GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,401
1 members and 1,400 guests
LaneSig

Old 07-12-2012, 04:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Gift to fraternity from philanthropy beneficiary

Without giving too much detail, I have recently gained employment at an organization which has received volunteers and donations (cash and in-kind) from a local chapter of an NIC fraternity which maintains a fraternity house.

Saying "thank you" is very important to me and I want to say "thank you" to these gentlemen in a proper, but affordable way.

My more patriarchal side wants to send them food (pizza party or cupcakes/cookies/cakes), but my fraternal side wants to send a plaque, paddle, or some other permanent thing to hang in their house.

I appreciate any ideas all of you may have, but particularly if you have lived in a fraternity house. Imagine that my budget is $250 or less, preferably less.

(PS - I am also probably going to ask a Greek vendor to provide a coupon code exclusive to everyone in the house.)
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-12-2012, 04:58 PM
Super Moderator

Would you be able to do both-pizza party and a plaque?

PS-The exclusive coupon code is an awesome idea too!
Old 07-12-2012, 05:31 PM
GreekChat Member

If you have a Little Ceasar's pizza, they are only $5 each so you can feed a crowd for $50.

And just a thought in an entirely different direction, what about a donation to their Foundation in the chapter's honor?????
Old 07-12-2012, 06:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
Would you be able to do both-pizza party and a plaque?

PS-The exclusive coupon code is an awesome idea too!
Thank you!

We probably could do both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
If you have a Little Ceasar's pizza, they are only $5 each so you can feed a crowd for $50.

And just a thought in an entirely different direction, what about a donation to their Foundation in the chapter's honor?????
There may be a Little Ceasar's near their campus, I will look into it.

While I do like the idea of a donation to their foundation, as a development officer it feels a little too quid pro quo. I might consider that as an individual, but not necessarily on behalf of the org I work for.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
Without giving too much detail, I have recently gained employment at an organization which has received volunteers and donations (cash and in-kind) from a local chapter of an NIC fraternity which maintains a fraternity house.

Saying "thank you" is very important to me and I want to say "thank you" to these gentlemen in a proper, but affordable way.

My more patriarchal side wants to send them food (pizza party or cupcakes/cookies/cakes), but my fraternal side wants to send a plaque, paddle, or some other permanent thing to hang in their house.

I appreciate any ideas all of you may have, but particularly if you have lived in a fraternity house. Imagine that my budget is $250 or less, preferably less.

(PS - I am also probably going to ask a Greek vendor to provide a coupon code exclusive to everyone in the house.)
No matter what you choose to do as a physical gift, please take the time to write a nice letter to their HQ letting them know what the chapter has done for you.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaBetaBaby View Post
No matter what you choose to do as a physical gift, please take the time to write a nice letter to their HQ letting them know what the chapter has done for you.
Will definitely do. (And might have already been done before I came aboard.)
Old 07-12-2012, 10:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Will definitely do. (And might have already been done before I came aboard.)
Right, I figured I didn't really have to tell YOU that, I just put it out there for others who may read this.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Many houses (even those with meal plans) don't have food service on the weekends, so if you did send over a food thank-you that might be good timing for it!
Old 07-13-2012, 01:15 PM
GreekChat Member

That's good to know! I suppose I will have to let the cat out of the bag to at least the chapter president to figure out those sort of details.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:30 PM

I want to say something that you can put a plaque on but that isn't just a plaque that hangs - like a lamp or some small piece of furniture? It all depends on how well appointed their living quarters are.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
That's good to know! I suppose I will have to let the cat out of the bag to at least the chapter president to figure out those sort of details.
If you want it to be a surprise, I'm sure no one would be opposed to some type of snack (my healthy mind says granola bars and fruit my advisor mind knows cookies) that they can put out in the dining room and members can graze throughout the day as they come in and out.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:09 AM
GreekChat Member

^^^ Good idea!
Old 07-14-2012, 06:25 PM
GreekChat Member

My chapter volunteers with the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Light the Night Walks multiple times every year.

Since they appreciated our service, they have provided a few things for us over the years.

This past year, they bought us a brand new chapter flag since ours was stolen. So, you could ask the chapter if there is something that they really need.

3 years ago, they provided a pasta dinner for us and gave us a recognition award of sorts. Basically, it is a matte photo frame with a chapter picture on one side and a hand written letter on the other. That way, you save a bit of money, but also get to do 2 things that mean a lot to the chapter.

So there are my 2 cents!
Old 07-16-2012, 07:41 PM
GreekChat Member

spam bump
Old 07-16-2012, 07:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshsx1 View Post
My chapter volunteers with the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Light the Night Walks multiple times every year.

Since they appreciated our service, they have provided a few things for us over the years.

This past year, they bought us a brand new chapter flag since ours was stolen. So, you could ask the chapter if there is something that they really need.

3 years ago, they provided a pasta dinner for us and gave us a recognition award of sorts. Basically, it is a matte photo frame with a chapter picture on one side and a hand written letter on the other. That way, you save a bit of money, but also get to do 2 things that mean a lot to the chapter.

So there are my 2 cents!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshsx1 View Post
spam bump
Don't.