GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Delta Pi
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,499
2 members and 2,497 guests
ajehnztsa1361, Cookiez17

Old 11-04-2003, 06:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to polarpi
hijack:

jojoadpi, one of my chapter's advisors was from the Eta Omicron chapter....I don't know how long ago she graduated, but I know she was president at one time. So glad to have you on the boards!

/hijack
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-05-2003, 12:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to HZpi94
Roll Call

1. University of Southern MS
2. Eta Zeta
3. Alumnae
4. I felt as though ADP was the place for me the minute I was introduced to the 1st member. During recruitment realness was evident.
5. Spirit Week/ Pref Night/ and Bid Day every year!!!
Old 11-07-2003, 11:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to FirstAndFinest
1. U of RI
2. Gamma Lambda
3. Alumna
4. Steward, Chapter Advisor, Recruitment Advisor, AA President
5. I just followed my heart...
6. WAY too many to list! As a collegian, one of my fave memories was my Initiation. I was in AWE! Had a similar experience with my Jewel Degree as an almuna. 150th Convention. Being an Advisor.... could go on and on and on...
Old 11-12-2003, 12:05 AM
GreekChat Member

1. College or University
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga

2. ADPi Chapter
Beta Beta

3. Collegian or Alumnae
Collegian
Alpha Class Fall '02

4. ADPi and Panhelleic positions held
None..... yet

5. Why you joined ADPi
I felt 'comfortable' at the house during Rush

6. Favorite ADPi memory
Singing "ADPi Tradition" at Mr. B's w/ all my sisters!
Old 11-19-2003, 11:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to csucalphie
Michelle
College: Chico State!
Eta Rho
I'm a Delta.. Fall 2002!
Positions Held: I am currently Jr. Pan. delegate... but I am going abroad next semester so I cant run for anything right now!
Why I Joined ADPI? Is there even a question... adpi @ chico has the most awesome down to earth fun girls ever... i would never want to be a part of any other chapter!
Favorite memory: it changes by the night!
"I live for the nights I wont remember with the people I will never forget!!!"
Old 11-20-2003, 12:22 AM
GreekChat Member

1. College or University: Washington State University

2. ADPi Chapter: Upsilon

3. Collegian or Alumnae: Alumna

4. ADPi and Panhelleic positions held: Scholarship Chair , Pride Leader

5. Why you joined ADPi: My freshman year roommate joined and I saw how much she opened up and enjoyed college, so when I was recruited through COR, I gladly accepted.

6. Favorite ADPi memory: Going to WSU football games and cheering on the Cougs, as well as our sisters in the Marching Band.
Old 11-22-2003, 06:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ADPiViolet
Smile memories

1. Brenau University Gainesville, Georgia
2. Lambda Chapter
3. Collegian (Delta Spring '02)
4. ADPi positions held-corresponding secretary, pride leader, and webmaster(www.brenauadpi.org
5. I came to an open bid party and we decorated cookies and sat around just hanging out, everyone was really laid back, wearing jeans and ADPi t-shirts, i felt perfectly comfortable like it was already my home.
6. hmmm, there are so many! Well, probably just hanging out in the house at the beginning of this semester was a really huge thing for me, i didn't realize living in the house made such a huge difference in the bond that you build with your sisters.
Old 11-29-2003, 03:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: ADPi Roll Call

1. Murray State University

2. Epsilon Omicron Chapter

3. Collegian - Fall 2002

4. Currently Pride Leader. Running for Offices of: New Member Coordinator, Scholarship Chair, Property Manager. Hope I get one of them!

5. Even before I went ADPi, all the ADPis I knew were so much fun and such warm and genuine girls. Recruitment was incredibly laid back and fun and the moment I walked in the door, I felt at home.

6. The night I was pinned as an alpha...when I got into my pi pal's car, she turns to me and says "You're in for a hell of an adventure!" And in that, she summed up my experiences in ADPi thus far. I'm also partial to the "dance parties" we have after diamond days. We'll have our cake and soda and admire how good our badges look on our new Deltas, then put on some music and dance with each other for hours!

oh, and ADPiViolet, TCC Barrie came to our chapter for formal recruitment and she was so awesome! at the end of the week, a bunch of us were like "When I grow up, I want to be like Barrie!"

Last edited by Alphie1851; 11-29-2003 at 03:36 AM.
Old 11-29-2003, 11:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to kateshort Send a message via AIM to kateshort Send a message via Yahoo to kateshort
I thought I'd done this already!

1. College or University: Valparaiso University, Valparaiso, IN.

2. ADPi Chapter: Eta Psi.

3. Collegian or Alumnae: Alumna (Alumna initiate!).

4. ADPi and Panhelleic positions held: None; I was historian in the local for two years, but it wasn't an exec board position. I'm currently the Eta Psi webmaster and keep a list of ADPi chapter websites (currently very out-of-date, sorry!).

