GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 2,105
1 members and 2,104 guests
Cookiez17

Old 04-08-2008, 08:35 AM
GreekChat Member

I love this thread! These retro stories are so much fun!
Old 04-08-2008, 09:12 AM
GreekChat Member

gotta love the wrap skirts-I think I had at least 20 of them if not more
Old 04-08-2008, 12:21 PM
GreekChat Member

just checking back in and can't wait for more.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:41 PM
Banned

^ co sign
Old 04-08-2008, 07:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Round 3 (4 Party day)

For this day I wore a blue and white dress with blue heels. Oh, and the dress had very big shoulder pads. Looking back I am mortified. No more wrap skirts for the other rushees, thank goodness. Pretty much everyone was in a dress by now.

The parties this night were a bit longer (45 minutes, I think?) and things are getting more serious.

Carol Seaver- My best friend had picked me up the first day, and since the Letterman sketch was so long on Round 2, we didn’t really have much time to talk to the actives during that party. So… it’s now Round 3 and I don’t feel like I know anyone in this house except my friend, who I would be friends with anyway. Hmmm. Okay, the up –side with Carol is that I was paired with a fantastic junior this day, and then was bumped by some other great sisters too whom I would certainly enjoy hanging out with. The mood was light and easy (okay that sounds as if Kenny G is off playing in the corner!) and what stood out was that everyone just seemed to be having fun with each other, even as the parties were getting more serious. There was nothing pretentious about Carol, but a place where you could feel right at home with no make-up while eating cookie dough straight from the package. I wished that I could muster some warm fuzzies about Carol, but I did have a sense that there was something to like about her.

Mallory Keaton- Okay. You know how in Sixteen Candles Jake Ryan can have his choice of any girl in the school? And while Samantha pines away for him, she just feels that he is not in her league? But by the end of the movie he sees “something” in Samantha? Well, that is how I feel about Mallory continuing to invite me back. Let’s be honest. Virtually every Malllory is a beautiful debutante, and I am, well Samantha. Is it a mistake that I keep getting invited back, or do they really just like “me” for “me.” I am loving my time at Mallory, and not just for the superficial reasons. I really do like that the members really carry themselves with class, which is something that I try to do as well. They are so nice and (most) are very down to earth. It is easy to see the tight knit group that they are, and I am finding that I want to be a part of that too. (special note… I spelled “a part” correctly! Just wanted to point that out…)

Tootie- Wow, for the first time I am starting to “feel” sisterhood. The girl who picked me up day one came over to briefly say hello, but I spent most of the time with a sister that I had not met before. Later, 2 of the sisters I had met yesterday came over to welcome me back. It was amazing to me how easy it was to click with the girls in this chapter. .. every single person I had talked to for 3 days was someone that I would love hanging out with. This was the first party/house where I really started opening up a bit and feeling like I could be a part of their sisterhood. I still had this nagging thing in the back of my mind about the reports of very hard partying, and how/if I could fit into that, or even if I wanted to. (let’s just say that my school probably won’t “ever” make the top party campuses list, and it was completely acceptable to be somewhat of a light drinker. To have a chapter stigmatized with an “out of control” rep was very rare and a pretty negative thing). I did try to delicately ask questions about date parties, mixers, etc., to see if I could get a better sense of things from this active. Her responses were very reassuring, which pleased me greatly. I loved Tootie and was actually starting to see myself here.

Winnie- I am having the opposite reaction with Winnie… I am meeting some nice people, but no one is really standing out in my mind from day to day, nor do I feel a strong connection to any of them. Can’t quite put my finger on it. It is not that there is anything wrong with Winnie… I just didn’t have strong feelings for her right now.

By now all the Rushees were pretty stressed out and there was a more somber mood as we walked back to the dorms. I found Melissa and Amy and walked back with them. They both like Flo the best, and are really hoping for bids from her. I told them that I was more confused than ever.

I had 3 chapters that I would love to join, but for very different reasons, and how to sort that out? Well, there was still one more day of invitations, so no point in getting ahead of the game. Things could still all come crumbling down….
Old 04-08-2008, 08:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Hmmm, will have to wait!
Old 04-08-2008, 08:15 PM
GreekChat Member

This is so good. I know our school. I think I have everyone picked but not for sure on one.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:30 AM
Super Moderator

Great reporting, Blondie93! I *think* I caught your clue!
Old 04-09-2008, 12:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Is it tearing everyone else up a bit to keep waiting? I still remember what I wore for my first rush in 95... Yep, 95.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:29 AM
GreekChat Member

95...kid's stuff..this is frightening,,i remember a dusty pink dress with white sling back heels i wore in 1970 for rush. i also remember, unfortunately, what i wore for pref, the fact that i got a bid was despite the outfit...................
Old 04-09-2008, 07:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Invitation Pick Up for Pref (3 Party Day)

With much trepidation, I walked to the Student Center at that" wonderful" hour of 7am to pick up my invitations. Once *again* one of the chapters was late with their list, so there we sat. And sat. And sat. Some girls even curled up on the floor and went back to sleep.

Finally the waiting was over. My Rho Chi handed me my paper, and I remember not looking at it for the longest time. I mean, for the loooooooongest time. My Rho Chi had thought that I had gone mad. Finally, I opened it up and I had been invited back to:

Carol Seaver
Tootie
Winnie Cooper
Mallory Keaton

Oh my goodness! No cuts! And Mallory was still there too! While I really felt no bad vibes toward Winnie, I just found that I enjoyed Tootie, Carol and Mallory more. So... I marked those three and turned my list back in.

I was so excited I almost floated back to my dorm.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:34 AM
GreekChat Member

What a great feeling! (you were in demand)
Old 04-09-2008, 06:35 PM
GreekChat Member

More please!
Old 04-09-2008, 06:38 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm hooked!
Old 04-09-2008, 07:04 PM
GreekChat Member

I can't wait to find out what happened at Prefs!