GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 306,970
Threads: 114,629
Welcome to our newest member, RosemarieV

Old 01-14-2012, 03:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
She means that if a group looks at the pool of girls going through rush and says "yuck. They all suck." they are allowed to cut every single one of them. Of course, it's going to be uber fun explaining this to your nationals.
I know what she means. Which is why I posted what I did. Of course the likelihood of ALL remaining PNMs being too "yucky" for you to consider is like the PNM thinking the remaining houses are too "yucky" for her to consider. It's time to put on your big girl panties and reassess the situation. You can make the best of the situation or you can damn your chapter to failure.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 01-15-2012, 10:42 AM
GreekChat Member

^^^ You are correct and give good information in my opinion. I know that that they can not make you invite any PNM you don't want, however, our system will not allow you to submit your list unless your number of invites matches your RFM number. There is flexibility on the flex list. I hate doing the flex lists most of all.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXOrushadvisor View Post
^^^ You are correct and give good information in my opinion. I know that that they can not make you invite any PNM you don't want, however, our system will not allow you to submit your list unless your number of invites matches your RFM number. There is flexibility on the flex list. I hate doing the flex lists most of all.
See, that's what AF and I are talking about.

Panhel has no idea by what standards the sororities are re-inviting rushees. If the RFM number says invite 50 and the sorority has only met 25 women that they feel they would like as members, they should only have to invite those 25. Forcing them to invite more is interfering with their right as a private organization to select their members.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
That's crazy. Have you ever tried NOT inviting as many as they say you should? Panhell CAN tell you that you can't invite more than you're number, but I've been involved with two chapters that have purposely not invited back their number (one very strong and the other weak) without a squeak from Panhell. They don't have the right to tell you who you invite into your organization. For the strongly recruiting group, we did not make quota. For the weaker chapter, we made quota + 10!

ETA: I'd stand my ground with the CPC, but if it came down to one PNM that the chapter isn't that floridly against and the alternative is no QAs, etc...I'd think about giving in, but if the chapter is down by several and you've explained the consequences to them and they are adamant, I'd go toe to toe with the Greek Life Advisor. they can change their number in the computer if that's what it takes to make the program work.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Last edited by AOII Angel; 01-15-2012 at 01:35 PM.
Old 01-15-2012, 02:48 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm with you, AOPI Angel. We had to fight one as well one recruitment. We offered to call our Fraternity NPC delegate and the GA relented.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
Quote:
A chapter should never ever be forced by Panhellenic (or worse computer software) to invite back a PNM that they don't want to invite. If the computer software is enforcing that requirement, it sounds to me like its time for Panhellenic to change software venders. I know that Campus Director allows a chapter to under invite.

Last edited by AZ-AlphaXi; 01-15-2012 at 04:57 PM. Reason: dangling preposition
Old 01-15-2012, 04:03 PM
GreekChat Member

So does ICS...