GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,312
2 members and 1,310 guests
No Members online

Old 07-05-2017, 12:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Question about rush at the University of Alabama?

Accidentally posted duplicate!

Last edited by annabanana12; 07-06-2017 at 09:42 AM.
Old 07-05-2017, 12:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to NutBrnHair
I don't think anyone here can answer that specific question with 100% certainty. Your best bet is to go for it! Manage your expectations and have a great time meeting people. Let us know how it goes!
Old 07-05-2017, 12:52 PM
Super Moderator

If you don't participate, you're not going to get a bid! Do it!

I have a feeling that you will regret not rushing, if you don't do it. I also think you are over thinking things-things that are beyond your control right now. You need to complete your rush enrollment form NOW, gather up recommendations for each and every chapter at Bama ( really, really get on this RIGHT NOW) coordinate your rush outfits and breathe! Go to the beach, or the lake, or the mountains. Get together with friends home from school and laugh! Cook dinner for your parents as a surprise. Do some volunteer work. Do things that will keep you busy and not so wrapped up in worrying about your chances of getting a bid.

Enjoy the remainder of your summer and then ENJOY rush. The girls that can do that are usually more successful because the sororities can see the PNM's true self, how she would fit in to their chapters and what she might contribute to the chapter.
Old 07-05-2017, 04:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabanana12 View Post
Does anyone know what sororities do not take juniors right off the bat at ua? I'm struggling with deciding whether to rush or not. I planned on it then got discouraged. I have a good GPA, a couple recs, and know a few girls who are in soroties at Alabama. I'm very open minded about the process. Although there is one house I do have my eye on, I wouldn't be upset if I didn't get that one. I don't expect to as a junior. Any place where I feel comfortable is good enough. (I'm a transfer student from a junior college) I am also concerned about my major. I do have a difficult major but I also am coming to Alabama not knowing a lot of people so I think this is a good opportunity to step out of my comfort zone. Just scared!!!
You don't have to keep creating multiple threads asking essentially the same thing. Stick to one.

@~/~~~~
Old 07-05-2017, 07:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Get recs for all of the chapters, maybe get two.
Old 07-06-2017, 09:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
You don't have to keep creating multiple threads asking essentially the same thing. Stick to one.
I'm new to the forum, I couldn't figure out how to get back to my original post, but I finally got it figured out. Thanks though!