GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,271
1 members and 1,270 guests
Cookiez17

Old 09-10-2017, 09:03 PM
GreekChat Member

UNC Sorority Reps

Hi so I'm a senior in high school and will (hopefully) be going to UNC next year and I'd like to rush when I do the problem is I don't really know much about the sororities there. Just curious what the reputations of different houses are. Not like top middle bottom tier but like more what the sororities are actually like. Like which are the good girls, which is the party house, etc. I understand that the girls in each house are unique and divers but in general what are the houses known for.

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-10-2017, 09:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Really smart, pretty, athletic, funny, hipsters, crunchy, beautiful, partners, outgoing, girls next door, beauty queens, quiet, involved, great sisterhood.
-every chapter
Old 09-10-2017, 09:36 PM
GreekChat Member

I assume you mean the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. But given that people from all over post here, be aware there's also the University of Northern Colorado.

You're not going to get answers here to the kind of questions you're asking: reputations, "good girls," party house, etc. Folks here tend to consider that kind of talk gossipy at best and avoid it.

Good luck!

Last edited by MysticCat; 09-10-2017 at 09:41 PM.
Old 09-10-2017, 09:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobiegerl View Post
Hi so I'm a senior in high school and will (hopefully) be going to UNC next year and I'd like to rush when I do the problem is I don't really know much about the sororities there. Just curious what the reputations of different houses are. Not like top middle bottom tier but like more what the sororities are actually like. Like which are the good girls, which is the party house, etc. I understand that the girls in each house are unique and divers but in general what are the houses known for.

Thanks in advance!
We hope that you will get to know the women in the chapters personally, and not be influenced by the opinions of people that you don't even know on the Interwebs.

Do you want every chapter there to give you a fair & unbiased chance when you go through rush? you need to do the same for them and ignore rank gossip.
Old 09-10-2017, 09:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
I assume you mean the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. (Congrats by the way!) But given that people from all over post here, be aware there's also the University of Northern Colorado.

You're not going to get answers here to the kind of questions you're asking: reputations, "good girls," party house, etc. Folks here tend to consider that kind of talk gossipy at best and avoid it.

Good luck!
Okay I understand what you're saying. I don't mean to be gossipy it's just that I don't really know a lot of people there and I know it can be kind of tough at first because the rounds are short and you only talk to girls for a few minutes so I wanted I guess kind of a bearing going into the houses. I don't by any means plan on making my decision based solely off of what I may or may not hear on here though.

And yes, I do mean University of North Carolina Chapel Hill
Old 09-10-2017, 09:58 PM
GreekChat Member

What you are asking for is for us to share gossip. #1, it's not going to happen and #2, it doesn't matter. The chapters are large, there is a huge variety of women in each chapter, and those rumors and reputations can change on a dime, and with absolutely no provocation. Go through rush fabulously naive. Make your decisions based on the women you meet. And be happy with the invitations you get, regardless what the girls around you are saying.
Old 09-11-2017, 09:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Back in the days when dinosaurs still roamed the Earth, I went through rush not knowing a thing . about sororities except for every stereotype you can imagine shown on tV and in the movies. I knew nothing about each sorority, I had no idea of campus reputations. I went in blind. Best thing I ever did. No perceived ideas about each sorority. I could judge based on my own feelings and not the so called reputations of those who I did not know, had no way of knowing if I could trust their decisions. There was no internet to influence decisions. If you want to know anything about each sorority, go to their official home page. Read their history, read their mission statement, motto, purpose, read about their philanthropy. Some sorority websites even explain WHY their chose to support that particular philanthropy. DON'T base your decisions on rumors and innuendo.

DaffyKD
Old 09-11-2017, 10:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Every single chapter here at Carolina is amazing and full of incredible women. The best way to get to know them is to go through recruitment and meet the sisters personally. Good luck with your senior year!
Old 09-11-2017, 11:30 AM
GreekChat Member

I hope from your user name you have a doberman (DON'T TELL US!!!) - my dog has a "man crush" on a Dobie and also on a Rottie. Weird, huh? I have a Belgian Tervuren; he's a wild dog, highly obedience trained but oh dear me he's a handful for most people. I'm used to him, though.

OK, then: you are in a fantastic place (GreekChat) to get lots and lots of information. You're a high school senior and you are having lots of exciting things happen this year. Enjoy the ride. Your questions are, I think, pretty reflective of what young women are thinking, so no judgment or blow back from me.

Truth: I went through rush (when God was a baby) with preconceived ideas. It's hard not to, if we are being honest. After Open House round (first day) I wanted to be a member of every group I visited. I cried when I had to drop chapters (pre-RFM). And I was very surprised to end up where I did, because at the time I thought they were too good for me, and I'd never fit in. I was wrong.

I will see if I can find some good threads here and come back and edit with links for you. I'm excited for you, I hope you will find a home and have what we have.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 09-11-2017, 12:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Also OP, you haven't even gotten into Chapel Hill yet, and that's no guarantee. You're definitely putting the cart before the horse here-enjoy your senior year of high school, apply to lots of different colleges, and then learn more about Greek life at whatever school you go to.