GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,304
1 members and 2,303 guests
Xidelt

Old 09-17-2002, 09:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Another thing to do is have a sisterhood and have each girl bring a friend or someone from their class. Phi Sigma Sigma hung up a big sheet that was spray painted and says," Want to be a Phi Sigma Sigma? Well you still have time, meet us at blah blah." They are big sheets and very noticeable. I know that they are cob'ing like crazy. I don't know what quota is here though.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-17-2002, 10:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by lifesaver

AGREED!!!

Sorry about your situation, that sux, but give me COB ANY DAY over NPC formal rush. At least you dont have to be all fake smiles and wear yourselves out trying to make a room / floor/ wing all pretty and a skit to grease thats been done about 500,000 times before. COB will give you the opportunity to actually meet the girls, spend tiem with them, and not have to have any of them forced into your chapter if you dont want, and also not have to decide weither you want them as YOUR LIFELONG SISTERS after knowing them for a total of 2 hours. HELLS YEAH COB. Any-freaking -day.
This is so true! Yay, lifesaver!

My chapter was going through this the year that I joined. They extended 2 bids through formal recruitment and only one accepted. My roommate and I were already friends with a few of the sisters, and so we were extended COB's, and then the two of us and the formal recruitment new member ganged up on all of our friends to join, and it snowballed until we had a new member class of 9. As horrible as you might feel right now, bite your lip, steel your nerves, and COB like crazy! Even if you only get a few at first, chances are that they will have friends that also want to join, and then the friends will have friends, etc.

Also, Cream had a really good point about contacting your HQ. They will help you and they may also want to investigate why this happened.

Good luck with everything!!!
Old 09-17-2002, 10:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Look over your shoulder, I could be right behind ya!
This actually happened to my chapter the first time we went thru formal recruitment as a colony. Yes, we were quite upset, but we regrouped, channeled positive energy, and did another recruitment event. We ended up with 22 women!!!!! We then became the top chapter on campus for 6 years!!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!! Don't get discouraged, ok????
Old 06-21-2015, 08:54 PM
Super Moderator

I thought I would bump this to show any WRC to whom this might happen that there are lots of options out there.