GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Fundraising

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 308,248
Threads: 114,833
Welcome to our newest member, petarwilliams

Old 04-28-2008, 10:01 PM
GreekChat Member

I Need Fundraising Ideas!!

I'm the current fundraising chair for my sorority and am looking for any fundraising ideas that you may have. We have a large sorority (about 95 girls), so we could use ideas on BIG events, as well as smaller ones. We recently did a trivia night, and that was a huge success, but we need something for the fall--please help!!
Old 05-06-2008, 06:56 PM
GreekChat Member

I have one thing that I know works. It is a TON of work, but well worth it in the end if done correctly. I have made anywhere from $5,000 to $15,000 in a single night.

Poker Tournament

The way it works is you make the buy-in for the tournament anywhere from $50 to $100 and require each of your ladies to sell two buy-ins. If players lose all their chips in the first 2 hours of the event they can rebuy the same amount of chips for half the original price.

You can even hire companies to come in a run the event for you (dealers, tables, chips, etc)

Have a local business donate a prize or multiple prizes for the winners. I know best buy often sponsors events like this and will donate big screen tv's, ipods, etc.

Hire a 3rd party vendor to come in and sell alcohol.

While the tournament is playing have a silent auction running as well. You can get people or companies to donate smaller items for this. A raffle or 50-50 work great too.

Have some kind of presentation or slide show running throughout the tournament to show the people who they are helping out by playing.

Hopefully this helps.
# 22
Old 06-27-2008, 11:01 PM
GreekChat Member

also try Campus Fundraiser.

www.campusfundraiser.com
Old 08-14-2008, 01:07 PM
Banned

i know it may not be your cup of tea, but my sorority had a bikini car wash last year and it ended up raising almost $10,000 in one day.....yes men are that sleazy its sad but true, us girls just drank before and had a good time
Old 08-14-2008, 06:25 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasey383 View Post
i know it may not be your cup of tea, but my sorority had a bikini car wash last year and it ended up raising almost $10,000 in one day.....yes men are that sleazy its sad but true, us girls just drank before and had a good time
Old 08-14-2008, 09:35 PM
Banned

why am i a troll bc i signed up yesterday? I suppose I just got back on campus so the school year can start soon. I don't know why you're so bitter towards me, I suppose it may have something to do with you being 29 and still pplaying around on message boards bc your real life isn't too interesting while I'm in college having the best time of my life about to start my senior year.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:18 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
why am i a troll bc i signed up yesterday? I suppose I just got back on campus so the school year can start soon. I don't know why you're so bitter towards me, I suppose it may have something to do with you being 29 and still pplaying around on message boards bc your real life isn't too interesting while I'm in college having the best time of my life about to start my senior year.
If you have a problem with me being 29 and active on a message board, I'd hate to know what you think of the older GCers, many of whom have children your age, who are active here as well.

Have fun on GC, child. You won't last very long.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:01 AM
Banned

i dont have a problem with your age, i just dont understand why you would be bitter towards me for signing up yesterday. Its not like im spamming the site or anything, I just came to see if anyone i knew was on here and maybe meet some other chi o ladies. I didn't wanna sound rude but you just called me a troll first
Old 08-15-2008, 12:10 AM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Quote:
i dont have a problem with your age, i just dont understand why you would be bitter towards me for signing up yesterday. Its not like im spamming the site or anything, I just came to see if anyone i knew was on here and maybe meet some other chi o ladies. I didn't wanna sound rude but you just called me a troll first
Wow, you're not too bright, aren't you?

This has nothing to do with you signing up just yesterday. You posted that your sorority drank before raising $10,000 in a bikini car wash. Not the best image of sorority women. Trolls come on GreekChat and post similar things portraying Greeks in a negative light.

Is drinking before a bikini car wash standard philanthropy procedure for Chi Omega?
Old 08-15-2008, 02:23 PM
Banned

i was saying we had fun while raising funds....I guess you ladies were in the only sorority in history that never drank alcohol. Wait wait, I dont wanna let the secret out on the internet that sorority girls do drink alcohol o no o no all chancellors at schools are gonna cancel sororities now. All because of kasey383 and her post on greekchat about once drinking alcohol with some friends....get over yourselves its a chat room, chat quit criticizing people. I have no idea why our chapter pres said this place was fun to meet other women, from what i see its a bunch of bitter people
Old 08-15-2008, 02:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
i was saying we had fun while raising funds....I guess you ladies were in the only sorority in history that never drank alcohol. Wait wait, I dont wanna let the secret out on the internet that sorority girls do drink alcohol o no o no all chancellors at schools are gonna cancel sororities now. All because of kasey383 and her post on greekchat about once drinking alcohol with some friends....get over yourselves its a chat room, chat quit criticizing people. I have no idea why our chapter pres said this place was fun to meet other women, from what i see its a bunch of bitter people
It's okay, you'll just end up being the one blamed for opening your big mouth in saying that the UT Chi O's drink before charity/philanthropy events. Nothing like being single-handedly responsible for your chapter being put on national probation or some other sort of punishment.

No one's saying college kids don't drink or that we didn't drink. We're saying that its ENORMOUSLY STUPID to be talking about it on an internet message board. While having posted your sorority and school. And having a username where you can figure out your first name. It took me twenty seconds to figure out your first and last name.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: location, location... isn't that what it's all about?
Quote:
Its not like im spamming the site or anything, I just came to see if anyone i knew was on here and maybe meet some other chi o ladies. I didn't wanna sound rude but you just called me a troll first
Sure you did. Look at your post history, you started with your very first post, tried to be cleverly troll-y, which no one seemed to bother with or pick up on, and you've escalated since then. Nice comment in the v-card thread, blaming being 2 weeks into sorority life for losing your virginity. And if you really came here to meet some "other chi o ladies" why have you not even bothered to introduce yourself in your forum? You're a trolly-trolly-trollerton and not even a very good one, at that.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:39 PM
GreekChat Member

I find it hard to believe you were allowed to have a bikini car wash in the name of Chi Omega.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: location, location... isn't that what it's all about?
And I want to see the receipt book that they made 10 grand with a CAR WASH.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:52 PM
GreekChat Member

In addition, you stated in another thread that you have seen Jenna Bush around UT and that you have mutual friends.

Interesting, because Jenna pledged Theta in 2000 (just confirmed that on inCircle) which would have meant that she graduated in 2004. If you are a current student, I am gonna go with "notsomuch" on your Jenna claim. Jenna finished school and then moved from Austin.

Nice try though.