5. Why you joined ADPi: My local, Delta Chi Epsilon, went ADPi when the other locals on campus went national. I discovered I could join and be initiated as a member of the Valpo chapter. I've been informally assisting them ever since!

6. Favorite ADPi memory: Has to be chapter installation day. I did the Alpha ceremony, initiation ceremony, *and* Jewel Degree, all on the same day, and was initiated by International Grand President Chris Stecher Dickey! Gave me chills. Very cool.
Old 12-02-2003, 12:42 PM
GreekChat Member

I thought I had done this but I guess not. Better late than never I guess.

1. College or University
Allegheny College in PA

2. ADPi Chapter
Eta Beta

3. Collegian or Alumnae
Alumnae

Corresponding Secretary, Formal Recruitment chair, pride leader, and now in grad school (although there is no adpi chapter here) I'm the panhellenic recruitment counselor.

5. Why you joined ADPi
sweetieadpi...thank her. She was the one woman recruitment, especially at COR events. I know she's personally responsible for a good number of girls from my alpha class as well as other classes. She joined at the end of our freshmen year and then when we had COR events at the beginning of our sophomore year she dragged me to them, I thought it was all innocent but then one day I get a bid handed to me at my door! I thank her all the time for sharing the sisterhood with me.

6. Favorite ADPi memory
It woud either be our black diamond ball my junior year we had tons of fun! Or recruitment 2003 when we had the largest alpha class in awhile, our sisterhood was at its strongest!
Old 12-04-2003, 12:43 AM
GreekChat Member

1. I'm also from The University of Kansas

2. Tau Chapter

3. Collegian

4. Jr. Greek Council President, Guard, Assistant for Recruitment for Panhellenic (will be VP for recruitment for panhellenic next year) and Standards for ADPi.

5. I loved ADPi because I realized that during recruitment it was the one place I could be myself, and I wasn't having to pretend to be someone else. Everyone here is just a little crazy like me and I love it, and it didn't help that my roommates sister was an ADPi and everyday I saw her she came and said hi to me and told me how happy she was to see me back. I just loved feeling wanted here!

6. I don't have a favorite yet. I have so many great memories so far, and I know there are many to come. I love the opportunities ADPi has given me though!

Pi Love, and rock chalk jayhawk!!
Old 12-07-2003, 05:26 AM
GreekChat Member

1. Vanderbilt University (proud to be the nice kind of Vandygirl)
2. Zeta Rho chapter
3. Collegian
4. Pride leader, incoming Fraternal Relations Chair
5. After watching girls on bid day my freshman year, I realized that I didn't want to be a GDI after all. I decided to do formal rush my sophomore year, and most of my Greek friends were AOPi's, DG's, and ADPi's. I knew the most ADPi's and I always just felt comfortable in the house during rush because so many of my friends and sisters I just knew casually really seemed to want me there. Though each sorority including our chapter had a stereotype, ADPi is one of the chapters where each member really doesn't fit a cookie cutter mold, which really makes it easier to stand out and to strengthen each other in different ways.
6. Hmmm...lemme think...staking out the Sigma Chi house with two of my sisters to steal a derby during Derby Days, playing volleyball during Greek Week with my big sis, pledge class bonding during initiation day, my friend Haylie becoming an ADPi this fall(I told her last spring she was going to be my sister!)
Old 12-12-2003, 11:34 AM
GreekChat Member

1. The University of Akron
2. Beta Tau
3. Alumna
4. Pride Leader, Formal Recruitment Chair, and Recruitment Vice President. Intramurals Chair on Panhellenic Council and Administrator for Greek Programming Committee.
5. I joined ADPi for so many reason- mostly because of the women and the way I just loved the chapter during Recruitment- so many more reasons came along as time went on!
6. My favorite ADPi memory was Bid Day 1996!!
Old 12-15-2003, 09:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile nice idea!

1. College or University
Oakland University

2. ADPi Chapter
Zeta Upsilon

3. Collegian or Alumnae
Collegian

Well since i was recently initated in november, i dont have any positions till next semester, when i'll be Spirit Chair and Property manager!!

5. Why you joined ADPi
My older sister is a delta member and i've heard about adpi for the last 3 years and WANTED IN I loved all the girls i met during recrutment and through out the years AND mostly i was excited to share the secrets w my own sister!

6. Favorite ADPi memory
oh gosh!! honestly i can think of many. The sleepover the nite of initation was sooo fun!! all of our social gatherings (lets say) are always a blast. I cant name one just now, but im sooo excited to make all my memories the next 4 years!
Old 12-16-2003, 03:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to kennedy_ja
1- Mercer University, Macon, GA
2- Beta Sigma
3- Alumnae- I graduated in 2000
4- I was Vice-President of Recruitment and Panhellenic Delegate.
5- I joined ADPi because it was where I was most comfortable. The girls were all so nice and friendly.
6- There are so many fond memories that it is hard for me to pick just one! I truly miss it.