GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,295
2 members and 1,293 guests
PGD-GRAD, Titchou

Old 12-25-2003, 11:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Should he still be an EX???

Right before Halloween I broke up with my boyfriend, of almost 2 years. We decided to break up b/c he was in GA and I was in KY and he had no desire to stay in KY with me. He wasn't really willing to compromise(sp.) where to live in the end and he was really into himself in the end (all he talked about was movies,comic books, etc). Of couse I had countless mistakes and such to point out as well.

Anyway, I really miss him. And the last week or so I've just been wanting to call him and say I dont' care where I have to move I will, I just want to be together again. Well, all was good except he just royally ticked me off. Everything I said he had a counterpoint for - ie - Me -"He thinks so&so wants him" Nick - "So& so acts that way, not his fault", Me- "He's just been a different person this year" Nick - "I thought you said he was the same guy", etc. Just stupid bickering.....I just felt stupid.

But I still miss him terribly and hate not being with him. So I'm not sure whether I should call him or up or just let it go or what to do? I"m really confused. I don't want to totally lose him, but I don't know what to do. HELP!
Old 12-26-2003, 05:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to hottytoddy Send a message via AIM to hottytoddy Send a message via Yahoo to hottytoddy
Don't let there be a gray area. I am no expert on relationship, but it just sounds to me like you're just feeling a little lonely during the holidays and stuff and you're just bringing up old memories. You won't ever totally lose this guy..I mean with the distance you probably can't be together..however you can keep in touch. But I wouldn't try too hard. I think it would be a mistake for you to move somewhere because of him. I've seen friends do that and it is usually bad because they want to be somewhere else...yada. Sometimes you just have to "wait and see" who knows you may feel completely different in a few months and moving somewhere on impulse may not be a good idea. Like I said I am no expert and I probably don't know the whole story..but...
Old 12-26-2003, 01:24 PM

If ya move somewhere, do it for yourself, not for anyone else...........you'll be much happier, plus if it doenst work out, you wont have as much of a loss and feel like "well so much for moving here...."

I think you are lonely because of the holidays. I thought of my ex yesterday. He lives in lexington, but I didnt call him. why? because he's a penis. If i call him, he'll still act like a penis.

Dont forget the good memories you had with your ex. I wont forget the good memories I had with mine, but they are memories and no longer reality. Both sides have to be willing to compromise in order for something to work and it sounds like he's not willing to do that. Savor the memories and move on. I wouldnt even have contact with him of any kind for a while either, it'll make moving on easier. Besides, You're a pretty girl, talented, brains, common sense......dont settle for a penis, you deserve better than that girl!!!

Last edited by ThetaPrincess24; 12-26-2003 at 01:32 PM.
Old 12-26-2003, 04:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
DO NOT move because of him! Just don't! I was in the same boat and almost made the same mistake, but I'm really glad I didn't. Moving (that far, anyway) is a big decision, and you need to do it for your own reasons, not just because a guy (albeit one you care for) wants you to. I know how it is...there are some days when I miss my ex a lot (we were together about the same length of time as you and your ex), but I try to remind myself why we're not together anymore. It's tough, because sometimes I wonder what would've happened had he chosen to stay here. But...the more you think like that, the worse it gets.
Old 12-31-2003, 12:31 AM
GreekChat Member

well parts of this sound like me.. so i really cant give you can an answer because I am still searching for one myself..

my exboyfriend and i dated for about four years.. most of the way through school.. he graduated in may and got a job out in seattle.. i still had one semester left.. i went out there with him for the semester to see how it would be if i moved out there.. i tried.. for a while i was homesick.. then got better.. but then my greatgrandmother (who i was very close to) got sick.. she ended up dieing and i came home then.. one of my worst fears of moving so far away was for reasons such as this.. i am very close to my family.. (i am still struggling with dealing with her death bc it all seems so unreal to me since i was not there during her last days..)

i came back to school.. and after about a few weeks we broke up for a combination of reasons.. i just dont know if i could ever be happy so far away.. as much as i miss him and love him and would love to be with him.. i just feel torn.. who knows..
Old 12-31-2003, 01:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to RUgreek
Arrow

My gilfriend of 2 1/2 years recently broke up with me, long distance as well. Sounds like the 2 of you need to work on your listening conversations to get all your feelings out. Maybe if he understood how you felt instead of bitching at you and arguing about every point, you'd be able to find out what the real problem is and work it out with him. Either way, one of you must move close to the other, it's inevitable if you want this to be a lasting relationship.

Do you miss him, or is it the fact you had someone in your life? I'm sure things are different for guys and girls, but to me this doesn't sound like a match made in heaven. Maybe you guys have a long history that I don't know. I wouldn't let it go, I would get some closure on this by expressing how you feel to him and then let him make the next move. Whatever happens, you should not waste your time aching over a relationship that ended in October.

Just my thoughts,

- RUgreek