GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Phi Epsilon
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,453
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zamesyandext578
» Online Users: 1,963
1 members and 1,962 guests
zamesyandext578

Old 06-08-2004, 02:16 AM
PoohsHoneyBee

We started off as local.

I think if it wasn't for our greek advisor being greek... noone around here would have known what to do. He pretty much lead the way to becoming part of DPhiE.

From what I know, I could be wrong.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-08-2004, 08:40 AM
GreekChat Member

The idea of expansion has definately peaked my interest. I am going to talk with the ladies of MetroDPhiE AA about this and Denise as well. I would love to see our organization expand especially in NYC. I understand about the compliance with National and Panhel guidelines and all that formal stuff but to start the process going can it be as simple as some sisters looking for local orgs or forming an interest group on local campuses to begin the process?
Old 06-08-2004, 09:26 AM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
To answer AEPhiSierra's question, the campuses with these local organizations can force their locals to go national, but often times, they may not be successful. I know on my campus, there are 5 locals and 5 nationals. The 5 locals were told in 1996 that it was go national by 2000 or lose your recognition. Nobody went national, and ironically, nobody lost recognition. So if administrations are really commited to it happening, I suppose it can work, but often times their view may be, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I agree with Heather in that speaking with Denise_DPhiE is a good idea, as she is our chief expansion person.

Good luck!
H
Old 08-22-2004, 07:59 PM
GreekChat Member

I think a chapter at Boston University would be great! The chapter at Northeastern is really big. And since BU is right around the corner from Northeastern and down the road a way from Brandeis and Bentley, I think it would be a welcomed addition to the MA chapters.
Old 08-23-2004, 10:42 PM
GreekChat Member

only because I happen to be up here at the moment. University of Minnesota (the biggest school in the state I think) would be a great place for DphiE. We have 2 in MN already and I think that to go somewhere that has such a big greek community like that would be awesome.
Brenda*
Old 09-27-2004, 10:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Rutgers Rutgers Rutgers! How don't we have a chapter at Rutgers? Fordham doesn't have a Greek system.

And, Villanova and Berkeley, my two best friends went there (Pi Phi and Tri-Delt, respectfully). Also, anything like LSU, Alabama, or Vanderbilt down south.
Old 09-28-2004, 10:13 AM

We used to have a chapter at Rutgers, but it closed. It is odd that we haven't gone back, as we're big guns in NJ, but they aren't expanding I guess. We also had a chapter at Berkeley I think, back in the 60s.
Old 09-29-2004, 09:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dphies00
Rutgers Rutgers Rutgers! How don't we have a chapter at Rutgers? Fordham doesn't have a Greek system.

And, Villanova and Berkeley, my two best friends went there (Pi Phi and Tri-Delt, respectfully). Also, anything like LSU, Alabama, or Vanderbilt down south.
lol, Bonti - always looking for the bigger picture. Your profile still says you are in pittsburgh, btw.
Old 09-29-2004, 01:05 PM
GreekChat Member

If memory serves--and it may be failing me seriously--we only recently left Rutgers. Maybe 2-3 years ago??
Old 09-29-2004, 01:23 PM
GreekChat Member

I think you are correct Heather, I think I remember looking at their website at one point in time. It might have been longer than that but I think within the last 7 or so years.

Personally I'd like a chapter around Pittsburgh. Region 9 is very tiny!
Old 09-29-2004, 02:46 PM

That was Rutgers Camden...it's a branch of the big Rutgers in New Brunswick, where the main campus is.

Quote:
Originally posted by Heather17
If memory serves--and it may be failing me seriously--we only recently left Rutgers. Maybe 2-3 years ago??
Old 09-29-2004, 06:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes it was Rutgers Camden. Rutgers Camden is a commuter school and a very small campus - I think Rutgers Newark is almost double in size. And Rutgers Newark is like 5-10% the size of NB.

Where would it go round Pittsburgh? CMU? Duquesne? Pitt definately has the best system out of the three
Old 09-30-2004, 09:33 AM

Rutgers Camden is a commuter school, and their greek system is really bad. Each chapter is lucky to have 5-10 members, and having a chapter of that size is just not workable most times. I remember going there, right before we left, and we had 6 women, Phi Sig had 4, and the fraternities were no better off.

Ultimately, Rutgers in New Brunswick would be ideal!
Old 10-06-2004, 04:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sister Havana
Sorry for the crash, but I think it would be cool to have a DPhiE chapter at my alma mater, Indiana University. There was one at some point in time but I have no idea when or how long it was there.

IU has a very strong Greek system and there are way more PNMs who go through rush then spaces for them...they are desperately needing to expand. However, because of the rule that the sororities need to be able to have housing within a certain amount of time, and the fact that there really isn't much land around campus at all, it's almost impossible to do that.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to megahotmaureen Send a message via MSN to megahotmaureen
I totally would love to see some of the closed chapters reopened and more West Coast schools.