GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,338
1 members and 1,337 guests
No Members online

Old 06-18-2011, 09:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey all, I am a bit behind in terms of gathering recs... To be honest the whole thing kind of slipped from my mind until early June. I've spent the last week and a half or so contacting friends, family, teachers, etc. asking if they could put me in touch with someone, but no luck except for one (possibly two) chapters.
I will be going to the University of Missouri. Rush starts August 14th. I've been searching everywhere - the school's PHA site, and the individual chapters' sites, but I can't find any info about a recommendation deadline. I know that last year it was August 1st. I was thinking of contacting my local alumnae chapters, but as I most likely don't know any of these ladies, I don't want to be a hassle. Considering when my rush starts, do you think it is too late to politely ask them to put me in touch with a local alumna?
This would give them somewhere around a month to write me a letter...?
Old 06-18-2011, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbity View Post
Hey all, I am a bit behind in terms of gathering recs... To be honest the whole thing kind of slipped from my mind until early June. I've spent the last week and a half or so contacting friends, family, teachers, etc. asking if they could put me in touch with someone, but no luck except for one (possibly two) chapters.
I will be going to the University of Missouri. Rush starts August 14th. I've been searching everywhere - the school's PHA site, and the individual chapters' sites, but I can't find any info about a recommendation deadline. I know that last year it was August 1st. I was thinking of contacting my local alumnae chapters, but as I most likely don't know any of these ladies, I don't want to be a hassle. Considering when my rush starts, do you think it is too late to politely ask them to put me in touch with a local alumna?
You do not contact the individual chapters (alumnae or collegiate) or the college panhellenic. You need to contact the alumnae panhellenic closest to you. http://www.npcwomen.org/alumnae-panh...directory.aspx
Old 06-18-2011, 09:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
You do not contact the individual chapters (alumnae or collegiate) or the college panhellenic. You need to contact the alumnae panhellenic closest to you. http://www.npcwomen.org/alumnae-panh...directory.aspx
I see - sorry about that, I got kind of confused with all the chapters and terms. I already sent out an email early this morning to the local Tri Delta alumnae chapter.. hope that's not considered rude or tacky..? Do you think it'd be too late for me to contact my local alumnae panhellenic? I don't want to rush anyone...

Last edited by superbity; 06-18-2011 at 09:22 PM.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:21 PM

Quote:
I see - sorry about that, I got kind of confused with all the chapters and terms. Do you think it'd be too late for me to contact my local alumnae panhellenic? I don't want to rush anyone...
You won't know unless you try. Just go email them right now.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Is it too late?

I just got an e-mail from a frantic pnm - and yes, I'm going to write the rec.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:26 PM

Quote:
This would give them somewhere around a month to write me a letter...?
I just got a whole slew of requests from my local alumnae panhellenic this morning. It shouldn't be too late, but the sooner the better.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:43 PM
GreekChat Member

The Denver Panhellenic Association website is not in working order. I have been trying to find contact info for them for a month. I live in Colorado and need recs for the University of Arkansas. I have found some on my own, but really wanted to use that group as a resource. Does anybody know how to contact them?
Old 06-22-2011, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorbackRush View Post
The Denver Panhellenic Association website is not in working order. I have been trying to find contact info for them for a month. I live in Colorado and need recs for the University of Arkansas. I have found some on my own, but really wanted to use that group as a resource. Does anybody know how to contact them?
It looks like they have a Facebook page.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
For you rec-savvy women: what should a PNM do when she finds out her youth group advisor is an NPC sorority alum, but has no idea what a rec is or how to write one?
Old 06-22-2011, 07:47 PM
GreekChat Member

What NOT to do.

Now that PNMs know they shouldn't solicit recs on GC, they've taken to the FB pages of HQs.

http://www.facebook.com/alphagammadelta

Seriously? I'm all for using social media to your advantage, but COME ON.

ETA: She went to the Delta Gamma and Tri Delta pages and posted the exact same thing. Won't be surprised if she hit up all of em!

Last edited by Always AlphaGam; 06-22-2011 at 07:58 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:05 PM

She looks like Kate Hudson. (Random observation)
Old 07-13-2011, 04:24 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm planning on going through recruitment at University of Massachusetts Amherst - do I need recs? I'm really not sure how recruitment works there and I can't find much online, and nothing about recs.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:40 PM

^^^That's not a "must have recs" school at all. If you can find them, cool. But if you can't it's not a big deal.

Lakers Nation.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you! I don't know anyone who's in a sorority so I really doubt I'll be able to get recs.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always AlphaGam View Post
Now that PNMs know they shouldn't solicit recs on GC, they've taken to the FB pages of HQs.

http://www.facebook.com/alphagammadelta

Seriously? I'm all for using social media to your advantage, but COME ON.

ETA: She went to the Delta Gamma and Tri Delta pages and posted the exact same thing. Won't be surprised if she hit up all of em!
I looked and couldn't find it. What did some random girl post on there? I only saw stuff about new prints coming out for letters and the thing about the Miss USA pageant. Am I missing something?