GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Alumnae Initiation
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,454
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, nathnpetrovo648
» Online Users: 1,527
2 members and 1,525 guests
MethrenLusia, PGD-GRAD

Old 05-17-2005, 10:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks to everyone! I appreciate all of the support and well wishes. I am not sure when I will be initiated or even exactly where, we are still working out details. I know there is something of a new member orientation period, too. What has it been like for the other sororities? Those who have recently been AI initiates and those who are awaiting formal initiation?

My road to ASA began years ago when I rushed as a freshman. I went to many events with the now closed chapter. I don't know the exact reason why they closed, I didn't want to pry and there are a few things that went on that I probably should not have seen that I don't feel it is right to discuss. Anyway, I stayed friends with many of the sisters even to this day (10 years later). A girlfriend of mine was AI'd to a sorority because her local became a national. She told me about it and from there I contacted ASA and told them my story. I didn't want to be in any other sorority but ASA (hence the reason I did not pledge after they left campus) so they were the only one I contacted.
So here I am now! I can't wait to be an initiated sister!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-18-2005, 06:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to trojangal
Congratulations to you! What a neat story!!

Membership in a sorority brings pride and responsibility. Let your actions reflect the same.
CAB, Delta Eta, University of South Florida
Old 05-18-2005, 11:47 AM
GreekChat Member

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I'm glad you found your new home!! YAY for you and ASA!!
Old 05-18-2005, 04:28 PM

Congrats and welcome to our sisterhood! Be sure to post your info in the "ASA Sound Off" thread in the ASA forum.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations!!!
Old 05-18-2005, 08:58 PM
Banned

What a wonderful story, congrat's on a dream come true!

You had asked what it was like for other AIs. Well..... as you may have read, I had pledged ZTA in college, but transferred colleges, and never got initiated in college. I never depledged either, so you could say my "pledge" period was more than two decades long! I think I hold the record.

Not sure if that was what you wanted to know?
Old 05-21-2005, 06:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by newsororgal

My road to ASA began years ago when I rushed as a freshman. I went to many events with the now closed chapter. I don't know the exact reason why they closed, I didn't want to pry and there are a few things that went on that I probably should not have seen that I don't feel it is right to discuss. Anyway, I stayed friends with many of the sisters even to this day (10 years later). A girlfriend of mine was AI'd to a sorority because her local became a national. She told me about it and from there I contacted ASA and told them my story. I didn't want to be in any other sorority but ASA (hence the reason I did not pledge after they left campus) so they were the only one I contacted.
I've said it once...heck, I'll say it again!...it's weird how similar all the AI stories are. Maybe that should be obvious to me, but I still think it's neat!

The Tri Delta chapter I originally rushed is now closed too. Also, I didn't even consider pursuing any other sorority (even the other one I preferenced at). I knew where I wanted to be and where I felt I belonged!

I didn't have a formal "new member" period. Tri Delta's HQ sent me a CD-ROM with an overview of fraternity info, but I knew most of it already. I had tried to learn as much as I could about Tri Delta for the five years before I was invited to join...I know...I'm a geek!
Old 05-21-2005, 03:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by newsororgal
I know there is something of a new member orientation period, too. What has it been like for the other sororities? Those who have recently been AI initiates and those who are awaiting formal initiation?

I didn't have a "new member period" per se, but I did attend an evening of new member training with my big sister. I had to take (and pass) an open book test on the history and background of Gamma Phi Beta.

.....Kelly

True and Constant