GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,695
2 members and 1,693 guests
MSKKG, PiperJarma

Old 10-22-2018, 03:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Got my badge in the mail BEFORE initiantion??

I still have a couple weeks until my initiation but my badge arrived at my door today. I put it away safely so I don't disrespect my organization. I'm going to e-mail/text someone about it tmrw morning since it's too late right now. This has to be a mistake. Has this ever happened to anyone else?
Old 10-22-2018, 09:31 AM

You are obviously living in an alternative universe.
Old 10-22-2018, 10:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
You are obviously living in an alternative universe.
I ordered mine in September and it didn't get to me until February (and then it was made very poorly and I had to send it back, but I digress...), so I have to agree.
Old 10-22-2018, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsongirl View Post
I ordered mine in September and it didn't get to me until February (and then it was made very poorly and I had to send it back, but I digress...), so I have to agree.
For your first badge?

For SK, the chapter orders the badges and they're delivered to the chapter. They're not sent directly to the new member.
Old 10-22-2018, 10:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalGirl View Post
For your first badge?

For SK, the chapter orders the badges and they're delivered to the chapter. They're not sent directly to the new member.
I was under the impression that this is the procedure for all sororities. They don't deliver to your home, order is not placed until either the week of initiation or the day of. If you order a subsequent badge, National Headquarters has to verify you membership with the official badge company otherwise anyone can order any badge they want.

DaffyKD
Old 10-22-2018, 11:04 PM

Alpha Phi doesn’t order badges until after initiation and then it takes like 2 months to arrive and they come to the chapters address.
Old 10-23-2018, 03:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ☆flowerpower☆ View Post
I still have a couple weeks until my initiation but my badge arrived at my door today. I put it away safely so I don't disrespect my organization. I'm going to e-mail/text someone about it tmrw morning since it's too late right now. This has to be a mistake. Has this ever happened to anyone else?
Is this a badge for a local organization or a service group?
Old 10-23-2018, 08:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Update on badge ordering. Up until recently we were using J Brandt. Badges were taking forever to come in. (My daughter's 3 months). I recently ordered a second badge for myself, to wear as part of a necklace, from our new jeweler HJ. It came within about 10 days. Very surprised!
Old 10-23-2018, 10:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
Is this a badge for a local organization or a service group?
Or an academic honor society?

Also, is it possible that a relative from the same organization purchased one as a gift on HJ and had it sent to the NM as an initiation gift? I mean, I would think the NM would know that she had an aunt or something from the same sorority; but, maybe a tiny bit possible?

True and Constant
Old 01-07-2019, 11:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ☆flowerpower☆ View Post
With AOII (my chapter, at least), the new member educator passes all the badges out. Ours came in like a month after initiation. If I was in the same situation as you though, I would contact my big or someone asking what to do with the badge for the next couple of weeks.
Old 01-08-2019, 04:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by navane View Post
Or an academic honor society?

Also, is it possible that a relative from the same organization purchased one as a gift on HJ and had it sent to the NM as an initiation gift? I mean, I would think the NM would know that she had an aunt or something from the same sorority; but, maybe a tiny bit possible?
I ordered a Pi Phi badge for my daughter (they are given a gold-filled one that's included with the initiation fee, but she/I wanted her to have a real gold badge, and she picked out the one with a diamond in the arrow head). I called Pi Phi and ordered it, with engraving, and Pi Phi sent it to the CHAPTER HOUSE, probably to some designated officer, NOT to my daughter. I remember them confirming the chapter house address with me when I ordered. It did arrive in time for her to be initiated with the badge, but she was not shown or given the badge until she was initiated and there were a few new members who also had special order or legacy badges.
Old 01-09-2019, 12:33 PM
Super Moderator

ZTA badge orders are placed during the latter part of the new member period thru the chapter secretary. IO sends The badges to the chapter. They do not arrive until after initiation, so big sisters(or ZTA relative) lend their badges to their new initiate little sister to wear until her badge arrives.

My daughter wore my badge until her’s arrived and she returned it at Spring Break. They were initiated the first part of November.