GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 2,361
2 members and 2,359 guests
Angelow, ztylersasd2082

Old 07-01-2011, 12:47 PM
GreekChat Member

I saw that story this morning and figured that it was the reason for this bump...

I think they're both tacky. Future MIL for even sending the email AND future DIL for both contents of the email (assuming the MIL isn't exaggerating) and forwarding to het friends.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-01-2011, 12:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
Your thoughts? Forgivable? Was the mother-in-law justified in sending that email? Should she have just talked it out with the bride-to-be in person? LOL!
Oh, the irony. The first rule of etiquette is that it is never, never appropriate to criticize the manners (or lack thereof) of others, especially of your guests. While future DIL may have deserved it all (who knows), all future MIL did was show that she, too, has no manners.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:56 PM
GreekChat Member

www.etiquettehell.com Awesome horror stories of how rude people really are.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:03 PM
GreekChat Member

I know this woman. If my mil were literate, it is exactly what she would have written to me...32 years ago. Now, she is old, frail and alone. Her life, consumed with social climbing has left her without friends and certainly without my family.

I sense that I am will become a mil (x3) in the next two or three years. I really like/love these kids. And whatever my mil did (and fil) did, I will do the opposite.

And my topper of topper: (See if any of you can beat this one): My mil told me that when I got cancer my fil said, "Good. Maybe now we can get rid of her!"
Old 07-01-2011, 02:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellebud View Post
I know this woman. If my mil were literate, it is exactly what she would have written to me...32 years ago. Now, she is old, frail and alone. Her life, consumed with social climbing has left her without friends and certainly without my family.

I sense that I am will become a mil (x3) in the next two or three years. I really like/love these kids. And whatever my mil did (and fil) did, I will do the opposite.

And my topper of topper: (See if any of you can beat this one): My mil told me that when I got cancer my fil said, "Good. Maybe now we can get rid of her!"
Pure Evil!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 07-01-2011, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Is he Satan in human format?

Lakers Nation.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Thankfully, I got lucky in the in-laws sweepstakes, but I can't even FATHOM someone saying that. Seriously, horrified.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
Is he Satan in human format?
No, that would be my MIL.

Quote:
My MIL didn't even wait for me to get cancer (which I don't have, thank God) - last year she told my husband to divorce me.

In both cases, pure evil.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:39 PM
GreekChat Member

They were talking about that article on the radio this morning. The general consensus was that the future MIL should have brought *some* of the issues to her SON and had him handle it. While some of her points were undoubtedly valid and probably had to be dealt with if they were going to ever be guests in that home, an email to the future dil is the wrong way to go about managing the conflict. The DJs thought that future dil should have forwarded it to her fiance, cc'ing the mother with a note "Please handle this."
Old 07-01-2011, 05:02 PM
GreekChat Member

The snipe about her parents' not being able to pay for the wedding was completely unjustified. What a snitch.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aephi alum View Post
No, that would be my MIL.

My MIL didn't even wait for me to get cancer (which I don't have, thank God) - last year she told my husband to divorce me.

In both cases, pure evil.
My fil was "smarter". He offered me $50,000 not to marry my husband.

Yes, evil.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Doesn't match up with you all, but live-in's mom is back to being crazy. I've been posting on fb about all the crazy going on, and she's trying to play up the "I feel like something might be wrong" with live-in - trying to get him to call.

Has absolutely nothing to do with her having me on facebook lowjack, my ass.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:55 PM
GreekChat Member

I absolutely love my MIL (and she loves me ), but she lives 3000 miles away. I could take or leave my FIL...nothing "wrong" with him, he's just the kind of guy that can't give you a straight answer to a question. I could ask a question about his chickens (he's a farmer, among other things) and he ends up talking about the stars. At first I thought my Spanish might just be that terrible, but my sister in law confirmed that it's not me, it's him. My dad also told me that when they shared a hotel room, he slept not only with all of his clothes on, but also his shoes and coat and ON TOP OF the covers.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:29 AM
GreekChat Member

This past weekend, my MIL introducted my SIL (who is also her DIL, as she only has 2 sons) as her daughter. The person she introduced her to said "Oh, I didn't know you had a daughter, too!" In response, my MIL said "Well, she's really my DIL, but that's only a technicality. She's really my daughter now." She then went on to introduce me as her son's "friend". Even though I've been married to him for years.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherKD View Post
This past weekend, my MIL introducted my SIL (who is also her DIL, as she only has 2 sons) as her daughter. The person she introduced her to said "Oh, I didn't know you had a daughter, too!" In response, my MIL said "Well, she's really my DIL, but that's only a technicality. She's really my daughter now." She then went on to introduce me as her son's "friend". Even though I've been married to him for years.
Wow. There are no words. What did you respond with? Did you correct her?