GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,375
0 members and 1,375 guests
No Members online

Old 03-20-2009, 04:50 PM
GreekChat Member

I have little to no tolerance for dating "rules."

I make my own, and if people follow them when they're trying to get me interested it tends to turn me off. Call if you want, don't call if you want. Wait three days, call me the next day, don't call for a week. I don't really care.

Of course, it takes a lot for me to give a guy my number. And I don't tend to date people that I just meet - there has to be some sort of interaction beyond the first meeting before I give him my number (and almost always out of some sort of necessity).
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-20-2009, 04:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agzg View Post
I have little to no tolerance for dating "rules."

I make my own, and if people follow them when they're trying to get me interested it tends to turn me off. Call if you want, don't call if you want. Wait three days, call me the next day, don't call for a week. I don't really care.

Of course, it takes a lot for me to give a guy my number. And I don't tend to date people that I just meet - there has to be some sort of interaction beyond the first meeting before I give him my number (and almost always out of some sort of necessity).
You are a lawless dater
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 03-20-2009, 05:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonSeid View Post
You are a lawless dater
It's true. I also burned all my bras yesterday. Right after doing the laundry, cleaning the house, and cooking dinner.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post

Is it true that, if a guy doesn't call in the first 24 hours after he gets your number, he's just not that into you? That if he waits 3 days, a week, whatever that he's "playing the game" and not really interested?
Really? Are you really asking if "it's true" that any one action/inaction is always indicative of the same intent, across an entire gender?

Are you really in college? And where did you get this information? Is it from the movie "He's just not into you" or whatever it's called?

If you are going to give out your number, and can't handle waiting an entire day or week or whatever, ask the dude if he actually plans to call you. Otherwise, just forget about it. If it happens, it happens. If not, then I guess "he wasn't that into you".

There. You made me say it. Smack me silly!

Old 03-21-2009, 12:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyrus View Post
Is this just a random question or is this a guy you're interested in?
Semi-random. There is a guy I'm interested in who (yesterday) said he'd "call me" and it made me think of this thing I read in Steve Harvey's book. He said that if a guy waits longer than 24 hours to call, he's not into you. I would think 3 days or something like that would be more appropriate. 1 day just doesn't seem like a lot of time! So I took it to the men on GC to see how much truth there is to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki1920 View Post
Do you like me?
check yes or no
The last time I got one of those was when I was 14.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ree-Xi View Post
Are you really in college? And where did you get this information? Is it from the movie "He's just not into you" or whatever it's called?
No, I'm not in college, I graduated 2 years ago. For the rest, see the above comment.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 03-21-2009, 12:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Semi-random. There is a guy I'm interested in who (yesterday) said he'd "call me" and it made me think of this thing I read in Steve Harvey's book. He said that if a guy waits longer than 24 hours to call, he's not into you. I would think 3 days or something like that would be more appropriate. 1 day just doesn't seem like a lot of time! So I took it to the men on GC to see how much truth there is to it.
That's a crock of sht. Harvey can fck himself for all I care. Don't believe that sht. I like Ksigkid's response the best. If you have his number, don't be afraid to call him. You'll be able to tell by the tone of his voice if he's interested. Go by your first instinct too. I hope everything works out.
Old 03-28-2009, 09:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Half the time, (speaking personally) the reason why we play the game even when we are into you is coz of the overanalyzing women typically do like (oh he's so desperate) and blah blah

Whether he calls a day from that night or a week from then doesnt show whether he's into you or not (i hate the term, so over-used lately...damn that movie)

I know personally of instances where a dude would call the next day, and no a dude wasn't into her...just cushioning a sweet ass before the pummeling.

Quote:
Okay, I was just going to ask a question but then I thought this might be a good place for others to ask their myth-y questions, too. Pick each others' brains. There are a couple threads like that, but they're all about sex so there's no where for me to ask my question so I'm making a new one.

Is it true that, if a guy doesn't call in the first 24 hours after he gets your number, he's just not that into you? That if he waits 3 days, a week, whatever that he's "playing the game" and not really interested?
Old 03-29-2009, 09:42 PM
GreekChat Member

I think if hes not into you, he is not going to call at all. If he calls at all, and is not drunkenly calling for some late night ass, then he is probably into you.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:11 PM
GreekChat Member

bumping because I'm bored...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki1920 View Post
Do you like me?
check yes or no
(and do not write in maybe)
lol
LOL

life was sooo simple then.

#flashingbacktoPleasantHillElementarySchool
~ Luke 19:10
Old 05-27-2014, 08:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Haha you're bored so you bumped a 5-year-old thread?

Gosh, I forgot all about this thing. It's supposed to be a fun "mythbuster"-type thread but no one else brought up a silly myth to ridicule.

All of my love, my peace, and happiness...I'm gonna give it to DELTA.