groups that made you feel at home!
Old 09-13-2018, 10:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Bid day quickly arrived the next morning! I was so excited because I knew I was going home to somewhere I loved! My group was one of the first to get their bids and as my shirt was placed in my hands, I was so nervous! We counted down to ten and I opened my t-shirt! It was.....Virginia!!!! I am now a proud new member of Kappa Kappa Gamma!!!!!!!
Old 09-13-2018, 10:13 AM
GreekChat Member

So happy for you, onlygirl3! Congratulations on a successful recruitment!
Old 09-13-2018, 12:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations on accepting a bid to Kappa Kappa Gamma!
Old 09-13-2018, 01:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Congrats!!!
Old 09-13-2018, 06:22 PM
GreekChat Member

onlygirl3, I sent you a PM.