GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 2,276
1 members and 2,275 guests
oncegreek

Old 02-09-2001, 07:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking Alpha Chi Omega

Hey guys! I'm thinking about joining Alpha Chi Omega and i was wondering what its reputation is on campuses across the country...like what kind of girls are they and how do they compare to other sororities at your schools? and what do other people think about them? Let me know! Thanks! luv
Sunshine
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-12-2001, 07:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

They were always very sweet, caring, down to earth girls at my school but my biggest impression has come from the ones I have met on this site. Just from the few I have had a chat with- my impression is 100% in favor of AXO - very very supportive women- a good sister to have in your corner! Good luck with rush! Sue

------------------
I'd rather be lovable than popular and democratic than exclusive!

[This message has been edited by ISU_XO (edited February 12, 2001).]
Old 02-14-2001, 08:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

ISU_XO - you are so sweet -- thanks for your kind comments!

Sunshine - there is another thread on this too - do a search for Alpha Chi or AXO and it should come up. Glad to hear you are interested. Please email me for more information -- axoalum@greekchat.com

Best of luck in your endeavors to "Seek The Heights!"

------------------
"Alpha Chi Omega - If you only had 2 wishes, what would your second one be?"
Old 02-15-2001, 10:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Sorry we don't have an AXO at our school, but good luck. Let us know if you end up joining
Old 02-15-2001, 11:34 AM
GreekChat Member

I could have SWORN I posted on this topic, but perhaps I didn't!
At any rate:
We also don't have AXO at our school, however I know a few girls from my high school that went AXO at other Universities. Personally I love em. These girls were very sweet, intelligent, fun loving and kinda like the "girl next door". I hope that helps. But please do remember that chapters vary from college to college. NO ONE is perfect!
Good Luck ~ and I might direct you to the AXO forum to ask further questions!

------------------
What do you get when you cross an Alpha Omicron Pi and a Sigma Phi Epsilon? A beautiful Chi Omega!
~Love ya mom & dad
Old 02-15-2001, 11:48 AM
GreekChat Member

We didnt have AXO at my school, but I knew one AXO from Penn State. I knew her through work(Bennigans)during christmas break I think. I never really talked with her much but I thought she was sweet.
Old 02-15-2001, 08:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Hootie, i KNOW you posted on alpha chi already too!!! that is SO strange!!! i remember reading your post!!
Old 02-15-2001, 11:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Hey! thanks to all of you guys for posting your comments on AXO..they sound so nice! We dont have a chapter here yet but we're getting a new one..so they are looking for people to be founders and start the whole thing..thats what i was thinking of doing. I know it'll be alot of work and stuff but do u guys know anything about starting a chapter and what it involves? have any of u ever done it? im interested to know what i'll be getting myself into!!
Old 02-16-2001, 12:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

Hi Sunshine:

The Alpha Chis at my campus were really great girls--beautiful, caring, and really nice, plus they got along really well with girls in other chapters . . . which I can't say for every house at my campus!

Here is a little interesting story about when I rushed at AXO--I had this horrible experience, where this really mean AXO active said some terrible things to me during a Rush party. I don't know why she did it; it was the last party of the 3rd day (23 houses in that round!), and I know now that she was just tired, etc., but she really was brutal and totally inappropriate. I can remember her telling me that my shoes looked "stupid" and that the story I was telling her was "boring." Then she got up and said, "Let me find someone else to talk to you." It was horrible! I was so devastated--every other sister I had spoken to at AXO had been so sweet and intelligent!

So I went back to my dorm that night, and immediately began telling everyone how horrible AXO had been to me. My Rho Chi got wind of this, and called Panhell to tell them what happened . . . and to make a long story short, the President of the AXO chapter, and her advisor both called me that night to apologize for their Sister's actions and to ask me to please come back to AXO the next round of parties.

I was so impressed with the way this chapter handled itself. Many chapters would have just said, "Well, if our Sister reacted that way, the Rushee must have said something inappropriate to egg her on." Rush at my campus is HUGE--close to 3,000 women--and AXO is a very strong house. They could have just shrugged their shoulders and said, "Oh well, another rushee cut," but they chose to do the right thing.

I didn't end up pledging AXO, because in the end, KKG was a better fit for me. But I was always friends with the Alpha Chis on our campus, and looked forward to the joint mixers and philanthropies we had with them! Now that I am Membership/New New Member advisor for my local KKG chapter, I always remember the respectul and responsible way that AXO President and alumna advisor handled themselves during a very sticky situation.

It's always important to remember (no matter what chapter you are rushing) that one bad apple shouldn't spoil the barrel. I'm glad that AXO helped to teach me that!

Kudos to all of you Alpha Chis out there, like that Chapter President and alumna advisor, who represent AXO and all Greek women well.

Panhellenically,

imsohappythatiama

------------------
Oh, Kappa Kappa Kappa Gamma,
I'm so happy that I am a
Kappa Kappa Kappa Gamma,
Nobody knows . . . how
happy I am!

[This message has been edited by imsohappythatiama (edited February 15, 2001).]