GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,688
2 members and 1,686 guests
naraht, PGD-GRAD

Old 07-24-2018, 02:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGD-GRAD View Post
I have no idea if this is ever done, but I was thinking: why didn’t the Headquarters of the 4 NPC sororities band together and—if they were going to disband, do it in solidarity. Then make a group statement and all sign off on it. It seems to me that would have been more powerful than one at a time and perhaps garner more publicity.
But then I don’t know how these things work; I guess the Greek world is in uncharted territory on this one...
I read that Kappa gave up their charter rather than disband and then turned themselves in to a social club that allows all genders - they are now called Fleur de Lis (one of their symbols) but are no longer an official chapter.

I don't know the specifics of DG and Theta but it sounds like they closed the chapter and the members aren't organizing any other group. I could be wrong, though.
Old 07-24-2018, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCMS View Post
Does anyone know the reasoning behind this policy from Harvard? Given the three sororities that have now closed/disbanded, I would suspect Alpha Phi would too.

And I wonder if this policy might travel to other Ivy League schools, such as Yale and Princeton where there are many sorority chapters.

What a terrible loss and a shame.
Princeton already doesn’t recognize Greeks and every time they have publicized it, pledge class numbers increased.

Harvard is making it very clear that they don’t want a certain kind of student, and I hope they are okay with the alumni who were that certain kind of student cutting off their donations.
Old 07-24-2018, 03:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCMS View Post
I read that Kappa gave up their charter rather than disband and then turned themselves in to a social club that allows all genders - they are now called Fleur de Lis (one of their symbols) but are no longer an official chapter.

I don't know the specifics of DG and Theta but it sounds like they closed the chapter and the members aren't organizing any other group. I could be wrong, though.
The Theta chapter is becoming Theta Zeta Xi, according to the letter by Theta's president.
Old 07-27-2018, 05:21 PM
GreekChat Member

LaneSig, my PM box is full, otherwise I'd have sent this to you. Here's a link to the Kappa Sigma/Arizona chapter news.

Will delete this post as soon as you make your official announcement here
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 07-27-2018, 06:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
LaneSig, my PM box is full, otherwise I'd have sent this to you. Here's a link to the Kappa Sigma/Arizona chapter news.

Will delete this post as soon as you make your official announcement here
And here's the official University of Arizona statement

http://greek.arizona.edu/sites/greek...withdrawal.pdf
Old 07-27-2018, 11:23 PM
GreekChat Member

The Phi Sigma Sigma chapter at Barry University (FL) is now closed. The chapter is not listed on the BU FSL web page nor on the Phi Sig. web site chapter listing.
Old 07-28-2018, 10:22 PM
GreekChat Member

The Arizona Kappa Sigma news is so sad to me. It appears that this chapter has the most amazing alumni involvement and support (from FB and webpage). It also appears that they had another hiatus recently, being re-established in 2012. And I wonder from the pictures if their alumni didn't bring them back on campus to a new house with values set forth in the tiles on the walls of the new building. I don't know what happened but college men do come to school for an education, to network for their future careers - right?
Old 07-28-2018, 10:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaIotaDZ View Post
The Arizona Kappa Sigma news is so sad to me. It appears that this chapter has the most amazing alumni involvement and support (from FB and webpage). It also appears that they had another hiatus recently, being re-established in 2012. And I wonder from the pictures if their alumni didn't bring them back on campus to a new house with values set forth in the tiles on the walls of the new building. I don't know what happened but college men do come to school for an education, to network for their future careers - right?
Actually, the Kappa Sigma house at Arizona, while fairly new, was not new when they returned in 2012 but built around 2000. Sigma Chi was housed there when Kappa Sigma was off campus.
Old 07-31-2018, 11:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Found this on the LIU - CW Post campus Panhellenic Website -

Kappa Kappa Gamma joining campus this fall. Confirmed on the Kappa website.
Old 08-01-2018, 10:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Also found this as I am snooping around -

Sigma Kappa at Radford College in Virginia closed.
Old 08-01-2018, 07:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkAOII View Post
Found this on the LIU - CW Post campus Panhellenic Website -

Kappa Kappa Gamma joining campus this fall. Confirmed on the Kappa website.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkAOII View Post
Also found this as I am snooping around -

Sigma Kappa at Radford College in Virginia closed.
The Gamma Zeta chapter of Sigma Kappa at Northern Illinois University received a three-year suspension of student organization recognition (due to student code of conduct/policy violations) from the university, and has been made a dormant SK chapter by its HQ, as of an official SK news release on June 12, 2018. They are eligible for university re-recognition in April 2021.
Old 08-01-2018, 09:39 PM
GreekChat Member

More snooping around news:

*University of Illinois-Springfield: DKE colonized on April 28th 2018, per the FSL web site.
Old 08-02-2018, 11:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Per Sorority Extention (twitter), Theta Phi Alpha will colonize at Marywood University (Scranton, PA) and Benedictine University (near Chicago). No dates given.
Old 08-02-2018, 04:21 PM

I don't know if this was ever updated but Theta Phi Alpha and Tri Sigma presented at LU- Belleville this week.

No decisions have been made yet. This will be a new NPC system as I do not think they have any NPCs yet.

Lakers Nation.
Old 08-08-2018, 09:38 AM

Lambda Chi Alpha has been suspended for 1 year by the University of Arkansas.

https://katv.com/news/local/ua-suspe...ing-violations

Tau Kappa Epsilon will be returning to Northwest Missouri State University after a 3 year absence.

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)