GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,324
2 members and 2,322 guests
No Members online

Old 02-09-2005, 11:01 PM
GreekChat Member

The ones I cut, I cut for a reason. Therefore, I don't do the "what if" thing.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-09-2005, 11:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ADqtPiMel
The ones I cut, I cut for a reason. Therefore, I don't do the "what if" thing.
That's EXACTLY what I was thinking as I read this. My "what if's" have more to do w/ choices in schools, missed opportunities, etc.

I guess my only "what if" in regard to sorority life would be "what if" I had rushed my freshman year instead of my sophomore year? But only b/c if I had rushed then, would it have been as obvious to me?
Old 02-10-2005, 12:18 AM
GreekChat Member

I have a few "what ifs":

- What if I had rushed my freshman year?

- What if I had continued with the rest of informal recruitment my sophomore year?

- What if I had accepted the bid I received? What would my sorority experience have been like?

- What if I had alum initiated with one of the two other sororities which invited me?

Hrm...I have a suspicion that, if I had continued with informal recruitment, I'd probably be a Delta Zeta right now.

.....Kelly

True and Constant
Old 02-10-2005, 10:18 AM

I'd like to know if AST gave me a bid. Not that I would have taken it over ASA, I'm just curious.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:21 AM
GreekChat Member

curious as to what my chapter had been like had I not been a member? I guess sorta wondering what my impact actually was... who else would've stepped up and done some of the stuff that I did
Old 02-10-2005, 07:03 PM
GreekChat Member

i have two "what ifs"

1. what if i went to penn state? would i have rushed?

2. what if i had not met so many wonderful phi mus the summer before my sophomore year? what if they hadn't been so awesome and didn't listen to my bf when he said "don't talk to her about being in a sorority or she will freak?" i wonder how the rest of my college experience would have been....

life would definately have been different.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:37 PM
GreekChat Member

I have three "what if's"...

What if I had rushed freshman year...

What if I had gone to the CW COB with the rest of the colorguard?

What if I hadn't cut CW soph. year because of a couple seniors I wasn't comfortable with?
Old 02-10-2005, 08:42 PM
GreekChat Member

* What if I had formally rushed my freshman year at MTSU instead of my sophomore year at Ole Miss?

* What if I had known I needed recs for all of the groups at Ole Miss? (The booklet said they were suggested.)

* What if I had not listened to friends from MTSU on what to wear to each round of Ole Miss' rush?

* What if I had not quit rush and COB'd?

* What if I had known about the killer B's when someone rushing me at one of the houses got me to talk about them?
(What do you do for fun? "Shopping"
What else do you do? "Hang out with friends"
Have you been to visit any fraternity houses? "Yes, my best friend is a SigEp."
Have you been out to any bars in Oxford? "Yes, my friend's sister took us to The Gin. She said it was where a lot of her sisters hang out. But, other than that, I haven't been out much."

I am pretty sure if I had rushed at MTSU I would either be an AOPi, ChiO, or ZTA. (I had COB offers to join ZTA during my freshman spring semester.)

Considering that every sorority member I came into contact with my freshman year at MTSU was a ZTA, that two of my good friends at MTSU were ZTAs that wanted me to be a ZTA there, and that I ended up COBing ZTA at Ole Miss, I am PRETTY sure that I was meant to wear the turquoise and steel gray.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Tippiechick

Considering that every sorority member I came into contact with my freshman year at MTSU was a ZTA, that two of my good friends at MTSU were ZTAs that wanted me to be a ZTA there, and that I ended up COBing ZTA at Ole Miss, I am PRETTY sure that I was meant to wear the turquoise and steel gray.
Wow! I would say so!!
Old 02-10-2005, 11:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZetaGirl22
what if..........

-i had gone to the other school i was heavily looking at Albright College? ther is no ZTA there and very small. would i have even been in a sorority?

-i had lived in the dorms my freshman year? we had deferred recruitment so people went in with "biases". would my judgement have been clouded by stereotypes?

-i had trasferred to umbc like i was planning?

-i didn't have to go to work and miss the second night of philanthropy parties? who else would have invited me back had i gone and would i have ended up preffing the same 3 houses?

-what if i had put adpi first on my bid card (i was a bit torn after pref, but in the end i knew my heart was in zta)
Loved by a Zeta Psi
Old 02-11-2005, 12:10 AM

My "what if" has a HUUUUGGEE string attached to it- A BOY

----What if I wasn't dating a boy who said he wouldn't date a sorority girl? He was my first "real boyfriend" and for some stupid reason I was really scared he would dump me.
----What if I went through Formal Recruitment Frosh or Soph year? Or informal.

Heres another big "what if"-
----What if I hadn't broken up with the a$$hole the summer before my junior year? Would I have gone through informal with Alpha Theta Phi?
----What if Alpha Theta Phi had gone with another national sorority? Would I be as active as I am now? Would be have a smoother transition?

I often do wonder about ZTA, I had a close friend who was a Zeta and tried desperatly to get me to pledge, but the boy prevented me. I think it all worked out though, because in all seriousness, the entire founders of my sorority is full of 'what if' girls.
Old 02-11-2005, 01:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to qteasied
What if...

I had rushed during the fall this year? Would I have ended up in an NPC or just gotten cut again? How would that have changed me? Would I have been active?

I didn't happen to see an MSU flyer as plain as it was in the mailroom? Would I have seen another one, or just ignored the others?
One of my friends thought briefly about starting up MSU here, but that was just talking since she transferred anyway.

I had decided to skip the info meeting for MSU? Or left before two sisters came late (traffic from NJ to CT)?

I didn't have the crew that I have now because of the whole interest process which bonded us together?

Our developing chapter falls apart? It's a very real concern that I have, but I don't let it get to me because I know I'll be putting in so much work over the next two years to make sure that doesn't happen.
Old 02-11-2005, 09:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
My "what if" is like a lot of other peoples'...what if I had rushed as a freshman instead of as a sophomore? I know I wouldn't be a DZ because DZ was recolonizing and didn't partcipate in rush that year. It's kinda weird to think about. I'm glad I waited.
Old 02-11-2005, 01:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KDMafia
Same what if as everyone else:

What if I had rushed as a freshman, as a little party girl i probably would have ended up in a different houes.

Also, what if all my friends hadn't ended up as Kappa Delta's, would I have even looked at sororities?
Old 02-11-2005, 02:01 PM
GreekChat Member

I LOVE this thread--here are mine--

What if:
My RA had not been kind of witchy and the only member of AZD I knew when I went through(sorry!! That is not meant to be mean!), so I dropped them after first round. My Rho Chi(who was an ANGEL) ended up being an AZD, as well as many of my best college friends but I had only her to think of when I went through

I actually HAD gone out more my freshman year--we have deferred recruitment, so I didn't go through till January but I really had no friends in any of the organizations because I was so scared of having the "party girl" rep that I stayed in way to much!

I actually know that AOII was where I would have ended up. I DID put ZTA down first on my bid card, with AOII second. But the only reason I did(well, besides the fact that ZTA was a great at Elon--but so is AOII!) was that my roomates really wanted ZTA and I thought we would all be friends forever if we were in the same sorority. Funny part is I could NEVER imagine being anything but an AOII now and those roomates I never really spoke to after freshman year and they pretty much de sistered.