GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,468
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, dizzycmaarleyy5

Old 11-19-2004, 04:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Angry Why does bedding have to be so expensive??

I've wanted to get new bedding for awhile and my bf finally said that we can get new stuff. He has Calvin Klein stuff now, but he's had it for a long time and is messed up. I've been looking into the different stuff, and I like the DKNY and Calvin Klein lines. But they're so expensive! The DKNY is too girly for him, so that leaves CK. It's like $80 for pillow cases and $100 for 1 fitted sheet or 1 flat sheet. Don't get me started on the duvets! Even the cheaper stuff is expensive.

I guess I'm seeing it as: Would I rather spend the $$ on sheets or a pair of shoes?! hehe

He's going to buy all of it , but I'm sure he doesn't want to spend so much money again.

Any ideas?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-19-2004, 05:44 AM
GreekChat Member

TJ Maxx is awesome for getting great deals on high quality bedding!
Old 11-19-2004, 07:24 AM
GreekChat Member

ross, on the web brylane or overstock. com.
dollar store or family dollar if you a less concerned with thread counts.
Old 11-22-2004, 11:02 AM
GreekChat Member

hear hear!

I bought a mattress, and I went looking for a comforter, shams and a bed skirt because I already own sheets. Everything that was inexpensive was ugly! Arg. Anything I liked was $200 or above for a duvet cover.
Old 11-22-2004, 02:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
There is a store near me that sells sheets for thousands of dollars. A comforter costs about $10,000. They have tons of clients.
Old 11-22-2004, 02:50 PM
cutiepatootie

Domestications is really good. I just got a catalog from them and their sale prices and i am seriously considering a new comforter and shams, etc....
Old 08-18-2007, 02:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to minDyG
This thread was the closest thing I could find to my question, so here goes...

I have a set of IZOD sheets that have never even been opened. They were a wedding gift from my aunt and uncle and they simply don't match our bedding...nothing is wrong with them whatsoever. I tried returning them at Bed, Bath and Beyond which was where I assumed they had been purchased by the manager there told me they didn't carry IZOD. He said to try JC Penney. Well, I never actually went to JC Penney but I did try to search their website to see if they carried the sheets but the only IZOD my search pulled up was clothing items. So, I've been trying to search Google to find out how much the sheets retail for and maybe sell them online for a reduced price rather than trying to get store credit from them somewhere. I don't want to ask my aunt where she bought them because my wedding was such a long time ago (it's been over a year but we just recently moved out of my parents' house and while we were living there we didn't need to open a lot of our wedding gifts cause we had everything we needed).

So, do any of you know how much IZOD sheets retail for, where they are sold, or want to buy some cute queen-size jersey knit sheets from me?
Old 08-18-2007, 02:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Why not try K-Mart, Wal-Mart, or Tatget?

They have to be cheaper but not as much snob appeal.

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 08-18-2007, 03:15 PM
GreekChat Member

I've bought several things from Domestications, and I've found that they don't hold up THAT well. On the other hand, I still have a Ralph Lauren comforter set that I use every winter that I got as a wedding present in 2000. Good stuff is worth the money.

I've also got a two sets of 1000 thread count sheets. They are fabulous. Totally worth it.

Warning: The above post may be dripping in sarcasm and full of smartassedness.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Tuesday Morning? They sometimes have all your sheets and "Laura Asheley", "CK" and Threadgill designs? 400-600 thread counts Egyptian Cotton for some...

"Yo soy una mujer negra" ~Zoe Saldana
Old 08-19-2007, 11:53 PM

POTTERY BARN!!! I abosolutely adore my Pottery Barn sheets. Know how some sheets are scratchy until you wash them a hundred times? Well, all it takes in one trip through the washer and these puppies feel like you've been sleeping on them for years!

They're not super expensive, but their not cheap either. A great investment, though, for a good night's sleep!
Old 08-20-2007, 12:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by minDyG View Post

So, do any of you know how much IZOD sheets retail for, where they are sold, or want to buy some cute queen-size jersey knit sheets from me?

You're in luck...on the manufacturer's website, the store locator allows you to search by brand name and line of business.

So, I did a search for stores that sell IZOD home goods in Georgia, and the only store that turned up was JC Penney. I don't know if the particular Penney's nearest to you carries them, but you can re-create the search yourself here:

http://www.pvh.com/StoreLocator.aspx

(PVH = Phillips Van Heusen, the parent company that owns the IZOD brand. )

Anyhow, if you want to try to return them, Penney's would be the place. (Or, at a minimum, they should be able to estimate retail value for you of a new set of IZOD sheets.)
Old 08-20-2007, 12:45 AM
GreekChat Member

I always buy 100% cotton sheets. I really prefer percale, but they're very hard to find nowadays.
The Company Store (catalog) has good quality sheets. Also try looking for an outlet store...West Point-Pepperall factory outlet is a fairly common one around here. They have Ralph Lauren sheets.

Last edited by AnchorAlumna; 10-02-2007 at 12:35 AM.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
http://home.ivillage.com/decorating/...,,7g05,00.html
Old 08-20-2007, 11:44 AM
GreekChat Member

I Bed Bath and Beyond and Linens N Things also have quality that won't break the budget. Also you really can get lucky in places like Ross and TjMass for things like sheets and stuff that are quality, but you'll have to search around. Macy's also has thier stuff on sale every other weekend, I think I ended up getting my bedding from their a few years ago for what ended up at around 75%. GOOD LUCk. I LOVE bedding. !