GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,045
2 members and 1,043 guests
PGD-GRAD, Xidelt
Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 11:02 PM
GreekChat Member

NHPC sororities. How did you choose which to pleadge for?

Last edited by ....; 03-24-2008 at 11:35 PM. Reason: misspelled title.
Old 03-23-2008, 11:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: location, location... isn't that what it's all about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltabug View Post
MODERATOR!!!
Why would a troll scream for a mod?

.... (interesting screen name), scroll down to the links at the bottom of this page, read the stickies at the top of each of the NPHC forums and talk to members you know IRL. Posting on a public forum is not the way to get the information you're asking about.
Old 03-23-2008, 11:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Please use the search function and read the sticky threads at the top of each NPHC forum. As you will find, membership-related questions will not be answered. To get an understanding on why particular GC members chose their organization, again, use the search function.

sigh, can someone make ME a mod?
Old 03-23-2008, 11:38 PM
GreekChat Member

I can only state something trite and flippant--but I will try very hard to refrain and live and let live. Maybe I can ignore it and it will go away!

"Yo soy una mujer negra" ~Zoe Saldana
Old 03-23-2008, 11:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tld221 View Post
Please use the search function and read the sticky threads at the top of each NPHC forum. As you will find, membership-related questions will not be answered. To get an understanding on why particular GC members chose their organization, again, use the search function.

sigh, can someone make ME a mod?
You need a supermod to handle this

I would not want her searching anything in our forum. Because you can see she will NEVER understand it--it still will go over her head.

Old 03-24-2008, 12:03 AM
GreekChat Member

If you're having a hard time choosing which organization to pursue, you're not ready.

Last edited by LatinaAlumna; 03-24-2008 at 12:07 AM.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by .... View Post
And actually, I understand everything that I have read so far, I am not looking for anyone to point me in the right direction. I would like to have the ability to point myself in the right direction and just need a little assistance by example in seeing how others handled the situation. I don't want to know anything about membership intake, pledging, meaning of letters, or anything of that sort.... which seems to be the root of questions that will NEVER be answered and I understand why.
The title of this thread says "pleadge"--obviously that is Membership Intake in NPHC language. The NPHC Sororities do not discuss membership intake on GC. There are reasons why we do not/cannot/will not.

Now there are MYRIADS of "how did you choose which one" threads on GC. Search is your friend. Do one. When you post such questions, I feel it is laziness and uncaring about what my Sorority is all about.

When you post such questions after we have clearly stated what we will do, I feel it is beyond ignorance it is being trite, uncouth and belittling to me, my Sorors, my Sorority sisters and my fellow GLO's.

I am sorry, but based on your continuance of this course of action, please, I beg you, do not choose my Sorority, you will not enjoy it and do not have to constitution for it. Maybe you fit in some other group--just not a sorority.

Last edited by AKA_Monet; 03-24-2008 at 12:09 AM.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
again, i did not ask any membership related questions, I figured that it would be more efficient and would be easier for people in the future if it could all be found in one thread. By having different input as to how and/or why (if they are allowed to disclose that information) GC members of different sorority chose their organization, I believe it would drive more people to knowing how to go about finding an org. that they will be happy in.
I'm confused. I thought that's what the search function was for.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
again, i did not ask any membership related questions, I figured that it would be more efficient and would be easier for people in the future if it could all be found in one thread. By having different input as to how and/or why (if they are allowed to disclose that information) GC members of different sorority chose their organization, I believe it would drive more people to knowing how to go about finding an org. that they will be happy in.
Yeah, you're NOT going to get an answer, no matter how many times you try and ask.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I have not found anything that has captured my heart.
Then you are not ready.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
It isn't the fact that I'm not ready, I have not found anything that has captured my heart. Some of the sororities do not have chapters on my campus, and the sororities on campus haven't had informational events. Out of all of the NHPC soroities the programs that have been put on include cookie and a condom, a bake sale, a soul food social, and a walk in the park (I have attended all). I have become friends with people from all of the NHPC sororities, but I want to explore my options more than reading the national websites, which I have already read. [b]I resorted to this because I thought that I would be able to get some type of guidance/response since I am not asking questions about MIP or aspects of the sorority.[b]
But you are asking questions about membership when you are unclear about which one you want to join. Going to 1-2 events per year will not assist you in membership while you are in college. Getting a good GPA will and doing well in your major will assist you in membership.

That tidbit of information is freely available. Even BET did a better job than with those small statements. But is it upto you to determine which one best fits your ideals. That is what freedom is all about... Be an adult.

Old 03-24-2008, 12:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinaAlumna View Post
Then you are not ready.
That is what I am saying...

Old 03-24-2008, 12:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
wow how did you choose to pledge is in no way asking what did you do during pledging. Choosing to pledge is a totally different act. It is something that you do before pledging. Again, I will state that I am not lazy, I just found this website I did not know that so many would have a problem with my post. Also, I have read some of the "How do you choose" and they have been for NPC which has a totally different process as I stated before. And maybe this is showing that I should definantly not pledge for your sorority because it seems that you are not open-minded because you are not taking the time to see my position. Also, I felt that this would be beneficial to others in the future in the same situation as me, which is the reason I prefer a post to a search. I'm not being lazy, I am simply helping others while helping myself. And I am also now fine with not receiving an answer because I know understand that my question crossed the limits in the minds of some. I don't think it did but if anyone does have any input on how they chose, feel free to post.
You're awfully bloody stubborn as well as rude. AKA_Monet and LatinaAlumna have answered you ad nauseum. You choose not to listen, your business, but I'm calling shenanigans on you.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
wow how did you choose to pledge is in no way asking what did you do during pledging. Choosing to pledge is a totally different act. It is something that you do before pledging. Again, I will state that I am not lazy, I just found this website I did not know that so many would have a problem with my post. Also, I have read some of the "How do you choose" and they have been for NPC which has a totally different process as I stated before. And maybe this is showing that I should definantly not pledge for your sorority because it seems that you are not open-minded because you are not taking the time to see my position. Also, I felt that this would be beneficial to others in the future in the same situation as me, which is the reason I prefer a post to a search. I'm not being lazy, I am simply helping others while helping myself. And I am also now fine with not receiving an answer because I know understand that my question crossed the limits in the minds of some. I don't think it did but if anyone does have any input on how they chose, feel free to post.
Pledging has been outlawed since the 1990's. The NPHC sororities and their affiliates now considered hazing per the statues adopted by convention. When we now hear the word pledge, we think Membership Intake Process. Process being a keyword, because it is a journey towards membership.

We are never beg for membership...

Tell me, what school do you go to and what is your GPA?

Old 03-24-2008, 12:31 AM
GreekChat Member

First off, I am considering everything that they are saying because they have already been through this process. It just seems like I have to be very defensive and careful in everything that I say
Closed Thread