GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Kappa Gamma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,234
3 members and 1,231 guests
g41965

Old 05-16-2002, 02:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to GreekSCU
KKG at Santa Clara University?

Rumor has it that KKG is colonizing Santa Clara University next fall. Anyone know anything about this? Our Greek System has undergone major changes in the past two years, and this would be a huge victory for all SCU Greeks.

The Greek system was kicked off of campus last spring by the University President, but we have managed to survive without campus support, and due to the hard work and dedication of the GLO's here, membership numbers have actually nearly doubled.
As such, The two sororities here, Delta Gamma and Alpha Phi, are at around 160 girls each, and still, the sororities must turn away nearly 100 girls a year because they just can't take that many. Clearly there is room (and a need) for a third sorority, which is where Kappa supposedly comes in. Anybody know anything about this?

Just waiting and hoping...
Old 05-21-2002, 11:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Question Expansion

Hey GreekSCU:

I haven't heard about an official expansion effort at Santa Clara yet, but that doesn't mean it isn't in the works...

...I know that the expansion committee likes to keep things on the down-low until they have made up their minds, so it's likely that they are still evaluating the options.

I hope we hear about it soon...and I hope we hear that we'll be adding more sisters to our ranks at Santa Clara!!

PS--Isn't Santa Clara where Trading Spaces did the DG house? I LOVE that episode!!
Old 08-23-2004, 06:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to scuthetagirl
Re: Expansion

Quote:
Originally posted by imsohappythatiama
Hey GreekSCU:

I haven't heard about an official expansion effort at Santa Clara yet, but that doesn't mean it isn't in the works...

...I know that the expansion committee likes to keep things on the down-low until they have made up their minds, so it's likely that they are still evaluating the options.

I hope we hear about it soon...and I hope we hear that we'll be adding more sisters to our ranks at Santa Clara!!

PS--Isn't Santa Clara where Trading Spaces did the DG house? I LOVE that episode!!
This is an old, old thread apparently . . . just thought I'd update the info. In the end, SC Panhellenic decided to go with Kappa Alpha Theta, but from what I hear it was a very hard decision as KKG and Tri-Delt (the other NPC besides Theta and KKG in the running) are high quality, wonderful organizations. Anyways, just wanted to update.
Old 08-23-2004, 06:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to scuthetagirl
Re: Expansion

Quote:
Originally posted by imsohappythatiama
Hey GreekSCU:

Oh yeah, and about the DGs on Trading Spaces---that was our university, except that the DGs don't live in either of those houses anymore! Our current Theta president and a bunch of other people (I don't know if they were Greek) lived in Blue House (the one Frank did) last year and I think the year before, so it's no longer DGs in that house, and then DG moved out of their chapter house (the one Laurie did) this summer. I was in the DG chapter house last spring, before they moved out, for sorority composites and they hadn't changed much about their chapter room---the walls were still green, the anchors were still there, the table they painted white was still there, etc. But Blue House has totally changed. Anyways, our DGs moved into this GORGEOUS house that used to be called "Mansion" and I think the water polo team used to live in---it really is a mansion, and beautiful. It's going to be hard competing against them, as our house is much smaller, and not a historical landmark like Alpha Phi's house. Okay, that's it.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:46 AM
GreekChat Member

KKG is coming!

As most of you probably know, Kappa Kappa Gamma is colonizing at Santa Clara! Theta, DG and APhi are already there (as it says earlier in the thread). Here's a thread about it...

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...d.php?t=101230

I just thought it was funny that there was this old thread from 2002 about the same situation. You'd think with the growing demand for GLOs, the success of the chapters on campus and expansion efforts of the PHC the University would come around and just recognize these groups! Sigh.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Pictures from the installment of KKG at UC-Santa Clara are on the Kappa website now! They have a huge group and they are all gorgeous. :P Congratulations to our new sisters!
Old 12-06-2008, 12:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur de Lis View Post
Pictures from the installment of KKG at UC-Santa Clara are on the Kappa website now! They have a huge group and they are all gorgeous. :P Congratulations to our new sisters!
The Santa Clara chapter isn't actually being installed until January. I think it's the second weekend. They're a pretty big colony though, aren't they? So exciting! I'm planning on going to their installation, space permitting. Those are definitely pics from SCU though cause I recognize two advisers and a few other girls.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:51 PM
GreekChat Member

LucyKKG, did you get to go to the installation today? If so, how was it?
Old 01-11-2009, 10:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSKKG View Post
LucyKKG, did you get to go to the installation today? If so, how was it?
I did! It was great! I'm so glad I was able to go. A girl from my high school was initiated there. I'm planning on going to UC Merced in April, and I'm excited for that, too!