GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,469
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, davidjuioro5780
» Online Users: 2,249
2 members and 2,247 guests
fmanning

Old 09-29-2015, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Even if freshmen were "disallowed" from joining an organization that has nothing to do with the school, all they have to do is exercise discretion and keep their mouths shut.
I'd like to hear tales of people who have actually been suspended from Princeton because of this. I just searched and surprise, there is nothing online - and this is the kind of thing that the Dartmouth Review would do a 75-part series on. Perhaps these students really are brainy enough to not post every time they sneeze on Instagram.

And yeah, I'm sure nobody shacks to the point of annoyance, has a ferret or drinks underage in their dorm room, either. But if they do, I'm sure they get thrown out immediately.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:57 AM
GreekChat Member

As me username suggests i am in pi lambda phi but i am one of the refounding brothers of pilam at illinois and i must say its one of the most fruitful decisions i have ever made. its pretty difficult to refound a chapter in a school with established greek system but its worth it! i would suggest you to contact pi lambda phi headquarters as they are underway a major expansion drive now and princeton would fit in their drive
Old 10-28-2015, 10:22 AM
GreekChat Member

The question here is more about PRINCETON and less about starting a new fraternity. There are unusual rules there that may or may not prohibit growth.
Old 10-28-2015, 11:04 AM
GreekChat Member

as my name suggests i am a pilam from uiuc and the refounding brother of the illinois chapter in 2013. Its true that pilam focuses a lot on overall diversity but that shouldnt stop your interest group in applying to the pi lambda phi headquarters as a colony. One of the most rewarding experiences of greek life for me has to be the refounding father of an inactive chapter and the major expansion drive of pilam currently suits expansion all over the east coast considering 33 out of the 45 chapters and colonies of pilam along the east coast