GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 1,481
1 members and 1,480 guests
No Members online

Old 09-19-2006, 07:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessSigKap View Post
scarlett and olive
Who's scarlett and olive?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-19-2006, 07:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Alpha Chi Omega?
Old 09-19-2006, 08:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhujenn View Post
Alpha Chi Omega?
Yep, I looked it up, you're right. I didn't know that "olive" was the official. I was thinking it was scarlett and green for whatever reason.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Hello everyone. I just got back from recruitment and wanted to post before I got super tired and fell asleep. I don't know how I should proceed as I'm kind of sad how today went. I saw Tommy and DeeDee today.

Today was a really long day even though it was only two groups. I had a super early class and so being up from 6am really kind of put me in a bad spot since by the time 7pm rolled around, I was about ready to curl up in my bed. However, I drank some juice and tried to be as upbeat as possible.

Tommy- I went in with high hopes and left kind of down. We talked to 4-5 girls and to be honest, I think only one of them actually talked TO me instead of just AT me. I really do like them as girls, they seem like the kind that I would have fun partying with but I don't know if I can see myself joining their sisterhood. Perhaps I should not worry too much as they seem to be one of the more popular sororities so I don't know if I would even get pref'd

DeeDee- I like this group overall even though my initial rusher was kind of mean and both her and the other rusher kept talking about their boyfriends which I didn't like since it made me uncomfortable. Not so much that it had to deal with her bf but rather, some of the things she said. However, the next two rushers that came were very nice and one of them even remembered me from the very first day!

Overall, I def see myself needing to meet with the other two groups to see where I rank everyone for myself. However, Thursday is when I fill out my pref card and I don't even find out who pref'd me until Friday at night!! I'm kind of scared now because I keep thinking, what if no one pref's me? I know I've been myself and I've had some really good conversations with girls so hopefull they remember me and invite me back. I guess we'll see soon enough. Night everyone!
Old 09-19-2006, 11:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
*hugs* Breathe...

SPend some time iwth the other two groups, and see how it goes. Relax, and bey ourself. And it will all be fine

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 09-20-2006, 02:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Edited

Last edited by lillady85; 09-21-2006 at 01:24 AM. Reason: Discretion
Old 09-22-2006, 03:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, I know I dropped out of the radar but I wanted to update it for all those who were very nice and supportive (which was everyone!)

I get my invites tonight. It was impossible for me to rank them as I honestly did love my 2,3 and 4 choices so I felt bad putting them in the order that I had to since I would love it if I got an invite to any of them. I'll post Sunday again and do the big reveal.
Old 09-22-2006, 03:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillady85 View Post
Well, I know I dropped out of the radar but I wanted to update it for all those who were very nice and supportive (which was everyone!)

I get my invites tonight. It was impossible for me to rank them as I honestly did love my 2,3 and 4 choices so I felt bad putting them in the order that I had to since I would love it if I got an invite to any of them. I'll post Sunday again and do the big reveal.

Good, I was wondering what had happened to you. It sounds like you're having an amazing recruitment. I can't wait to hear where you end up on Sunday!

To let my lyre send forth the chords of love, unselfishness and sincerity
Old 09-22-2006, 03:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
Quote:

I can't wait, I really hope that tongiht goes well for you

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 09-23-2006, 02:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Well, I came here to post regardless of good or bad news so here it goes.
I got an invite to one pref tea for tomorrow. At first I was sad because it was disapointing but I came to the conclusion that I should go to it with good spirits as they did ask me back. I don't know which one as our rho mu's aren't allowed to tell us but I do know its one of my top three. So, I'll post tomorrow after pref tea who I attended and what happened. I'm still sad but glad that one group did see me as someone who could join their sisterhood.
Old 09-23-2006, 03:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Well, I came here to post regardless of good or bad news so here it goes.
I got an invite to one pref tea for tomorrow. At first I was sad because it was disapointing but I came to the conclusion that I should go to it with good spirits as they did ask me back. I don't know which one as our rho mu's aren't allowed to tell us but I do know its one of my top three. So, I'll post tomorrow after pref tea who I attended and what happened. I'm still sad but glad that one group did see me as someone who could join their sisterhood.
I'm sorry that your a little disappointed, but just remember, you could only get one bid. And if it was one of your top three, that makes it even better.

Here is to wishing you lots of luck otmrorow night!

BTW< how did you rank them?

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 09-23-2006, 12:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi,
I just wanted to clarify a few things. I was pretty upset last night when I posted and I've had an entire night to think it over. I know that I can only get one bid but the biggest reason why I felt so bad is that I kept hearing about suicide bidding. I figured, if I can only put one option down, isn't it pretty much the same? Plus, I don't know who pref'd me and I don't know if I was on their A or B list so what happens if I don't get a bid from my only pref tea?

I'm going tonight because I really do want to go and I have been looking forward to pref tea for two weeks now. Thank you for all the support, I really do appreciate it. I'm just a little sad because one can't help wonder...why not me?

Oops, I forgot to add how I ranked them

Joey
DeeDee
CJ
Johnny
Tommy

Last edited by lillady85; 09-23-2006 at 12:20 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 09-23-2006, 12:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to gphiangel624
If you are only invited to one preference party, you can only attend one preference party and put one chapter down on your pref card. So that is NOT an Intentional Single Preference ("suicide"). If you had been invited to and attended 2 pref parties and only put one chapter down, then you have ISP'd and your choices are more limited due to your own intentions.

Enjoy your pref tea, good luck to you, and don't stress! You've "played the game right" and I sincerely hope it all works out for you!
Old 09-23-2006, 11:24 PM
GreekChat Member

I went to the pref tea of C.J the colony tonight. I should get a call sometime tonight to know if I got a bid or not. I'll let you know.
Old 09-23-2006, 11:37 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm sending you good luck vibes! Hopefully things will go well for you!