GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,129
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zavictoiajnr131
» Online Users: 1,371
3 members and 1,368 guests
flamboyanttree, JayhawkAOII, lauralaylin
Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 11:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDLynn View Post
Boy I'm going to try to not be around GC if WGa opens for expansion in 2009, lol.

i know UWG has 6 sororities already.. but is the campus really growing that quickly??? i know it's growing but I didn't realize that fast. the only other school in GA that i know that is rapidly growing is Kennesaw since it continues to bounce around the top 3 schools for enrollment in GA (UGA and Tech are the other 2) ...

I'm also really surprised that Kennesaw now has 2 sororites and 1 colony... Definitely surprised they don't have more... but I can see why there is really no room unless they buy up the residential land right around campus. The reason I say this is because their new president is a Greek (not sure which fraternity) and wants to put Greek housing on KSU's campus.

but yay for all the colonizing/expansion in the "impenetrable" Deep South.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:28 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just interested View Post
I didn't take it as rude. I thought maybe dreamed it. I do know another group is going to be added to that wonderful campus and whoever is selected will be very lucky. It is a great greek community for all the NPCs there. They are so inclusive and have awesome young ladies that go there to school. It is a win, win for everyone.
Definitely agree! I've often said that, if I could choose five chapters where I'd like to see ADPi colonize, Washington & Lee would be one of them! Such a beautiful campus!
Old 02-15-2008, 09:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktbug10474 View Post
i know UWG has 6 sororities already.. but is the campus really growing that quickly??? i know it's growing but I didn't realize that fast. the only other school in GA that i know that is rapidly growing is Kennesaw since it continues to bounce around the top 3 schools for enrollment in GA (UGA and Tech are the other 2) ...

I'm also really surprised that Kennesaw now has 2 sororites and 1 colony... Definitely surprised they don't have more... but I can see why there is really no room unless they buy up the residential land right around campus. The reason I say this is because their new president is a Greek (not sure which fraternity) and wants to put Greek housing on KSU's campus.
KSU has a lot of students, but when you are looking at people who enroll as fulltime freshmen straight out of high school, they only have about 8,000 "traditional" students. Still, you'd think they'd have more chapters than just 2 (and the GPhiB colony), but I guess it wasn't a huge priority in the past. They need a football team, then they'd really attract the "traditional" student who now ends up at VSU or UWGa instead.

And GT is actually 4th in size. Georgia State, KSU and UGA have more students.

Last edited by NinjaPoodle; 03-01-2008 at 05:59 PM. Reason: edited to add quote code
Old 02-15-2008, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator

CLOSED until further notice.