GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,460
0 members and 1,460 guests
No Members online

Old 10-17-2014, 05:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaBetaBaby View Post

There was another thread where we talked about it, and I thought it was pretty much agreed that it was cruel and nobody does this. If some groups do, I stand corrected.
At the Michigan recolonization last week, pref was invitation-only and bids were given out that night as a surprise. Four years ago, when we colonized at the school where I teach, the Greek Life office "strongly requested" that all PNMs be allowed to attend pref, and that cuts not be made until after that "round." Because we were also limited in how many we were allowed to take, there were many women cut. It was definitely difficult...personal calls were made to all of the PNMs who would not receive a bid. I think making pref invitational would have been less cruel.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:14 PM
GreekChat Member

We picked up envelopes the next day at the Student Union that had either a bid or a regret card. (That was 20 years ago, though.)
Old 10-17-2014, 08:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh sweet baby jebus, post the ending already. You may think you are being coy and adding tension, but you are just being annoying at this point. This is a completed recruitment not a live action thriller. I never guess the school and chapter so for the love of all things fattening, someone PM me so I can ignore this thread.
Old 10-17-2014, 09:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katmandu View Post
I never guess the school and chapter so for the love of all things fattening, someone PM me so I can ignore this thread.
Me too, me too! I want to know! Will someone PM me the info? Lol
Old 10-17-2014, 09:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Please see post #52. : )

And, no, P ___ S ____ does not stand for pink sequins.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:49 PM
GreekChat Member

She went through last year as a sophomore; she herself linked to the thread she wrote about her unsuccessful recruitment. Now she is a junior at the same school (and she used pretty much the same theme this year as last year) and because she dragged this out so long, it's fallen flat and is probably going to be linked in the future as an example of how not to write a recruitment thread. Too bad so sad.
Old 10-17-2014, 11:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksequins View Post
Please see post #52. : )

And, no, P ___ S ____ does not stand for pink sequins.
Ugh - I just figured this whole thing out. Why do people start new threads with a new user name but link to their old thread? Scavenger hunt...
Old 10-18-2014, 07:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Blahzey blahzey blah. Congrats on your bid to Phi Sigma Sigma at Penn State, OP. Moving on...
Old 10-18-2014, 09:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Spot-on AZTheta: the first rule of writing and speeches and marketing is to know your audience!
Old 10-18-2014, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator

I sincerely hope that the OP will wrap this up, rather than let everything hang.

I also hope that everyone realizes that a recruitment story that is posted over a month becomes more of a tease than a story.
Old 10-18-2014, 02:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukemama View Post
Blahzey blahzey blah. Congrats on your bid to Phi Sigma Sigma at Penn State, OP. Moving on...
How'd you figure it out?

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 10-18-2014, 06:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUADPi View Post
How'd you figure it out?
This time even I figured it out. OP linked to her thread from last year in which her name was "nittanyville". Read that thread. Then go check irishpipes' thread. One colony at Penn State. Phi Sigma Sigma. She said she got a bid. Whatever.
Old 10-18-2014, 06:50 PM
GreekChat Member

The fact that she was so set on placing each sorority into tiers as she talked about their importance made me thankful my sorority did not get her. It's almost weird that someone so concerned about rankings/ tiers would go for a new organization on campus. I also love how she felt the need to point out the Jewish sorority on campus as that was a problem for her. I mean, there is only one Jewish sorority on that campus so, way to go. When she sees how much work actually goes into making a chapter successful, I'm wondering if she will stick around. I mean, I get the impression that a letter t-shirt means way more to her than actual sisterhood.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
This time even I figured it out. OP linked to her thread from last year in which her name was "nittanyville". Read that thread. Then go check irishpipes' thread. One colony at Penn State. Phi Sigma Sigma. She said she got a bid. Whatever.
What she said.