GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 307,556
Threads: 114,742
Welcome to our newest member, HortenseEa

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-27-2011, 06:03 PM
GreekChat Member

How to impress a frat?

So I'm a third year and I'm not a transfer student. My friends from freshman and sophomore year didn't like the greek system so I was always scared of rushing. Long story short, I decided it's time for me to do things for myself and stop thinking what other people thought.

So anyways, I approached one of the top houses today and I could tell they weren't too enthusiastic about me. I went in not realizing they were one of the top houses and I'm not sure if I left an impression. They asked if I played any sports (which I didn't) and one of the bros completely turned his back on me to chat with a couple freshman. In the end, two of the bros told me I should go to info night and stuff but I could tell they just told me because they were polite.

I don't even know if I would want to join them even IF I got a bid from them (I heard they do some serious hazing stuff) but I wish I could at least be in good standings with them so I can have more options.

So suggestions on how I can impress these "cool kids from high school" type of frat?